UGHHHHH

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Re: UGHHHHH

Post by DAVE101 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:51 pm

It's one thing to round decimals but adding "mround(5,...)" or whatever to every block was annoying. Also, what's wrong with quarter squats? Maybe that's what I want to get good at.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:07 pm

DAVE101 wrote:It's one thing to round decimals but adding "mround(5,...)" or whatever to every block was annoying. Also, what's wrong with quarter squats? Maybe that's what I want to get good at.
Have fun with bad knees and zero hot babes.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:29 pm

I get the hot babes thing, but what if I do smith machine quarter squats? So there's less shear stress, and the quads are overloaded. That will help my fix my hamstring imbalance. Plus maybe I don't go to the gym to get stronger but to relieve stress, and moving lots of plates helps me do that.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:09 pm

DAVE101 wrote:I get the hot babes thing, but what if I do smith machine quarter squats? So there's less shear stress, and the quads are overloaded. That will help my fix my hamstring imbalance. Plus maybe I don't go to the gym to get stronger but to relieve stress, and moving lots of plates helps me do that.
The chicks thing is tongue in cheek, btw. I'm sure you picked up on that but yeah. Average gym girls are impressed by 3 plate deadlifts so you don't have to be a powerlifter to succeed there.

Want more quad activation? Do front squats. What hamstring imbalance?

Smith machine can work for some but for a lot of people (myself included) it puts your body in a really unnatural squat path that can do more harm than good.

Benefits to full squatting over quarter squatting are less stress on knees, increased PAP, more glute activation, strength gains, MORE hypertrophic potential (what? bodybuilders should deep squat?), the list goes on...

If your gym has a good hack squat machine, it's glorious for quad activation.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:33 pm

It's just annoying to hear lifters say that quarter squatters are "wasting their gym time" or "hogging the rack" like they think what they're doing is more important than the other. If people honestly cared about developing a good squat or going to parallel, they'd do it on their own accord. If they prefer to do quarter squats, good. Someone else telling them they should go deep won't make them change. So let them do their thing and mind your own.

Plus I was being hypothetical before. I don't waste time with squats. LEG PRESS LOCKOUTS BABEEEEY!

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Do people at the gym really get pissed off and think that other people are "hogging the racK" when they see some dude not doing a squat or some other lift to their standards?

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:25 pm

Merk wrote:Do people at the gym really get pissed off and think that other people are "hogging the racK" when they see some dude not doing a squat or some other lift to their standards?
I get pissed when I see someone curling in the squat rack. You don't need a fucking power rack to pump your nonexistent biceps.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Even if there's no one else waiting for the rack? If there are only as many barbells as there are racks, how else do they complete their lift? Sure they could step out of the rack, but how good is a squat rack to you without a barbell? I don't do curls myself, but even powerlifters use them to assist with their pulls (bicep strains are not uncommon with deadlifts). I am "guilty" of doing chins in the squat rack, and sure there are other places I could do them, but that is the only place without obnoxious rubber grip, knurling, or weird angles.

THE PUMP

(watch till the end)

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:23 pm

DAVE101 wrote:Even if there's no one else waiting for the rack? If there are only as many barbells as there are racks, how else do they complete their lift? Sure they could step out of the rack, but how good is a squat rack to you without a barbell? I don't do curls myself, but even powerlifters use them to assist with their pulls (bicep strains are not uncommon with deadlifts). I am "guilty" of doing chins in the squat rack, and sure there are other places I could do them, but that is the only place without obnoxious rubber grip, knurling, or weird angles.

THE PUMP

(watch till the end)
If the gym is empty then whatever.

There's two power racks, one Oly platform, two flat benches, an incline and a decline at my gym. There's dumbbells galore, cables, bicep and tricep machines, ez-curl bars up to 110lbs and a straight bar that isn't associated with any particular place. I sure as hell will say something if myself or someone is wanting to squat/OHP/"something that benefits from a power rack" and bicep bro is taking up that spot.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:48 pm

There are leg presses, smith machines, leg curl/extension machines, and dumbbells galore. I sure as heck will say something if myself or one of my brosefs is wanting to curl/shrug/"something that will get me babes" and the fat powerlifter is OHP-ing in the curl rack. My parents pay just as much for my membership as anyone else.

You want to improve your overhead press? Just use the DBs or EZ bars you talked so highly about. What gives your lift a priority to barbells and racks over someone else's?

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:03 pm

DAVE101 wrote:There are leg presses, smith machines, leg curl/extension machines, and dumbbells galore. I sure as heck will say something if myself or one of my brosefs is wanting to curl/shrug/"something that will get me babes" and the fat powerlifter is OHP-ing in the curl rack. My parents pay just as much for my membership as anyone else.

You want to improve your overhead press? Just use the DBs or EZ bars you talked so highly about. What gives your lift a priority to barbells and racks over someone else's?
Lol.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:15 am

So I started playing again...

Sightread

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:21 am

Yoooooo what?! Is that the Round1? Those are good scores homie, is the timing window any different? I don't know shit about the latest DDRs

Welcome back homie! Thank you for posting!

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:04 pm

Merk wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:21 am
Yoooooo what?! Is that the Round1? Those are good scores homie, is the timing window any different? I don't know shit about the latest DDRs

Welcome back homie! Thank you for posting!
Yep! Round1 Vancouver, WA.

I think the timing window is still frame based? I've seen these values and they kind of feel right.
Marvelous: +/- 16.7 ms (+/- One Frame)
Perfect: +/- 33 ms (+/- Two Frames)
Great: +/- 92 ms (+/- 5.5 Frames)
Good: +/- 142 ms (+/- 8.5 Frames)
Boo: +/- 225 ms (+/- 13.5 Frames)

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:51 am

Damn it looks like they got rid of Boo's! I suppose that rating was sort of superfluous, they had to make room for Marvs!