IIDX Gold CS Score Data Trial Announced!

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

IIDX Gold CS Score Data Trial Announced!

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:06 am

Well, IIDX Gold CS is now official folks.

From Bemanistyle:

"Not much information about GOLD has been released yet, but the page does mention that "all songs in the GOLD folder will be included in the trial, except for INORI and Regret," so that may amount to a tacit confirmation of PHOTONGENIC and Love Again."

Personally speaking, I see no reason to revive Inori, Regret, and Love Again due to their inclusion in RED CS. In the case of Photongenic though, the AC version is different than the CS version (the bpm has been changed from 175 to 176, which is noticible when it comes to timing the song) and it's also one of my favorite CS originals.

This also means that all licenses have been obtained for the game which is both good and bad cause everybody can experience the deceptively hard hyper notechart for Red Rocket Rising (BeForU's first single from Avex Trax) and Ghostbusters, the worst IIDX song EVER!!! (I honestly thought it couldn't get any worse than the BMUS licensed songs, but this song makes me want to take a shop drill to my skull!)
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:05 am

Ok, the revivals have now been somewhat revealed:

Don't Stop! (Don't ever quite?!?!?)
R5 (The Roll of Doom finally returns!!!!)
GET ON BEAT (WILD STYLE) [The most moaning I've ever heard in one song!]
JIVE INTO THE NIGHT (What the f*ck, a license song got revived?)
QQQ (Complete with laughing looney!)
RIDE ON THE LIGHT (HI GREAT MIX)
19,November
20,November
AVE DE RAPINA
Last Message (BOOBIES!!!)
革命 (Oh noes, I may have a chance at AAA this on hyper now!)
Drivin'
Halfway of promise
thunder (The more 8th style revivals the better!)
I Was The One (80's EUROBEAT STYLE)
No.13
雪月花
ピアノ協奏曲第1番”�*�火”
LOVELY STORM (Complete with difficulty downgrade to 10)
Love Again...
PHOTONGENIC (This version will reflect the BPM change from 175 to 176 so expect a separate entry for this on VJarmy)

Holy shit aside from Jive Into The Night this is a f'n good revival list!
Last edited by Amp Divorax on Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

pimpmachine
Standard
Standard

Post by pimpmachine » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:09 pm

how can you not like jive into the night?!?!?! i was so excited to see that. now maybe i can get a decent score on it. it was always one of those iffy songs with the old speed mods. but yeah... revival list looks freakin awesome.
Total DP:
164 646 / 166 832 (2 236)
http://ddrecall.com/user.php?mode=viewprofile&user=1277

Image Image Image

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:23 am

pimpmachine wrote:how can you not like jive into the night?!?!?! i was so excited to see that. now maybe i can get a decent score on it. it was always one of those iffy songs with the old speed mods. but yeah... revival list looks freakin awesome.
Ok, I'll state this, the only song that is more annoying than it is would be Ghostbusters. (Which given all the good songs in this release I figured they had to do something like this to even things out.)

Edit: Something I'll mention here is that Lovely Storm technically could be classified as a 'preview song' for Troopers. While the Another first appeared in Happy Sky CS, this is the first appearence of Normal and Hyper notecharts for the song and Konami changed the rating of the Another to 10. (Which I can somewhat see as it's widely consider one of the easiest 11s ever.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:06 pm

Bumped due to a ton of new details from the April Issue of Arcadia.

http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php?news_id=694

Two collaboration songs were also announced in the magazine.

SHINING RAVE 「Guilt & Love」 / The Plastic Ambition (jun & DJ YOSHITAKA)
FULL ON 「Chain of pain」 / kors k VS 猫叉Master+
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Re: IIDX Gold CS Score Data Trial Announced!

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:53 am

Bumped as Two moar collaboration songs have been announced:

EPIC TRANCE / The Story Begins / SADA & SOTA
DANCE POP SPEED / Treasure x STAR / NAOKI & Ryu☆ fw. Sachimayu

Ok, seriously I was expecting better than this. Then again Konami's gonna have a hard time topping the Console Exclusives on DistorteD.

