Xenoblade Chronicles [Wii]

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Xenoblade Chronicles [Wii]

Post by Riot » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:16 am

Let me know what you think. I bought it when I got Skyrim and haven't got a chance to really play it yet.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Speaking of Wii games I thought I'd never see in the US, The Last Story is getting a release as well! Wooooooo!

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/24/hiron ... r-for-you/

It's the Mistwalker game headed by Sakaguchi (same dudes who made Lost Odyssey). Schwing. Even though it's a end-of-lifecycle game for Wii it still looks like a launch PS2 game lol.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Yeah I've heard really good things about that game and I am excited to check it out.

Merk

Post by Merk » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:57 am

Ylu can only get Xenoblade Chronicles in NA/Canada by pre-ordering through store.nintendo.com or Gamestop. There is no other way to retrieve the game other than pre-ordering it through store.nintendo.com or Gamestop.

Just an FYI

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:26 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/the-last-story/

Good review!

MANG too many games. I'm getting SFxT, Mass Effect 3, I want to get a Vita for some of the new games (Rayman, Lumines, old good PSP RPGs I never played, PS1 classics that I haven't played in forever like Chrono Cross, etc.), and I wanna check out Kingdoms of Amalur, and then Xenoblade and Last Story when it's released. Plus I have to finish FFXIII-2, and I still have Nier on the shelf unplayed so far.

Summer break needs to come quick.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:32 am

Did you pre-order Xenoblade?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:09 am

NOPE NOT YET

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:36 am

Well I hope you do since it's the only way to get the game. Think of it as an early birthday gift!

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:08 pm

This is a reminder that you NEED to PRE-ORDER this game if you want to play it. You cannot just go into a store and buy this shit.

And let me tell you it is good shit.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:16 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug6B7c_Xut8

For the love of God don't read the very spoiler heavy comments.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Okay I pre-ordered this and bought Mass Effect 3 as well. I'll beat ME3 over Spring Break and then be ready for Xenoblade for the last weekend of break and likely a big portion of the rest of the schoolyear.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:50 pm

THANK YOU!

Please give me your opinion when you finish the game. Please do not read spoilers or ask me what to do.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Dude called me about a midnight release. I don't really understand midnight releases. I mean sure I'm on spring break, but still, why stay up, go get the game with some other awkward people after midnight when I'm already really tired, and then (I'm guessing what people do) try to play late at night for awhile and ultimately falling asleep in front of the TV with the game running. Why not just wake up early, go get it, and spend the next day awake and nerding out while everyone else sleeps in and gets less playtime in?

Anyways, question. You guys heard of the Dolphin emulator? I don't know anything about it, but I'd rather play it with 1080p via my computer on my TV or something instead of terrible SD Wii settings. I don't know what I need... would I need to buy something to make the Wiimote work on PC? I don't know if I want to buy stuff for one game since I never use the Wii for anything else and haven't touched it since 2008. If I don't need to buy stuff I would be interested in trying to make it work though.

edit: http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Wireless-Blu ... 192&sr=1-4 If it's just this then I guess I can afford 1 cent.... but I don't know. http://www.amazon.com/IOGear-Bluetooth- ... B0018O9JIG There's this one too, but if a 1 cent one works I'd try that first I guess.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:39 am

Midnight releases are pretty baller when you're in college or when you live off somebody's wallet because that means you can be the first poopsocker to win the race but once you get responsibilities in life they quickly lose their appeal. I don't think I've ever been to a midnight release of a game but I've been to couple of movie midnight releases.

From all accounts I've read Dolphin is an absolute bitch to set up and even if you get it working people have been having framerate issues. The Wii uses a proprietary DVD that requires some firmware update to run on most DVD-drives. You might be lucky and not have to futz with your drive at all but if you do then you might as well have just pirated the UK release since you'll need to get an .iso from somewhere since you'll probably have to shell out money for a new drive.

Bottom line, YMMV. Most people have not had good luck with Xenoblade on the Dolphin but there's always that one dude on the internet who says he got it working perfectly. I'm not a big stickler for graphics so I would just suck it up and play the game on shitty definition since it's a legit good game. I played it on a CRT with composite cables which is about the worst you can possibly do and I enjoyed myself.

The game does look really, really good in 1080p though and fuck the Wii for not supporting it.

aaaaaaaand you've probably seen this: http://wiki.dolphin-emulator.com/index. ... =Xenoblade

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:45 am

BY THE WAY ------

Riot, don't sperg out and do all the sidequests when they become available. The game's pacing grinds to a halt if you try to do all the quests at once and you'll probably hate your life. The game has fast travel so you can instantly go back to anywhere you need to go so you can complete that quest that you missed five hours ago. Very, very, very few quests become locked out as the story progresses. If you see a little clock icon next to a quest's name in your quest journal then that means that that quest will become locked out at some point so you best do it.

Keep in mind this game is balanced around doing next to 0 sidequests so you can skip them completely and still have a chance at the bad guys.

STAR SEARING FLAMES OF ABSOLUTION