DEATH TO AMERICA

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

DEATH TO AMERICA

Post by Merk » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:12 am

On this special day I thought it would be appropriate to make a thread where we bitch about all the things we don't like about America since I have a feeling that we're the type of crowd that has a few grievances with the country we live in. Haters only. I don't want things to derail into paragraph posting because I'm sure we all have these WONDERFUL GREAT IDEAS the size of Texas that we would love to just rattle off - if you want to post your great resolution that I'm sure no one in the world has ever thought of or read on the Internet somewhere then try to keep it to a brief executive summary. I'll start us off on the first world bitchery:

* Online poker is defacto illegal. Just make it legal again, no one was ever robbed playing poker on the internet until the Fed stepped in (yes, I know there are exceptions, fuck off). The government does not care about the well-being of my wallet and the choices I make. I can easily go to my local Kroger and buy a Hoosier Lottery ticket, all proceeds go to Uncle Sam though, obv.

* Sweet Jamaican grass is illegal. You can't stop people from getting high. There are enough gangsters and murderers in this country to fill the prisons, we don't need your average Potter going to prison so Big Texas Businessman can have cheap labor. Just tax the fuck out of it, let tobacco companies reap a fuck load of profits, and let me get so god damn high I start playing catch with my dead father.

* Lobbyists have too much clout. Example: I can't fucking buy alcohol on Sunday in Indiana because the restaurant/bar lobby puts a fuck ton of money in making sure liquor laws stay the way they are. We need to have stricter regulation in how much lobbyists can give and much, much better oversight.

DO NOT PARAGRAPH POST. No one is listening. This is IndyDDR. Maybe 10 people will read your dissertation on why import tariffs are choking the life out of your anime collection. No one cares.
Last edited by Merk on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fluffyumpkins

Re: DEATH TO AMERICA

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:13 am

!!!DID NOT READ!!!
ImageImage

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:43 pm

I did it for Whitney.

- Religious groups in Texas and elsewhere cry foul when evolution (a data-driven scientific theory that gets stronger support every day) is held in higher regard in a SCIENCE class than "intelligent design." It's a secular country. Stop trying to legislate science education when you don't have a single inkling of what the scientific method is. I didn't sit in my religious studies class and tell the Mormons who visited that their theory of getting a planet to themselves after they died defied any natural law of physics...

- Old farts who think you can't get pregnant from rape should have no influence over decisions in this country, period.

- People who say they want free healthcare and that Canada has it so much better. It is such a massive and complicated issue that your stupid facebook post about it does not even touch the surface of the real issues involved.

- Unions are toxic.

- Bankers getting bailed out is a shitty idea. If you reward failure, don't expect anything else.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:48 pm

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/07/ ... cians-hate

One: Eliminate the mortgage tax deduction, which lets homeowners deduct the interest they pay on their mortgages. Gone. After all, big houses get bigger tax breaks, driving up prices for everyone. Why distort the housing market and subsidize people buying expensive houses?

Two: End the tax deduction companies get for providing health-care to employees. Neither employees nor employers pay taxes on workplace health insurance benefits. That encourages fancier insurance coverage, driving up usage and, therefore, health costs overall. Eliminating the deduction will drive up costs for people with workplace healthcare, but makes the health-care market fairer.

Three: Eliminate the corporate income tax. Completely. If companies reinvest the money into their businesses, that's good. Don't tax companies in an effort to tax rich people.

Four: Eliminate all income and payroll taxes. All of them. For everyone. Taxes discourage whatever you're taxing, but we like income, so why tax it? Payroll taxes discourage creating jobs. Not such a good idea. Instead, impose a consumption tax, designed to be progressive to protect lower-income households.

Five: Tax carbon emissions. Yes, that means higher gasoline prices. It's a kind of consumption tax, and can be structured to make sure it doesn't disproportionately harm lower-income Americans. More, it's taxing something that's bad, which gives people an incentive to stop polluting.

Six: Legalize marijuana. Stop spending so much trying to put pot users and dealers in jail — it costs a lot of money to catch them, prosecute them, and then put them up in jail. Criminalizing drugs also drives drug prices up, making gang leaders rich.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:29 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/07/ ... cians-hate

One: Eliminate the mortgage tax deduction, which lets homeowners deduct the interest they pay on their mortgages. Gone. After all, big houses get bigger tax breaks, driving up prices for everyone. Why distort the housing market and subsidize people buying expensive houses?

Two: End the tax deduction companies get for providing health-care to employees. Neither employees nor employers pay taxes on workplace health insurance benefits. That encourages fancier insurance coverage, driving up usage and, therefore, health costs overall. Eliminating the deduction will drive up costs for people with workplace healthcare, but makes the health-care market fairer.

Three: Eliminate the corporate income tax. Completely. If companies reinvest the money into their businesses, that's good. Don't tax companies in an effort to tax rich people.

Four: Eliminate all income and payroll taxes. All of them. For everyone. Taxes discourage whatever you're taxing, but we like income, so why tax it? Payroll taxes discourage creating jobs. Not such a good idea. Instead, impose a consumption tax, designed to be progressive to protect lower-income households.

Five: Tax carbon emissions. Yes, that means higher gasoline prices. It's a kind of consumption tax, and can be structured to make sure it doesn't disproportionately harm lower-income Americans. More, it's taxing something that's bad, which gives people an incentive to stop polluting.

Six: Legalize marijuana. Stop spending so much trying to put pot users and dealers in jail — it costs a lot of money to catch them, prosecute them, and then put them up in jail. Criminalizing drugs also drives drug prices up, making gang leaders rich.
Chad-Ho for 2016!
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:14 am

* We have to pay for things. I thought this country was heading in a direction where everything was going to be given to me. Why the fuck do I still use an antiquated system called "Currency?" Obama help a brother out.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:18 am

Amp Divorax wrote:Chad-Ho for 2016!
We're getting married and he's taking my name in 4 years?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:24 am

Erotic fanfic go.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:00 am

Merk wrote:* We have to pay for things. I thought this country was heading in a direction where everything was going to be given to me. Why the fuck do I still use an antiquated system called "Currency?" Obama help a brother out.
Welfare for all. It's only, well, fair.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:04 pm

Ho wrote: We're getting married and he's taking my name in 4 years?
He needs to concatenate that shit - Howagner

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:01 pm

I notice the more support for Republicans the more spelling and grammar mistakes I see. All my redneck high school acquaintances on Facebook are raging so hard and are just so dumb . It is kind of sad that so many people just eat up whatever Fox News spits out and have the very baseline opinion about everything.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:15 pm

It all boils down to racism.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Riot wrote:I notice the more support for Republicans the more spelling and grammar mistakes I see. All my redneck high school acquaintances on Facebook are raging so hard and are just so dumb . It is kind of sad that so many people just eat up whatever Fox News spits out and have the very baseline opinion about everything.
this, all kinds of this.

also, OBBERMAAAA AND WEEEEDDD
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:02 pm

ugh so dumb

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:55 am

Nice burn.