Oh, I should also mention that the rumor going around is that there may be some debuting composers on some unannounced Console Exclusives so stay tuned.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:19 pm

Moar songs have been revealed.

Revived Song:
Luv 2 Feel Your Body (BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)

Console Premieres:
Playball / Sanodg
Welcome / Uraken

Beatmania/Beatmania III Crossovers:
Beginning of Life / QUADRA
DENIM / SLAKE (NO NO NO NO NO! DO NOT WANT!!!)
Turning The Motor Over / Delaware feat. Jeff Coote (WTF)
Feeling Of Love / youhei shimizu (Seriously, you have to be kidding me!)

Ok, the one song that begs to become a crossover (HELL SCAPER!!!!) hasn't happened. Instead we get 3 pieces of shit and the revival of a decent QUADRA song.

Also, it has been confirmed that the videos for Sense 2007 and Last Message have been changed to generic videos. Currently the word going around various sites is that this was done as CERO wouldn't rate the release A (Pretty much the ESRB equivalent of E for Everyone) due to Meg's boobage. Pretty much for those wanting to find out what they are missing, youtube may have links to the vids in question. In my case though I may see about trying to reverse-engineer the game to put the vids back in!

Finally, the Pop'N Skin has returned once more like unwanted Herpes!

So in conclusion, Konami just crapped on what could have been the greatest IIDX release EVAR!!! I just hope that there are hidden songs that kick ass like DistorteD.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon May 12, 2008 2:00 pm

The final two collaborations songs have been revealed.

TECHNO / GOLDEN CROSS / dj REMO-CON VS dj TAKA (This has potential to be good)

TECHNO / SEQUENCE CAT / SLEDLAKE (SLAKE & L.E.D.) (OH NOES! Slake has returned to IIDX! Oddly enough though what I've heard of the song is good)

Oh....

http://www.konami.jp/bemani/bm2dx/gs/14 ... index.html has sample videos!
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue May 27, 2008 7:33 am

Bumped due to information leak:

First, the video for Golden Cross is FUCKING weird and the another is extremely difficult!

Hidden songs in Gold CS:
Electrified (HOLY SHIT! I LOVE THIS SONG!)
PentaCube Gt. (AX-Ver.SPL)
THE DETONATOR (TERANOID VS LED-G)
Beginning of life (The Ground Pulse Mix) (Ok, I didn't expect both mixes of the song to be on here!)
SHOX (Wait, one of RAM's Classic Beatmania songs? YES!)

and... (MAY GOD HELP US ALL!)
The Least 100 Sec (Oh, it's a 12 due to aids and fail!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXwYJCVrIBI

Holy shit! Konami apparently decided to do 'alternate' another notecharts for Vanessa and Kamaitachi that are only in the kaiden course on class mode. Be warned though, the following video below will give you nightmares unless you are LIFULL or DOLCE!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Tc8qhLOTzU

Edit: Mnemoniq by youhei shimizu is unlocked after playing all songs before it! Why they decided to put in the credits music from Beatmania III is beyond me since HELLSCAPER is begging for a revival!
Last edited by Amp Divorax on Thu May 29, 2008 5:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed May 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Gold CS is the BEST CS I have EVER played, the new CS exclusive songs are both fun to play and bad ass songs, even though it fell off the internet truck, I intend on buying this release. :D

The Story Begins and Chain of Pain are amazing songs!!

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed May 28, 2008 4:07 pm

Mini Review:

Positives:
- Somehow, BeForU's Red Rocket Rising made it on here despite being an Avex track.
- SLEDAKE!!! (Seriously, Sequence Cat is awesome!)
- THE DETONATOR!!!!!!!1 (I've been wanting to see Teranoid VS L.E.D.-G since I first heard Gigadelic back in 2005 and it did not disappoint.)
- Brings in alternate announcers
- New numbering scheme for measuring viewable space is effective as a general guideline for first time playing through the song
- 96 SONGS! The most in a IIDX release.

