Re: Yay

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:39 pm

It is indeed.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Ho wrote:You know what looks intimidating *and* really is that bad? This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih-WpTZcFIQ
That man doesn't believe in pinky scratches.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Ho wrote:It is indeed.
6th Style was great. I really wish Drill Mode were still around.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:43 am

Yeah those videos were pretty neat but with Youtube and all they're a bit obsolete and I'd rather have more songs. Konami produces the Top Ranker tournaments in a similar style which I'm sure you all know about and I am preaching to the choir wooOOOoooOOooooOOooo

From what I remember about Drill Mode it helped teach rudimentary stuff and was really useful for absolute beginners but became really gimmicky in the later levels (play V [7] on low speed lololol). Beginner mode is probably better in the long run.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Mon May 14, 2012 9:54 pm

How do I pass the level 10 difficulty wall? I don't really see much improvement. Should I mess with other play-styles?

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:13 am

try no bar for a while

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue May 15, 2012 11:04 am

Pokebis wrote:How do I pass the level 10 difficulty wall? I don't really see much improvement. Should I mess with other play-styles?
I wouldn't recommend fucking with the way you play and just do with whatever is comfortable, your hands will adjust gradually over time and making any drastic change will just frustrate you. Besides, this game is more or less hand-to-eye coordination muscle memory so unless you put a lot of brain power into forcing yourself into playing a certain way then you'll just end up going back to playing the way you've always played as soon as you stop thinking and go into auto-pilot.

10s are where things start to get tough, if you want to be old school then flashing 7*s (the hardest difficulty before Red came out) are basically where the 10* difficulty starts. I'd start with working on Hyper 10s since those generally tend to be easier than 10s on Another from my experience. If you can't pass any at all then there is no shame in going back and practicing 9s and trying to AA or AAA them, I going to guess you have yet to clear every 9 out there so I'd work on those first.

Or you can just play V [H] a lot, that's a pretty good song to practice on since it's got easy to read standard 10 stuff like scales, streams that you can do with just your index finger on both hands, and steady chord streams. Once you get the hang of it try playing it on random!!!!

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Tue May 15, 2012 3:00 pm

I actually meant past 10s. I can pass most 10s except for really hard ones. 11s and 12s are just too much for me.
And there are still some 10s that I do really bad on like 3y3s. I can do really well until it starts clapping then I just can't seem to read/hit it very well.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue May 15, 2012 3:16 pm

3y3s is a dumb chart that I can't hard clear but I can AA it so I wouldn't worry about it! Oftentimes charts will have dumb endings just to fuck and frustrate you (Solid State Squad [a], Blocks [a], Kagonatori [a], pretty much every 12) and it's all part of the game. At this point your improvement will come very minutely.

As for clearing 11s all I can say is try to AA 10s and work on hard clearing stuff. Hard clearing will help you improve your miss count which is really the most critical thing you need to do on 11s/12s.

Once you start clearing 12s with any sort of regularity then you're better than me! Congrats!

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Tue May 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Pokebis wrote:I actually meant past 10s. I can pass most 10s except for really hard ones. 11s and 12s are just too much for me.
And there are still some 10s that I do really bad on like 3y3s. I can do really well until it starts clapping then I just can't seem to read/hit it very well.
Close your eyes...

and FEEL the music

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue May 15, 2012 6:03 pm

If I were to play that song on a keyboard it would look like this:

agsrdfwrdsfsradsffafafsrwdwesgsgafafsrsfwrwddsdfsaagwafegarwegrwardawergedgwafedfwaedgedgagaaegfedgaedgfdgfdaegffgdaw gf wag edfag edgf`fgadegdw ge`fdfae dfw gfwaed`gfdg`fdgdf`d`gfd`fgd`gfd`gfd`fgd`g

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Wed May 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Merk.
I haven't messed with it yet, but you might want to check out LunarBeat. Some guy on Sows is making it because he got fed up with LR2 crashing or something.
Here's the thread.

Merk

Post by Merk » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Great video featuring Amp's worst enemy, Rico "Izco" Ricorico

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvwUbF0X ... ature=plcp

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Merk wrote:Great video featuring Amp's worst enemy, Rico "Izco" Ricorico

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvwUbF0X ... ature=plcp
Oh noes! He's summoning up the power of his douche-belly! RUN! GET TO DA CHOPPA! :lol:

Actually, he isn't my worst enemy. This guy is:

Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!