WPF 2007

Moderator: Moderators

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

WPF 2007

Post by FLAKK » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:21 am

Congrats to all of the winners of WPF 2007, especially to JBoy for taking down 3rd place.

Speed Male:

1- Xuma (Chile)
2- Kike (Ecuador)
3- JBoy (USA)

Speed Female:

1- Amy (Taiwan)
2- Nayeli (Mexico)
3- Celia (Chile)

Freestyle:

1st - Kim Ki Suk & Kim Dae Chun
2nd - Lee Cein & Seo Kyoung Suk
3rd - Dupla Ecuador

More details here: http://www.ph-online.net/cgi-bin/ib3/ik ... =18;t=8069
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:00 pm

Freestyle Videos can be found here:

http://youtube.com/profile?user=alexdito
http://youtube.com/profile?user=Lexyxen

In my opinion, Korea's routines were outstanding. I'm glad they placed as well as they did. Keep in mind, there have been complaints by nearly all of the freestylers regarding the machine being off-sync, as well as an interference from the loudspeakers meant for the crowd to hear.

¿Estan Listos?

YeehawMcKickass
Standard
Standard

Post by YeehawMcKickass » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:45 pm

Had the same problem last year.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:46 pm

There was also a major problem with Mexico. Every time JBoy went up to play, they tried to throw him off by yelling at him. They did the same to Smidget and caused him to choke on his freestyle.

Also, if you can pass Free - CZ, you are now a better player than Gorras. :lol: He broke combo like 15-20 times.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:04 pm

So, what was the drama this year about half the countries not being able to attend or something like that?

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:57 pm

Some of the players from S. America were unable to attend because of some issues with their visas. There is a rumor going around that the Mexican supporters had something to do with this. People are saying they purposely misplaced the visas, trying to stack the tournament even further in their favor. It obviously did not work. Most of the top tier players were knocked out first round because Free - CZ is a hard song :lol: .

Bloody Riot
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Bloody Riot » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:12 am

Free? They can't deal with Free... oh lord.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:56 pm

FLAKK wrote:There is a rumor going around that the Mexican supporters had something to do with this. People are saying they purposely misplaced the visas, trying to stack the tournament even further in their favor
That accusation is pretty ridiculous - how would anyone, including Andamiro, be able to 'misplace' a visa? It's the government of each participating country's relationship with Mexico that determines how and when each participant recieved their visa.

I believe there may have been shananigans within the tournament itself, but as far as limiting the participants in the way you describe, it's really unlikely.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:17 pm

ShammerS wrote: but as far as limiting the participants in the way you describe, it's really unlikely.
You know how corrupt Mexico is? Seriously slip someone some money you can do a lot with just a bit of money. Actually someone could have easily bribed customs and all...I am not saying they did but they easily could have.

at any point, I just got like 10 misses on Free! :lol:

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:27 pm

ShammerS wrote:
FLAKK wrote:There is a rumor going around that the Mexican supporters had something to do with this. People are saying they purposely misplaced the visas, trying to stack the tournament even further in their favor
That accusation is pretty ridiculous - how would anyone, including Andamiro, be able to 'misplace' a visa? It's the government of each participating country's relationship with Mexico that determines how and when each participant recieved their visa.

I believe there may have been shananigans within the tournament itself, but as far as limiting the participants in the way you describe, it's really unlikely.
PD.Ice Rush from Brazil wrote: Probably there are people thinking that's our fault, and there are even rumors saying that we missed the flight. But actually, what happened was a very harder problem - the visas.

As everybody must have noticed, not only Brazil, but other countries couldn't go to the WPF, like Equador, Peru, Bolivia, and all the other countries that haven't free acess to Mexico. Yes, only Italy, Spain, Argentina, Chile, USA and Korea managed to send their representants with no problems. Not to mention Mexico. The other countries depended on the permissions that AM should have required to the Mexican INM (Instituto Nacional de Migracion). This request was made only at 12/5, and it didn't reach most of the countries (excepting Colombia, who got it at the last hour, and Taiwan, where the ambassator himself, according to some rumors, got the visa for Amy), which couldn't send representants.

So, how can people say that's our fault? How can people say that competitors from eight countries missed the plane, or ridiculous things like that? That's throwing away all our effort, because we are sure that just as we didn't give up here, the other countries tried until the end aswell.

So, to make it clear: The problem was the long time AM took to ask the "permisos". Not everyone had conditions to require a tourist visa (as two of our female representants did), or double nationality (like RKW). Plus, it was RESPONSIBILITY OF ANDAMIRO AND OF THE WPF'S ORGANIZATION to require this permission for us, since we were INVITED to compete at Mexico.

So, because of all that lack of organization AND information failures, we lost this WPF. We and many other participants.

We are very sad, and it makes us even sadder, to know that such things have been said about us.

Hope we could have clarified it.

Thanks for the attention.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:38 pm

I think you misinterpret the point I'm making.

The Brazillian's account of what happened doesn't prove any further your point of the Mexicans trying to 'misplace' other nations' visas. He places the blame squarely on Andamiro for it's lack of timeliness in making sure things run smoothly - which is where I believe it belongs, and I am in agreement with what he says. He does not, however, blame Mexico or it's community for the other countries being unable to attend.

If you blame AM's Mexican division, then I can certainly understand that. The players, however, aren't responsible for the confusion described in your cross-post - Andamiro is responsible, as he states, but the players of Mexico are not.

There is the possibility that players from Mexico work for, or even worse, paid off Andamiro to ensure these things - but to blame the Mexican pumpers is to blame AM MX and equating the two, which isn't fair to them.

Let the blame be placed where it belongs for the visa debauchery - on AM's shoulders, not on those of it's players.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:13 pm

AM is responsible. However, the WPF Committee (the Mexican Supporters) are also to blame. I do not know whatever the true motive may be (if anything), but this sort of thing is nothing new to the tournament scene of Mexico. When a group of people has a reputation like this, it is hard to not believe they purposely kept countries from being able to compete.

More shit hit the fan during the actual tournament. This time, Gorras was the ring leader.
JBoy wrote:WHAT HAPPENED IN SPEED: when the girls went up to do their first round, they checked out the system that was auto-reporting the scores to the scorers' table, and nobody noticed that the wires were crossed and everyone was getting other peoples' scores because the two that played on the right side for the first song got the SAME SCORE. Jason Dread got a video of Lara playing and when her score came up switched with the person next to her, he went to the scorers' table and showed them what was happening. While they were trying to fix that, the rest of us played our first round...I played FREE for the first round and got a miss on the last step. I checked my score to make sure, and sure enough it got SWITCHED with Koala(Argentine speeder)'s on the other machine. I went back to the scorer's table to have some words, they kept fiddling until everything was fixed and they got the right scores to the righ tpeople. Several people got S with a bad (or several bads), only Italy/Lion and Mexico/Wero FC'd the song. Mexico/Gorras broke several times, and I'm fairly sure he was the LAST place. Mexico/Neo and Korea/Lee Chang played together and both streamed lots of greats and goods, they both got several bads and finished the song with a grade of S, but a LOWER machine score than my A. After the first round, all the scores were finally figured out and the top 8 placed on a large drawing board near the backstage area, with me in 7th, Taiwan in 8th, Lee chang in 9th, and Neo 10th. (top 8 move on). GORRAS then decided this wasn't fair and started trying to bully the mexican supporters into replaying the song, or playing a new (harder) song and adding the scores together, or all kinds of nonsense until the problem (by that he means neo being out) was fixed. ALL OF EUROPE and ALL OF SOUTH AMERICA and I all came back to the back and vastly argued this point. At one point, I'm fairly sure even Priska and Wero were trying to get gorras to just shut the fuck up. It eventually got so bad that I started to try and get across the room to start a fight and Priska had to calm me down. So, then while everyone was looking at the 2nd round of Female Speed, someone scribbled over the names of me and the Tawian speeder, added several digits to our scores, added in 5-7 other fake scores, added Gorras' score to the list, warped information and just generally made the large board unusable. At this point the Andamiro rep who was there, Ming Hwa, got SO UPSET with eveyrone that she pretty much pushed all of the mexican supporters taht were getting bullied by Gorras' childish tactics out of the way and took over the tournametn herself. she went BACK to the original scores, got the top 8 again, and called them to run the second round......wait a minute. remember I said my score was switched with Koala's? THAT'S RIGHT: he was called instead of me for the 7th-place spot, and to his credit (I can't thank him enough for this), he refused to play the song, and waited for them to get it right. While all of this was going on, the first six players played the song for the second round, Epik High - FLY, and two of them got S's...Wero picked up a miss just before the end of the long run. When i finally got to the stage, basically Xuma and I said to each other "You better S it, don't let him back in." he got 3 greats, I got 7, everyone was happy except mexico.

There is going to be a lot of controversy and argument over this, but that's what happened. I went back to try and get a picture of the tampered-with, mangled board after the round was over, but someone had already gotten rid of it (i would assume Gorras himself, seeing as how that evidence would be really obvious how badly Gorras wanted to screw me over...we've had some not-so-kind words in the past).

Short version: Mario was ready to play hard songs and just had a run of bad luck. I feel bad for him. Wero obviously practiced all teh songs and was ready to really go at it, but he spiked a random miss and that's also bad luck. He's an excellent player and I wish it hadn't been so anticlimactic for him. Neo is a good guy, he just picked up WAY too many greats and goods and bads at a bad time. lee chang did the same. Koala is a very honest and amazing individual, and I'm so happy he was there to stand up for what really happened. Gorras is a childish piece of shit, and a joke on every level. If anyone dares to stand up for his puerile and ridiculous antics backstage during this event, I'll be glad to laugh at them and point out exactly how stupid that whole situation was. The Southamerican and European players are a great group of people and I'm glad we all picked the right time to stand up against the rig and make sure things went as they should.

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Post by ImuyumI » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:34 am

Wow.... just.... wow...

Bloody Riot
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Bloody Riot » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:37 am

Damn talk about throwdown

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:59 am

I know that seeing me post in a PIU thread is practically unthinkable, but the fallout from this event cannot be ignored. Also, the post from Jboy was just the beginning of the drama. Apparently Gorras pissed off some people before this even began.
Calvo from ph-online.net wrote: This already happenned in our nationals, Gorras humilliated Neo when they got their places in the very finals and then he tryed to invite Nayeli to celebrate his victory on Neo at the end of the event and Nayeli simply refused, in the WPF Gorras told to Nayeli about being a "two face" bitch (Not really bitch but take in consideration that despectiveness) just for trying to cool down things and help to clarify things with the scandal with Jboy
I have to wonder if Gorras will even be allowed to attend MPF let alone another WPF after all the crap he caused.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!