Negatives:
- Last Message and Sense 2007 losing their videos, yet Red Rocket Rising still has it's video and 星をこの手に got a brand new video featuring the vocalist so I'm calling bullshit on Konami's decision to sensor those two videos! (I know people are already looking up ways to put the videos in manually, but given the fact that the game is 50 megs from filling a DVD5 that won't be an easy prospect.)
- Too many gimmick notecharts. Everybody already knows about FAXX so I won't mention anything else about that. I've never seen so many notecharts whoring out staggered notes though. (I'm looking at the CS songs in particular!)
- The grade bar options are glitched so on some songs they appear as though they got a perfect score when it's only supposed to be an AAA. (This issue also appeared in Gold AC in the testing phase.)
- VERY disappointing CS songs compared to DistorteD. (NO DJ CHUCKY? U gonna be kidding me!)
- Mnemoniq unlock requirements are ludricious. (Everything must be cleared on one difficulty! I thought they stopped this BS 3 years ago after 9th style.)
- STILL no 480p! What the f*ck Konami, DDR has it and it's not hard to implement.

Overall, they got alot of things right on this, but they also made several major mistakes that for me makes me highly disappointed as Gold was my favorite arcade release so overall I'm gonna have to say that while it's still a overall solid release, DistorteD is still the best.

Edit: Oh god, even Comcast knows about IIDX.

Last edited by Amp Divorax on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu May 29, 2008 8:50 am

Played for about an hour last night and the only big glaring flaw I've found thus far is that high-speed 4 seems way too incredibly god damn fast compared to pretty much every style that has had HS4. The new "effective scroll rate number" sort of mitigates this, but it sucks having to change all my usual high-speed settings just for this style. Timing does seem maybe a tad bit early, but it probably just takes some getting used to. Once you find the scroll rate number that works for you then life should be much easier.

Both Lovely Storm and Welcome on 7key are pretty much the "give me" AAAs in the same vein as Love Shine that I've found thus far. Welcome and Sequence Cat on Another are difficult to hard clear, the latter having a pretty BS chart towards the end. The 5key revivals are definitely old-school Beatmania songs, you either love their cheesiness or you hate 'em. Everything else is basically what you find in Gold AC, it's about on par with Distorted in terms of difficulty except the songs themselves are much, much better-- there's a surprising lack of 12s though and a slew of 11s.

The new customize stuff is neat, the new song select BGMs are actually all awesome across the board this time around and golden note splashes are pretty much the best idea ever. Some of the Sudden+ lane covers are loltastic, haven't unlocked the new announcer yet, but Michael a la Mode is great in his own right.

The new rival data bank includes America which is nice, it's a shame that it doesn't include anyone good though but hey, we don't have e-amuse so it's not surprising.

I still have to play it more, but all in all it's another great style. It's not "OMG AWESOME" like Red was at the time, but it's no 5th style either. More Beat is always a good thing.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu May 29, 2008 3:56 pm

Something I should mention about timing, due to how early it is I decided to set the timing adjustments to -1 and jump straight in. As for the gold noteblast, it's a great idea, but compared to the other blasts it stays on the screen almost twice as long as the other noteblasts so that can mess people up depending on where they read the beats.

June 1st Edit: After getting a reasonable amount of playtime in the speeds do feel faster than the arcade release and I have had to adjust my timing as required. Also, my review has been updates with some new information.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Izco
Standard
Standard

Post by Izco » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:12 pm

I agree about the speed mods, however I just play with whatever feels comfortable as usual, and its not really too big a deal. About the timing, it bugged the shit out of me when i first got it. I think the best timing is somewhere between -1 and -2, but I've decided to settle with -1. Seems pretty close. Jonz plays with -2, and I think it feels closer to normal but, I dont think i could get used to it. After a few days -1 feels pretty close to normal.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:04 pm

Yeah, I caved in and set it to -1 as well since the default is definitely way off compared to the other styles. I might go back and set Happy Sky to +1 and see if that makes a difference to its relatively late timing. Kinda makes you wonder what would happen if in the very off-chance a IIDX CS tournament was held in Indiana.

Rico play more beat and get some scores up on VJA!