Re: ummmmm Marvel vs Capcom 3 anyone???

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:28 pm

Told u so ;D

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Meh I dunno he's so unsafe. I just wanted a fast teleport character. I get punished too easily with Vergil at the moment and keep running back to either Hawkeye or Doom. Wesker/x/Taskmaster is pretty solid right now, just need to fill the void. Been bouncing between Doom, Hawkeye, Dormammu... might try Zero/Wesker/Task or something. Zero's pretty op.

edit: Merk, this guys are sick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfgqDUyP ... r_embedded#! Team "The Already Buff Get Buffer"

screw it I'm learning Spencer

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:42 pm

So everyone is bitching about Wesker being too good being level 4. What the heck does level 4 Wesker mean?

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:07 pm

X-Factor Level 3 with his shades off.

Wesker without sunglasses gets a speed boost and maybe a slight damage boost.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:15 pm

Merk wrote:X-Factor Level 3 with his shades off.

Does that really make a huge difference?

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:39 pm

XF3 Wesker is good enough on his own but people like to bitch about the slightest imbalances.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:43 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Merk wrote:X-Factor Level 3 with his shades off.

Does that really make a huge difference?
Wellllll shades off is like 15% speed and damage (though I think that's if he gets beat up naturally, and shades off via his normal hyper is 10%), so that + the Xfactor percentage. The only reason he's so scary is because he has fantastic normal moves and very easy OTG to continue combos for a ton of damage. He has a great command grab that can start strong combos with his own OTG, and has great mixups with the teleports. Most people are just bitter because he's very easy to play, so you don't have to work that hard for good results.

Characters like X-factor Felicia and Dormammu are scarier IMO.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/dec/ ... /#comments

There will likely be balancing soon. Not good for me since I play Wesker, but good for me for playing against him I guess.... Currently running with Wesker/Spencer/Taskmaster.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:52 pm

More thoughts.... I think it's way too early for people to be whining and for them to be patching. Obviously Wesker is good, but everyone thinking he's god tier is overreacting. Remember vanilla Sentinel? "WAHHHHHH HE'S UNSTOPPABLE HE'S TOO GOOD HE'S SOOOO BROKEN!" Now? He's probably upper mid tier. He's basically used for his assist and otherwise gets blown up by tons of bad matchups from instant overheads and punishing his slow moves. At the beginning, everyone said "Wolverine sucks, his dive kick doesn't even hit overhead, he'll never be good." "Viper is way too hard to play she sucks." "Zero doesn't do any damage he sucks!" Now they're all top tier! Because it's a new game, a lot of people have stuck to what's familiar, and are maybe trying out a few new characters but need an easy solid familiar character to keep their team usable as they learn new stuff. Wesker is a go-to rock of a team member, and until people get more into the game over the next half a year, I have a hard time believing he's going to stay "god-tier" for long. Even still, he has bad matchups, and most people view other characters as stronger.

Basically, people are overreacting. Wesker is a super fundamentally strong character, which makes a big difference. His normal moves are awesome and have good reach and damage, his assist basically fits on any team, nearly any assist can work with him for either pressure or extending combos, his gun is pretty good for zoning, his speed and damage in x-factor are great, he fits perfectly as either a point or anchor, he has good health, etc. If anything, he shouldn't get his sunglasses mechanic nerfed, they should just lower his health a bit more to compensate all the other tools he has.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:01 pm

haha shut up faggot if there were characters that were more brain dead broken than wesker then everyone would be playing that character instead of wesker.

name one bad matchup where wesker is any more than a slight underdog

now name five

you can't

god tier

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:10 pm

He's not that good against:

Zero
Taskmaster
Trish
Strider
Amaterasu
Morrigan
Dormammu
Phoenix

Basically anybody with a good air keepaway game or multi-hitting normals like Zero.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:39 pm

Riot wrote: Zero
Taskmaster
Trish
Strider
Amaterasu
Morrigan
Dormammu
Phoenix
1) pushblock -> wesker counter
2) just teleport and you win
3) yup no anti-air game
4) literally a non-issue unless he has urobolus
5) 1 combo = dedz , air-dash got gimped to hell, jumpgun and teleport
6) probably one of the worst characters. will always lose in a 1v1 fight
7) literally does not have an air keepaway game so this doesn't even fit your criteria as a wesker counter
8 ) lol no

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:39 pm

If you think Morrigan is anywhere near worst character you are very wrong, in addition to the other responses. Her duplication hyper plus air and ground fireball repeated screws a ton of the cast and her air keep away is real annoying. Dorm can power his dark spells in the air and create his own left right tele mixup with dark matter. Ammy ducks under guns and has shield reflecting projectiles. I didn't list Dante but he's really hard to get in on Why are you loling at Phoenix she is still very much a threat when she has meter. Wesker has to get a lucky random poke to get her as her projectiles and normals are really good. Zero is safe ave his normals out prioritize everything...you don't simply get to just pushblock and punish. Firebrand is really good too with insane flight mixups and instant overheads.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:57 pm

ok ill bite

you can WHAT IF all day to make a case against wesker but that's retarded because wesker destroys everyone out of the box. he's like the 3S chun-li of umvc3, he doesn't need meter to effortlessly ABC j.ABC otg ABC mixup the cast for half their health. throw some meters and assists on top of that and he TODs most viable characters.

all those characters you listed cannot do that, especially meterless. i dont see how any of those characters make wesker a 7:3 dog.

how is morrigan going to mount an offense and build meter without her illusion hyper?

how is ammy going to mount an offense if she has to block and try not to get mixed up?

how is phoenix going to go dark when literally the entire changelog of this game is geared towards not making that happen? you've already lost if you don't use the billion tools you have now to stop DP.

what is dorm going to do when he cant chaotic flame everything anymore? how is he going to produce a ton of damage when he opens wesker up?

zero's saving grace is j.H which is insanely good. wesker literally only needs to open him up once though and its over while zero is always fighting an uphill battle.

and that's my point. any character could give wesker a hard time but they have to be lucky as well as not make many mistakes. just like 3S chun-li, any fucking character could beat her but it is so much harder when you're not chun. this is the problem, wesker is so good because he is simple and only needs to open up someone once to TOD them for little meter and he has a lot of ways to open someone up, no one else can do that as easily and efficiently. i can theoretically fucking master MODOK and show some super secret techniques that put him on the same level as mvc3 wolverine but no one is going to ever pick him because he is way too hard to play. this is why yun dropped below chun in 3S - he is technically better than chun but hes much much harder to play perfectly.

but this is ultimately a team game. if you want to talk assists i would fucking love to hear which of the characters you listed has a better/useful assist than gunshot.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:09 am

At school and on phone so not long...

Everyone basically has otg now for the most part so Wesker does not benefit a lot of teams as much as other lockdown assists. With meter being waaaay more important, Morrigan's assist is really good. Task's horizontal arrows are awesome since they hit hard only 3 times so scaling isn't high. Strider's Vajra is one of the best assists in the game. Trish's air trap is really good for ambiguous mixups like with Dante. Ammy's Cold Star is also one of the best assists in the game to pair with already top tier characters with tri-jump mixups like Magneto, Doom, and Viper.

Zero is a waaaay better TOD character than Wesker. Wesker has to burn xfactor or 3 plus bars to kill as most of his combos with otg into team super will do like 800k unless you have specific vertical supers in the thc which aren't as common. Wesker is great but I think there are 4 or 5 characters who are stronger.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:20 am

okay when 7 wesker teams aren't in the top 8 of a major then I will declare wesker as not god tier

and there was not a single zero. yup i guess zero is wayyyy too good because of his easy as hell TODs