Site wackiness

Post your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. about IndyDDR.com here. Also use this forum to report issues or get help with the site.

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Site wackiness

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:09 pm

The site has been rather slow the last couple of days and sometimes it will just load a blank screen.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:40 pm

this happens to me in spurts, but not recently...
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:43 pm

I agree, it was pretty bad yesterday. It seems to be better today. The host seems to have some issues occasionally, but they usually fix themselves. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:43 pm

indyLAG.com

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:37 am

I think the host datacenter is actually in Atlanta. :P

(No, not Atlanta, IN.)

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:54 am

I feel scammed :(

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:24 pm

Only just now? I guess we're not trying hard enough!

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:33 pm

Um, I\'m still having issues with the site. Right now I\'m having to use a proxy to connect as it keeps timing out on my regular connection.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:42 pm

My advice: call your ISP. I think the problem is either on your end or somewhere between you and the host but not with anything being done (or not being done) here directly. You're the only one reporting this type of problem right now, and I'm certainly not doing anything that would be causing such an issue.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:25 pm

lol hes not the only one, this site has always been extremely laggy/sporadic for me. my routine now is to open a tab for indyddr and while I wait for it to load check 2 or 3 other forums.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:13 pm

every now and then I get lag. I have no idea what causes it, but if I load another page and then come back here the lag is gone.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:00 am

I checked the tracert and it kept getting stuck cause my ISP wasn't routing correctly for some reason. It was resolved thankfully. Sorry about making a post about essentially nothing to do with the site.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:43 am

Potter wrote:lol hes not the only one, this site has always been extremely laggy/sporadic for me. my routine now is to open a tab for indyddr and while I wait for it to load check 2 or 3 other forums.
Notice that I said no on is reporting this type of problem right now. You always complain about site performance, Potter, and you said yourself that you eventually found it to be a problem on your end.

I agree that the site does indeed flake out sometimes, but I can only vaguely remember one instance when it hasn't corrected itself without any intervention. Be patient, as most problems fix themselves. I'm not going to go chasing after minor, temporary glitches and inconveniences. IndyDDR isn't exactly mission critical.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:15 am

Mission? What Mission? Ho, are you actually working for aliens that are planning on invading the earth with Mars War 3 (LOL, Slake) playing on their stereo system and using IndyDDR as a online base of operation? (Just Kidding)
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Ho wrote:
Potter wrote:lol hes not the only one, this site has always been extremely laggy/sporadic for me. my routine now is to open a tab for indyddr and while I wait for it to load check 2 or 3 other forums.
Notice that I said no on is reporting this type of problem right now. You always complain about site performance, Potter, and you said yourself that you eventually found it to be a problem on your end.

I agree that the site does indeed flake out sometimes, but I can only vaguely remember one instance when it hasn't corrected itself without any intervention. Be patient, as most problems fix themselves. I'm not going to go chasing after minor, temporary glitches and inconveniences. IndyDDR isn't exactly mission critical.

that problem was an ip blocker blocking one of the routers ip in the path to this site. after I unblocked that things were better for a while, but now it's even worse. I know when I used to log on here at nicknames house it was the same way
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy