DAVE&BUSTERS

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Re: DAVE&BUSTERS

Post by Diamondback1996 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:11 pm

Merk wrote:D&B is purely a ticket redemption, racer, and air hockey arcade and you would be God damned if you saw any Barmani or Fightmans there. If you want to go to an arcade and play real ass games then your options are to go to a barcade somewhere, move out to California / Nippon, or wait for Tappers to open.
There's also Tilt.

Oh I forgot, we're supposed to pretend like that place doesn't exist anymore.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:42 pm

Diamondback1996 wrote: There's also Tilt.
ROTFLOL! Sadly both DDR cabinets are out of order and one side of the pump cabinet doesn't work worth a crap thus making freestyle and nightmare charts unplayable when I stopped by last week. I can't help but think that most of us bought arcade cabinets cause we knew something like this would happen given how much of a black hole Indiana is.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:52 am

BOTH DDR machines are broken? Holy shit haha. That means DDR is down to one machine in the area excluding ITG, and that one machine might not even be there anymore and it doesn't really matter anyway since it's at that Holiday Inn water park on Michigan Road.

I realized that Latitude 360 has a much better Pump machine than Tilt. But that one's still practically brand new, so there's still time for it to go to shit as well.

Hopefully Tilt doesn't toss out the DDR machines. And when they go on sale, hopefully they actually price them to sell this time. They're just wasting space.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:14 am

It's not like anybody really maintains these things. The machine at D&B started off brand new. 5 years (or so) later...didn't work so well. I don't think most of the techs really even know HOW to maintain them let alone have the time or authorization to do so especially if parts are required. Give it time, and the one at Latitude will fall apart, too. They're doing well just to keep it clean most of the time. The USB ports are already messed up (both go to 2P, and the one actually on the 2P side is broken, doesn't normally work, and, when it does, is pretty wobbly).
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:10 am

Diamondback1996 wrote:BOTH DDR machines are broken? Holy shit haha. That means DDR is down to one machine in the area excluding ITG, and that one machine might not even be there anymore and it doesn't really matter anyway since it's at that Holiday Inn water park on Michigan Road.

I realized that Latitude 360 has a much better Pump machine than Tilt. But that one's still practically brand new, so there's still time for it to go to shit as well.

Hopefully Tilt doesn't toss out the DDR machines. And when they go on sale, hopefully they actually price them to sell this time. They're just wasting space.
Yea, that water park hasn't had that cabinet in years (I used to work in that area.) so there are none left effectively. :(
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:02 am

WE SNATCHED EM ALL UP

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:07 pm

I'm probably gonna stop by Tilt on Thursday since I still have credits on my card. Chances are the X was just down for the day, not that you really want to play it anyway. The PIU machine occasionally goes down as well.

Assuming the Tilt machines will be down for a while (or forever), our only option for 4-panel is are a couple ITGs apparently at Pinheads and Laser Flash. The Pinheads one seems terrible and we could lose the Laser Flash one when they move to Fishers.

I'm assuming that in 5 years, our only public dance machines will be the Laser Flash ITG and the PIU Infinity at Latitude. Those could even be gone by then for all we know.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Pinheads still has theirs? I thought they had gotten rid of it...

It had, uh, issues. Somebody attempted to "hack" it and ended up causing all sorts of weird, difficult to describe, glitches. I guess it mostly worked?

Some of the other ITG machines in the area got taken off location when it was discovered that people had installed various mechanisms to play them for free. As you can imagine, that doesn't go over too well with the operators.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:27 pm

That's a pretty dickish thing to do.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:30 pm

Dickish behavior? From ITG players? Heavens no!

GMSRocks104
Standard
Standard

Post by GMSRocks104 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:36 pm

Diamondback1996 wrote:I'm probably gonna stop by Tilt on Thursday since I still have credits on my card. Chances are the X was just down for the day, not that you really want to play it anyway. The PIU machine occasionally goes down as well.

Assuming the Tilt machines will be down for a while (or forever), our only option for 4-panel is are a couple ITGs apparently at Pinheads and Laser Flash. The Pinheads one seems terrible and we could lose the Laser Flash one when they move to Fishers.

I'm assuming that in 5 years, our only public dance machines will be the Laser Flash ITG and the PIU Infinity at Latitude. Those could even be gone by then for all we know.
I went to Tilt yesterday, the DDR X and PIU cabinet are functioning however the SuperNova is still broken :roll:

EDIT: Crap, I just realized I had "DDR X" and "functioning" in the same sentence. Pardon me sir.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:35 pm

So DDR 2014 is going to be tested at some D&Bs. It probably won't be ours, but it might be good to check.

Although since they did get rid of Pump, they may be getting DDR it its place.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:44 am

Oh that would be neat if our local D&B got a DDR 2014. I'd like to give it a try.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:44 pm

Considering they said it was a "corporate decision" to remove the Pro 2, I think it's very likely. I think they would know if it was removed due to poor performance, and the only other reason I can see for the removal would be because they wanted it for another store, which wouldn't matter in this case anyway.

Then again, Tilt removed the working DDR machine without fixing the broken one... But to them Pump and DDR are probably the same anyway.

Also I heard that the D&B tests will be unannounced (why? This never made sense to me), so it would be good to check D&B every few days. Chances are they won't start until after the Round1 test finishes.
Last edited by Diamondback1996 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:10 am

I take all news I hear about a new US DDR release with a grain of salt to be honest. A couple of people are saying that one reason for doing such a test could potentially be to keep some of the patents that the game utilizes and nothing more. I will state that if a release does indeed happen and the cabinets are of good quality, I would definitely consider getting one.
Memorable 2016 quotes: