Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

LikeableRodent

Re: Putt-Putt's Machines (Fort Wayne)

Post by LikeableRodent » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:23 am

Merk wrote:I'm confused... But anyway we all miss you, Adam. In case you were wondering I got fat.

Aww, thanks.

And you got fat... so I heard. Though I won't believe it until you post a shirtless pic.

I'm still skinny.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:16 am

Here you go:

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:42 pm

Just in case no one knew..There are no machines anymore at Putt putt. Kthx.
~*Erica*~

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:48 pm

Wait really? When did that happen?

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:32 pm

Not quite sure..someone said they sold them to somebody else. I came back to visit in June and was sorely disappointed that Putt Putt is even more boring than it used to be.
~*Erica*~

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:27 am

Whoa whoa whoa, for real?

That is hugely disappointing, they were the best arcade to play DDR in Fort Wayne. I learned to play the game on their machine and because of that it holds a special place in my heart. Damn!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:52 am

I'm amused that someone who lives nearly 2,000 miles away apparently knows more about an arcade here--especially when one of is local to it. Riot...what gives?! How could you let this slip past you?

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:36 am

Riot has his own machine now so he doesn't need to leave his house anymore for anything other than work and groceries so I can see why he wouldn't know.

But you're right, I would have never, ever expected Erica to be the one to break the news that Putt-Putt got rid of their machines!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:00 am

Ho wrote:I'm amused that someone who lives nearly 2,000 miles away apparently knows more about an arcade here--especially when one of is local to it. Riot...what gives?! How could you let this slip past you?
I knew about it like two months ago because Joe posted something about it on Facebook. *shrug* I figured people just knew I guess. And yeah, I gots my own machine now and the only times I've been to Putt Putt within the last 3 years have been when Chad and Merk wanted to go like twice.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:02 am

Riot wrote:
Ho wrote:I'm amused that someone who lives nearly 2,000 miles away apparently knows more about an arcade here--especially when one of is local to it. Riot...what gives?! How could you let this slip past you?
I knew about it like two months ago because Joe posted something about it on Facebook. *shrug* I figured people just knew I guess. And yeah, I gots my own machine now and the only times I've been to Putt Putt within the last 3 years have been when Chad and Merk wanted to go like twice.
That back room was pretty weird and smelly. Did they dump Pro also?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:06 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Riot wrote:
That back room was pretty weird and smelly. Did they dump Pro also?
I dunno since I haven't been and only heard through hearsay. Yeah I didn't like that back room setup, and preferred it when it was over in the other side of the place, more in the public eye. Although there you had to dodge stray skeeballs.

Plus it was by the IIDX machine UNTIL SOME IDIOT DECIDED TO BUY IT AND TAKE IT AWAY.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:11 am

Blame Joe. He tipped me that it was available.

Although, in the condition it was when I got it, I don't think you lost much. You're welcome to come visit me...and it...if you can ever tear yourself away from your DDR. ;)

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:23 am

Ho wrote:Blame Joe. He tipped me that it was available.

Although, in the condition it was when I got it, I don't think you lost much. You're welcome to come visit me...and it...if you can ever tear yourself away from your DDR. ;)
Hah yeah I'm just kidding. By that time 4th Style was getting pretty old and I didn't make that many trips out there (plus I was off to college when you bought it I believe). I've actually played DDR an hour every day in July and have been making a concerted effort to work out lately. I was calculating it out with Chad a couple days ago...

In an hour's time, I play about 21-24 songs (7-8 sets of three), so for the whole month if we just average and take 24 songs x 31 days, I played about 744 songs in July, which is 248 sets. Some of those were doubles though, so it'd be more expensive, but assuming 248 times .75 cents a play, I saved about $186-200 in July. I probably played an additional 500-600 songs in the rest of the time I've owned it since February (I've just made myself work out a lot in July to keep regular), so yeah, probably made back about $350-400 so far in play time at least if I were to play at a normal arcade.

Will be doing the whole Stepmania cab thing in the coming months which should breathe some new life into it as well, as Extreme is admittedly getting a bit old now.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:34 am

I disagree, I loved the back room since the surly people that Putt-Putt tended to attract never went back there so I could be a little Dance Dance Man in relative seclusion.

Chad, do you mean ITG or Pump Pro? If the latter, then Pump Pro has been gone for a long while now -- I wonder what happened to that machine....

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:40 am

Merk wrote:I disagree, I loved the back room since the surly people that Putt-Putt tended to attract never went back there so I could be a little Dance Dance Man in relative seclusion.

Chad, do you mean ITG or Pump Pro? If the latter, then Pump Pro has been gone for a long while now -- I wonder what happened to that machine....
I never really frequented there when it was in the back room location, but the times where I have been the little room is either really stinky or packed with nerdlings playing card games on the floor or something. And then there's always little weird kids poking their heads in to distract you lol