So where do all the cool kids hang out?

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

akio91
Light
Light

So where do all the cool kids hang out?

Post by akio91 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:42 pm

I'm thinking about making a few trips to Indy before it starts snowing, and I want to know the best (or cheapest) place to play DDR/ITG/PIU, etc. For reference, I like in Peru (which is about an hour north of Indy).

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Re: So where do all the cool kids hang out?

Post by DAVE101 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:25 pm

I like Peru too!

Stardust Bowl in Noblesville is the best and closest ITG in the area.

akio91
Light
Light

Post by akio91 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:45 pm

Cool. What about Pump?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:23 am

As far as I know, your only options for Pump at this point that don't involve knowing somebody are Dave and Busters in Castleton (Pro 2 in FX cabinet - stage is very close to the cabinet and it's one of the quietest things in there but otherwise works OK) or schelping yourself all the way down to GreatTimes in Beach Grove (PIU NX in an SD - about the condition you'd expect for a machine that's well over a decade old). Great-X-Scape in Bloomington has NX, but that's rather far away if you're coming from the North.

I don't know what happened to the old X-Site machine. Unless it broke, I can't imagine Schaffer would throw it out, so it's probably still floating around somewhere. I've just not heard where that might be.

IIRC, there was at some point one in Kokomo somewhere. I think it was Perfect Collection, and I don't have a clue where it was.

For "real" DDR, I think Ben and Ari's still has MAX2 in Fishers (on 37). Tilt at the mall downtown still has Supernova 2 and DDR X (US).
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:58 am

You may want to consider making a trip up to Ft. Wayne instead since you're roughly the same distance away. If you want to play dancing games then there's a DDR Supernova, Stepmania, DDR 5th (I think), and ITG cabinet all within a mile of each other. The arcade I recommend going to is Putt-Putt since they have the Stepmania and ITG cabinet there for real cheap - the cabinets are even off in their own little room. As far as I know there's no Pump in Ft. Wayne but if you're really feening Pump then by all means go to Dave and Buster's in Indy.

akio91
Light
Light

Post by akio91 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:19 pm

You're right. That DOES sound much better. I've never experienced a Stepmania cabinet before though.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:33 am

MonMotha wrote:For "real" DDR, I think Ben and Ari's still has MAX2 in Fishers (on 37).
I was there a couple weeks ago. It's gone. B&A seemingly swapped out almost its entire game room. It's practically unrecognizable in there as far as game selection goes.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:51 am

Oregon.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.