Hi all!

Don't be a stranger (or a lurker)...introduce yourself here!

Moderator: Moderators

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Re: Hi all!

Post by DAVE101 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:42 pm

chocobojoe wrote:I think Brian should just delete every part of the forum except Conversation Cornucopia.
I think you should work on composing another song to be stepped as a 14 footer for ITG Rebirth 2.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:34 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Potter wrote:I love how 99% of new members make one post saying they're going to be active, then never return
I like how this community is dumb and no one plays.
heres my wackball theory, I haven't slept in a really really firey hot minute. We all joined and met here as a loose core group when we were all actively playing, continued posting as we were active and meeting up regularly. eventually the people here built a community and culture of their own, our own unique sense of humor, lifetime friendships, marriages, roommates, all that good stuff. When those people stopped playing of course they're going to stay here and post, dancing games have become an afterthought to just posting on a board with extremely similar and awesome people, with a culture you know you're a part of. And yeah alot of people here still meetup to play every once in a while, which is awesome. Common logic dictates this cycle would be renewing itself all the time, new people coming in forming a new active group, becoming main posters, stopping playing, more new members, etc. But for some reason it hasn't worked that way. Besides a handful of people, if you look around it really is the same buncho guys from 5 years ago. I'd attribute it to the fact its such a local site that only really appeals to people in this state, and the people in this state that were interested in ddr or ever will be have already found it (us). That, and ddr in general is just dying in popularity.

What I'm trying to say is - don't look at it as a bum place were nobody plays anymore and just posts odd shit in CC, look at it as a place where ddr has brought us together and since then we've transcended into a group of friends that don't need to talk about ddr anymore to keep the community together

We should embrace the beautiful place Ho has created, I don't think many men out there can claim to be responsible for a few marriages, friendships that will last forever, extremely successful fundraisers, etc. I know he doesn't post that much here anymore but I think the things hes done that will effect peoples entire lives have gone pretty underappreciated. I for one know that everything I'm doing in my life right now, film, media, etc is because of this site and people I've met on it. I mean yeah his website brings people together to play ddr, wow cool, but honestly his creation has changed peoples entire god given lives, in a very positive way. You may forget this site in 20 years, but you won't forget the person you're married to or living with, and the way your life has changed and been shaped because of it.

ps i lub u guyz
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:14 am

DAVE101 wrote:
chocobojoe wrote:I think Brian should just delete every part of the forum except Conversation Cornucopia.
I think you should work on composing another song to be stepped as a 14 footer for ITG Rebirth 2.
I will get on it. Good thing I have so many alter egos to complete different parts of the song so it's not as much work for me.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:57 am

Potter wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Potter wrote:I love how 99% of new members make one post saying they're going to be active, then never return
I like how this community is dumb and no one plays.
heres my wackball theory, I haven't slept in a really really firey hot minute. We all joined and met here as a loose core group when we were all actively playing, continued posting as we were active and meeting up regularly. eventually the people here built a community and culture of their own, our own unique sense of humor, lifetime friendships, marriages, roommates, all that good stuff. When those people stopped playing of course they're going to stay here and post, dancing games have become an afterthought to just posting on a board with extremely similar and awesome people, with a culture you know you're a part of. And yeah alot of people here still meetup to play every once in a while, which is awesome. Common logic dictates this cycle would be renewing itself all the time, new people coming in forming a new active group, becoming main posters, stopping playing, more new members, etc. But for some reason it hasn't worked that way. Besides a handful of people, if you look around it really is the same buncho guys from 5 years ago. I'd attribute it to the fact its such a local site that only really appeals to people in this state, and the people in this state that were interested in ddr or ever will be have already found it (us). That, and ddr in general is just dying in popularity.

What I'm trying to say is - don't look at it as a bum place were nobody plays anymore and just posts odd shit in CC, look at it as a place where ddr has brought us together and since then we've transcended into a group of friends that don't need to talk about ddr anymore to keep the community together

We should embrace the beautiful place Ho has created, I don't think many men out there can claim to be responsible for a few marriages, friendships that will last forever, extremely successful fundraisers, etc. I know he doesn't post that much here anymore but I think the things hes done that will effect peoples entire lives have gone pretty underappreciated. I for one know that everything I'm doing in my life right now, film, media, etc is because of this site and people I've met on it. I mean yeah his website brings people together to play ddr, wow cool, but honestly his creation has changed peoples entire god given lives, in a very positive way. You may forget this site in 20 years, but you won't forget the person you're married to or living with, and the way your life has changed and been shaped because of it.

ps i lub u guyz
tl;dr

(obvious joke) :-(

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:38 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Potter wrote:

ps i lub u guyz
tl;dr

(obvious joke) :-(
D'AWWWWWW!
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

thedeepstriker
Beginner
Beginner

Post by thedeepstriker » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:08 pm

inb4 you're extremely disappointed with the current scene
I live in Columbus....what scene?