Moved here from Cincy

Don't be a stranger (or a lurker)...introduce yourself here!

Moderator: Moderators

dubukat
Standard
Standard

Re: Moved here from Cincy

Post by dubukat » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Now if only Pro 2 had more than 4 songs I like. :(

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:05 pm

Man you guys have all the fun. I demand a trip report by tomorrow morning. I want to read it as I sip my morning coffee.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:21 pm

There's some decent stuff in there. I'm more put off by the blah ITG styling and confusing (to me) interface. Even with the cabinet buttons, I generally find it more difficult to use. I often accidentally choose the wrong options.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:40 pm

It's all preference I guess. I think the Pro 2 song list isn't bad at all. I think my perfect dance game would have mostly IIDX songs.

If K-pop is your thing, and I suspect it is, then you might be disappointed. Fiesta EX is might be more up your alley.

The interface may be a little weird, but it's leagues better than mainline PIU in terms of selecting songs, mods, ect.

</opinions>

dubukat
Standard
Standard

Post by dubukat » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:44 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:It's all preference I guess. I think the Pro 2 song list isn't bad at all. I think my perfect dance game would have mostly IIDX songs.

If K-pop is your thing, and I suspect it is, then you might be disappointed. Fiesta EX is might be more up your alley.

The interface may be a little weird, but it's leagues better than mainline PIU in terms of selecting songs, mods, ect.

</opinions>
yes, Fiesta ex has been my favorite yet. Songs I knew before playing them in the game, so I was like OMG :shock: *cry* why can't the D&B here have it too... We had it good at the Cincy one

ShawnS
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ShawnS » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:06 am

Ahhh, you guys! Last night was great! Even though I did a stupid thing on Monkey Fingers, couldn't stop coughing and left early.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:20 am

Good meeting all the new faces and hanging out with the old ones.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:21 am

I need a trip report.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:11 am

People in attendance.

Ho, Belinda, Monmotha, WhiteDragon, BigBadOrc, Blackcat, SailorFlora, Fluffyumpopdog, 2 randys, dubukat, ShawnS

Not much else to say. We played some games and met the new folks. Most average arcade trips aren't especially eventful.

Ho had a nice new coat. Belinda and I played some Pac-Man and she showed me how to splat people. Monmotha got a high score on Phantom nightmare, but failed at the very end so the score wasn't recorded. Blackcat continues to be good at both singles and nightmare. BigBadOrc was pretty quiet, and I can't think of anything other than having played a set with me. SailorFlora played a crane game and won a bunch of candy. Randy 1 lost her phone and found it at the lost and found. Randy 2 almost passed a 10. Dubukat and ShawnS told an abridged version of their life story starting from when they moved to Indy.

And me? Well I spent 50 points trying to win at a crane game. I've never won.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:18 am

Belinda and I had dinner at Naked Tchopstix with dubukat and ShawnS prior to D&B. dubukat and ShawnS seemed to like the food that they got (though the one item she had seen on their website advertised as being vegetarian turned out not to be), but mine and Belinda's food was disappointing. Belinda declared the 96th St. Tchopstix location to be inferior to their Broad Ripple one. I am inclined to agree.

Chad, who were the Randys? I either missed those people or I'm missing a joke.

dubukat
Standard
Standard

Post by dubukat » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:40 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:People in attendance.

Ho, Belinda, Monmotha, WhiteDragon, BigBadOrc, Blackcat, SailorFlora, Fluffyumpopdog, 2 randys, dubukat, ShawnS
Thanks for this...I almost immediately forgot everyone's names. :oops:

It was great. I vote for a different machine next meet up. That machine has a whopping 6 songs I like in it. :cry:
I need to investigate the great times that was mentioned... was it questionable if they still have a machine? Otherwise, Post Road Rec has Exceed NX (I think) for 50 cents a game. Although janky, I would prefer it over the one at D&B due to the music content.
PS other than our friend we're living with (& ShawnS is working with) we know no one locally. Feel free to invite us to do stuff if ya wanna.

ShawnS
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ShawnS » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:07 pm

These are the best recaps of a happening I've ever read! I would like to add that we all woke up, did a bunch of things and then went back to sleep.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:31 pm

dubukat wrote:PS other than our friend we're living with (& ShawnS is working with) we know no one locally. Feel free to invite us to do stuff if ya wanna.
You know people now! :)

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:51 pm

I don't know of any other public Pump machines in Indy that aren't in either bad shape or in a bad location. Are there really only 6 songs you like? Pro 2 has 204 songs. Even the 'meh' songs are at least tolerable. Short of buying a machine, this might be as good as it gets.

ShawnS
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ShawnS » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:21 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:I don't know of any other public Pump machines in Indy that aren't in either bad shape or in a bad location. Are there really only 6 songs you like? Pro 2 has 204 songs. Even the 'meh' songs are at least tolerable. Short of buying a machine, this might be as good as it gets.
After playing Pump for so many years it's really hard to even think about trying some other song I don't already know, especially with other machines around that have songs I haven't played in ages. Clearly, quality of machine isn't a big deal for us :lol: , I get more of a rush from jumping around to a song I haven't heard in forever. Eventually though, I'm gonna get tired of Big Money or Space Fantasy again and I'll probably try some other stuff. I really need to start making lunch runs over to D&B just for the sake of daily physical activity. :D