Noblesville just got some more ITG!

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Fattoxthegreat
Light
Light

Noblesville just got some more ITG!

Post by Fattoxthegreat » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:41 am

I'm not sure if any of you are aware of the Stardust bowling alley in Noblesville. It used to have a happy, faithful DDR Extreme machine, but recently, the arcade has unfortunately been bought out by Shaffer. However, the good news is they then rolled in a pretty good-lookin' ITG machine. I know not from where it came, but it has some of CBAV's records on it and is an r14, which I will update to r21 shortly.

As a side note, since I am friends with people who work there, I can have access to the machine's innards and am planning to just hack the ever-living Christ out of it. But I am curious if, since it's Shaffer's, there might be some legal repercussion of doing so. I mean, they prolly wouldn't give a shit if it's not blatantly obvious (purple theme all the way!).

And lastly, if I ever get the chance to hack it, I haven't done so before and would appreciate any help from anyone who would want to play on its glorious hackedness.
"When you're always pessimistic, you're always being pleasantly surprised."
-A wise and unknown man

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Noblesville just got some more ITG!

Post by Ho » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:49 am

Is KeboardMania still there?

(P.S. Pinheads is in Fishers, so this would be the first ITG in Noblesville--not more.;))

Fattoxthegreat
Light
Light

Post by Fattoxthegreat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:00 pm

Ha, yeah, I know. And I used to be that guy who would tell others of the Pinheads-Fishers realization but have long since given up.

And yes, the Keyboardmania machine is still there and still in fairly great shape (Aside from a semi-jank left controller wheel and the right keyboard being floppy due to having a screw lose).

I'm glad you didn't shun me for my hack based aspirations, Ho. I didn't know whether or not that area of discussion was allowed here.
-A wise and unknown man

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:25 pm

Brian Ho = the man.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:03 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Brian Ho = the man.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8HMSf4O2FM

raowenblackbird
Beginner
Beginner

Post by raowenblackbird » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:10 pm

Fattoxthegreat wrote:I'm not sure if any of you are aware of the Stardust bowling alley in Noblesville. It used to have a happy, faithful DDR Extreme machine, but recently, the arcade has unfortunately been bought out by Shaffer. However, the good news is they then rolled in a pretty good-lookin' ITG machine. I know not from where it came, but it has some of CBAV's records on it and is an r14, which I will update to r21 shortly.

As a side note, since I am friends with people who work there, I can have access to the machine's innards and am planning to just hack the ever-living Christ out of it. But I am curious if, since it's Shaffer's, there might be some legal repercussion of doing so. I mean, they prolly wouldn't give a shit if it's not blatantly obvious (purple theme all the way!).

And lastly, if I ever get the chance to hack it, I haven't done so before and would appreciate any help from anyone who would want to play on its glorious hackedness.
Jigga whaaaat? I've been going to Stardust since I was a kid and always wished they would get a machine. I always preferred DDR to ITG buuuuut... 'know, it's still a machine (plus, Hillbilly Hardcore *throws up rock hands*) I'm glad that I can have something to do now while I'm on break from school *snorts* WHO'S UP FOR A GAME?

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:01 pm

raowenblackbird wrote: Jigga whaaaat?
...No.

Fattoxthegreat
Light
Light

Post by Fattoxthegreat » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:28 am

raowenblackbird wrote:
Fattoxthegreat wrote:I'm not sure if any of you are aware of the Stardust bowling alley in Noblesville. It used to have a happy, faithful DDR Extreme machine, but recently, the arcade has unfortunately been bought out by Shaffer. However, the good news is they then rolled in a pretty good-lookin' ITG machine. I know not from where it came, but it has some of CBAV's records on it and is an r14, which I will update to r21 shortly.

Jigga whaaaat? I've been going to Stardust since I was a kid and always wished they would get a machine. I always preferred DDR to ITG buuuuut... 'know, it's still a machine (plus, Hillbilly Hardcore *throws up rock hands*) I'm glad that I can have something to do now while I'm on break from school *snorts* WHO'S UP FOR A GAME?
Yeah...Stardust has actually had that DDR machine I mentioned for somewhere close to two and a half years. I can't imagine you never knew. It was really sad when they rolled it away though; I had only completed 27 of the 30 oni courses.
But, with this new ITG, all will be better for I have already updated it to r21. :wink:
-A wise and unknown man

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Yes this machine is beautiful, but still no added songs or custom themes? Has the management stopped people from hacking the machine? I would definitely like to add some things.

Glarthob
Standard
Standard

Post by Glarthob » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:51 pm

if anyone cares.

this machine has finally been hacked. Thanks to DAVE101, and my connections with the employees of stardust.

We performed the hack today, and hacked in only ITG3 and Rebirth.

However, we are going to go back tommorow and hack more songs in.

And on another note, we just cleaned out the pads, so they are working a lot better. And the right side is more sensitive because we put little foam pads on the other foam pads connected to the sensors.. (ultimately raising the pads) and I intend on doing this to the left side tomorow as well.
Fluffyumpkins wrote:I love r23 so much. Playing custom songs has made DDR new and exciting.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:16 pm

EDIT: OpenITG is up and running fools!
Here is a running list of the songs/packs on the machine for reference. Also, requests can go here.

Theme changer is- EDIT: Don't change the theme, it will crash
(After you put in coins but before pushing start.)

Themes
Gensokyo
Blue Rome
H4X Edition
ITG Ice
Pink Recolor
Orange Recolor
Rainbow
ITG3

Songs
Chaos In Progress (Best of VO1D)
Cloud Originals (Best of Cloud)
Cosmic Collection (Best of Cosmic Pope)
DDR (10 footers)
Dimo's selifmis
DRAGONFORCE
Ethereal Rising
Flash Exclusives ^_^
Gensokyo Midnight
Groovestats (miscellaneous sims)
ITG
ITG 2
ITG 3 (no vidz)
ITG rebirth
jAAAmes Originals
Loaded Futurepack
Long Versions Strike Back (LVSB)
MacGravel Sims
Mandodo's Simfiles (Best of Mandodo)
MGD 1, 2, and 3 (Hard Songs)
Monst3r Joe's Energy (best of Joe)
Mudkyp (best of PYK)
Mute Sims (Best of Mute)
Project Destruction
R2112
R21 Bringing it Back
Revolver's Pack
Rhapsody of Fire
Rynker's Hard Techno (best of Rynker)
Sixteenth Stream Stamina Circlejerk (SSSC)
Sixteenth Stream Stamina Circlejerk 2 (SSSC2)
SPEEEDCOOOORE
SPEEEDCOOOORE 2
SPEEEDCOOOORE 3
Subluminal
Tachyon Alpha
Tachyon Beta
Tachyon Gamma
White Dr Mario
Zimlord (best of Zim)
]Xynn[ United (Best of Xynn)
Last edited by DAVE101 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 32 times in total.

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:54 pm

Yesssss I'll definitely have to check this out
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri May 01, 2009 5:56 am

What are the hours for this location on Sundays? I may consider going there next weekend after drill if they let us out at a decent hour.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Fri May 01, 2009 12:24 pm

According to their website, they close at 10PM.

primerib
Standard
Standard

Post by primerib » Tue May 05, 2009 7:00 pm

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR HACKING. Oh, and Dave. This is Brennen that was with those two other kids that played on Saturday if you remember.