Happy Birthday LANman247

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Happy Birthday LANman247

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:39 pm

Merk wrote:I was 16 and from Homestead High School lololololololol

But really I asked Mark who worked at Putt-Putt (BionixLeg on this forum) how to input the unlock codes for DDR Max2. We printed off the unlock steps from DDRfreak.com but for some reason the code wasn't working so I figured I could ask Mark for help because he was involved the DDR community and he seemed like the type of guy who would like to help people out. Little did anyone know that I was asking him so my friends and I could unlock the Max2 machine at Tokens 'n' Tickets, an arcade about a block away. The owner of Putt-Putt caught wind of this, drove over to Tokens 'n' Tickets, walked over to my friends and I and told us that we were not welcome there anymore and then stormed off. My friends and I were dumbfounded because we honestly didn't know who the guy was at the time but we got the unlock code working in any regard so we shrugged it off. TnT's machine was so much nicer and we didn't have to deal with the rowdy high school crowd jeering at DDR players there so the only real loss was that I couldn't chill with the Ft. Wayne crowd at the time.

Like 3 years later I went back and apologized to the owner and he said that it was all good. Mark called me a hypocrite or some shit after I got unbanned and he stopped working there shortly thereafter. Not sure if he quitu or whatever but Putt-Putt became the defacto go-to arcade since they had IIDX and the only ITG machine back when that was in style. Now it's a great place to go because the Stepmania/ITG cabinets are quartered off in their own little room and it's fairly cheap to play there.
Teddy broke a glass window and wasn't even banned as long as you were...luls.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Teddy IMed literally the day he broke that window to tell me that he was banned. I guess he wanted a banned mate!

I remember this because it was the only time he ever talked to me and I thought he was kind of creepy on old school indyDDR

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:00 pm

what was his username?
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:17 pm

Potter wrote:what was his username?
blaze519

High school Teddy could be offputting if you didn't know him well, I guess. I'm not one to put shit on blast so I won't. I didn't keep in touch with him much after moving to Oregon other than talking college sports on Facebook but he seemed to click well with a lot of people at college so good deal. Plus Dwenger was full of asshole kids anyways. We were all awkward in adolescence, whether it was immediately obvious or not.

He wasn't like that guy who groped Erica or anything. Normal dude.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Hmm, Teddy.

Last I heard of him was that he was going to Purdue. Come to think of it, he's probably graduated from there by now.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:44 pm

sup guys teddy here

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:44 pm

How come I don't have a high school gang to answer too on forums like these?
Oh well.
Also, Merk, no it doesn't feel better that the machine is still in Indiana- it's not in public where I can play it afaik.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:50 pm

Teddy did graduate and he has a job here in Indy. I had lunch with him several weeks ago.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Riot wrote:Image

sup guys teddy here

is it bad that after hearing blaze I kinda remembered him but then after seeing this now have a perfect mental image of him in my head and remember talking to him at ddrathon 4? I remember him being a little...off putting, and this is coming from 12 year old potter. I'm sure I was much worse though!
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:08 pm

target acquired

also found

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:13 pm

or wait was this him?

also

what a great album

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:11 am

rofl no that's Mark (Bionixleg), who was very stinky and easily upset. That's who banned Merk and who was always talking crap about me. I remember him getting mad about people asking to investigate pad misses at a tournament in Fort Wayne and punching the wall.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:45 am

LOL

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:54 am

Watching the bionic leg (playing with one leg) always made me feel uncomfortable. I got the impression it was supposed to be a 'super power' of sorts, but I don't recall him having any ability to play with one leg that the average player didn't have. I also remember the Matsuri Japan Standard Little freestyle. He sort of collapsed on the pad and stayed there for the chunk of the song with no arrows. It was more of a bad joke than a freestyle.

If you've seen The Office, it was like watching Michael Scott during Phyllis's wedding. It just made me feel embarrassed.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:22 am

Ho wrote:Teddy did graduate and he has a job here in Indy. I had lunch with him several weeks ago.
Oh, that's nice to know. How's he doing? What's he doing?