Homemade Tatsujin Movie

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:51 pm

Merk wrote:Man, MonMotha does not like to use his thumbs. It's cool though, I don't think I've ever seen a person play like that.
I don't use my thumbs while playing...are you supposed to?

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:12 pm

MonMotha wrote:Sounds like a challenge... I want 4:4:4 capture on the analog inputs, anyway, for grabbing DDR and Pump directly off their native video outputs in RGB.
Well, the Intensity Pro card can capture in 8, 10, or 12 bit 4:2:2; BlackMagic offers other hardware than can do 4:4:4 though. So...you don't play with your thumbs? Lord, I can't imagine not, at least on doubles. I finally passed some 10s on single one-handed, woo!

But I'm too shy (and don't have good enough scores) for tats >.>
People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:20 pm

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:
MonMotha wrote: Sounds like a challenge... I want 4:4:4 capture on the analog inputs, anyway, for grabbing DDR and Pump directly off their native video outputs in RGB.
Why though? Isn't like the Viper the only camcorder that can film in 4:4:4?
4:4:4 is required to capture in RGB since you can't downsample RGB like you can YCbCr, at least not without it looking really, really bad.

As for thumbs, I use my thumb extensively while playing one handed (for bass lines, mostly), but I evidently do not use them while playing with two hands. Go figure.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:30 pm

MonMotha wrote:
liquidblue aka DBV wrote:
MonMotha wrote: Sounds like a challenge... I want 4:4:4 capture on the analog inputs, anyway, for grabbing DDR and Pump directly off their native video outputs in RGB.
Why though? Isn't like the Viper the only camcorder that can film in 4:4:4?
4:4:4 is required to capture in RGB since you can't downsample RGB like you can YCbCr, at least not without it looking really, really bad.

As for thumbs, I use my thumb extensively while playing one handed (for bass lines, mostly), but I evidently do not use them while playing with two hands. Go figure.
Oh, ok, I thought you were saying like you had a Viper there.. i was like holy shit, rich much? hahaha

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:52 pm

I've always used thumbs-- I can't imagine not using them, they help out a lot when there's a bunch of "pill" chords (i.e. 2+3 and 5+6), and they come in handy during wacky 16ths note chord streams a la Quasar[a]. I think there's a random One More Lovely[7] video of me and my hands buried in the Beatmania Accomplishments thread from over a year ago.

But anyway, doing 10s with one hand is nothing to scoff at, I couldn't come close to passing 8s and above with one hand.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:29 pm

Oh, I use them whenever a chord is obviously easily formed with them. Something like 1+2+4, especially if the left hand isn't available (one-handed play or quick scratching). That was also like the second song I played that night on single, and it takes me a little while to get used to the sheer size of that monitor combined with high-speed, so I sometimes will miss chord formations and have to bash at them with both hands.

As for one-handed play, my limit is an easy 7, no higher. I've done Bad Boy Bass and 12th Style.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:02 pm

Merk wrote:How did you get the top-down shot? Did you just mount a camera somewhere on the IIDX cab and aim it at the keys?
I just remove one of the tiles in the drop ceiling, mount a camera on a tripod (folded), and stick the whole shebang up there. The tripod balances out the camera so it can sit up there while aimed straight down...well, almost straight down. I usually angle it just a little bit so that the player's head is less likely to get in the way of the shot. Then I do perspective correction in post-production so all the lines look straight. Easy as (baking a) pie (from scratch). :)

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:46 pm

With DistorteD coming out next week we'll have to see about doing some Tatsujin Vids for that on your setup. (Along with a few comedy videos that I have in mind.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:26 pm

I still want to funvid Cheer Train and Ageha sooooooooo bad. Your Peeps need properly worked out and finally laid to rest, Brian :P
People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:25 am

I'm reviving this thread as I'm looking into doing some Tetusjin vids on my setup. However, before I do anything I want to know what songs and notecharts people want to see. There are a few rules I have on this:

- If I don't have an entry on VJarmy for the song, it won't be played.
- Class and Nonstop courses are ok as long as I can clear them
- Due to documented timing inconsistencies I'd like to stay away from 5th style, 8th style, and BMUS unless the songs don't appear in other releases.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

bacon
Beginner
Beginner

Post by bacon » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:30 am

XVI started making videos again. he got himself a dj dao..

XVI - Bloody Tears A7.avi

here is his setup http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/ ... etupv2.jpg

two minidv camcorders captures the controller, ps2 video is captured with his pc capture card using rca, but he plans on buying a svid amp to shortly.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:28 pm

I'm glad XVI's making new vids again. While I personally am not a fan of DJ Dao controllers (albeit I do have to give props to their Platinium Edition Evolution model) they are definitely better than US KOCs.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Homemade Tatsujin Movie

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:26 pm

I'm bumping this thread as I am taking request for Tatsujin videos.

Style to play: 10th Style
- 5.8.8. Another (A remake of a much older video.)

The other 3 song picks are open to requests. The main rules for requests.
- Keep requests within reason.
- If a song has been revived in a newer release it will be played in that platform at a later point in time. http://vjarmy.com/wiki/index.php/IIDXicon has full songlists for all CS releases.
- Official Dan and Expert Courses are also eligible for selection.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Homemade Tatsujin Movie

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:16 am

Ok, due to numerous requests for me to do so, I have opted to do videos in Gold and DJ Troopers first. However, I am still taking requests for 10th style.

Also, I have streamlined things so that rendering the video is MUCH faster than it was before due to my usage of AVIsynth for deinterlacing and resizing so the 5 Tatsujin videos will be much faster.

In the case of the bonus video, that will take some time due to what I'm doing with it.
Memorable 2016 quotes: