NOT FUNNESS

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Beatmania! (Wo0t!)

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:11 pm

I passed colors, and nemesis on normal! I can almost pass v, but the ending with all the runs and the turntable right before them kinda kills me. I hate the turntable...
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:11 pm

Wow, wait to go on Colors, it took forever for me to get that...then again I got V WAY before it.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:44 pm

I didnt even whore it. I just did it and passed, somehow...
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:33 pm

Voltage, outer limits, and something else... passed!...except i didnt get it recorded on vj army... Only normal songs left are V, Bad boy bass!, and Love is Dreaminess. (Except for love, the ending is what kills me.)
You will be baked

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:52 pm

Dude, Bad Boy Bass is infinitely easier than either of the other ones...and if you can pass the other shit, you should definitely be able to get V, there's no part that would hurt your bar too much...as for Love is Dreaminess, I can see that being your last normal pass.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:04 pm

I loathe those runs at the end of bad boy bass!. And V ive finished 582973807230984 times with like 74%. Love is dreaminess isnt anywhere close to being passed.
You will be baked

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:19 pm

Wo0t! I started using speed mods, and all of a sudden i passed v and bad boy bass!! I discovered i still havent passed summer vacation or whatever it is, so i still have that and love is dreaminess and then ive passed all the normal!
You will be baked

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:21 pm

Oh, wow, you only NOW started using speed mods? Yeah, Summer Vacation is horrible without like HS3.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:29 pm

Due to ddr, i generally dont use speed mods unless i have to (which is only on piu, i never use them in ddr) but i tried it on beatmaina and its actually easier.
You will be baked

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:06 pm

Now back to ddr...

Ive been playing alot more doubles (at home, so no ddrecall :( ) and i want to ask, why is so deep heavy 'so hard'? I mean its one of the easier 9's...

Anyway, i passed that and end of the century. The ending run in tsugaru really messed me up, other wise that would have been passed too. Doubles is so much more fun than single ^_^
You will be baked

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:04 pm

Drop out, burning heat, (almost) candy (which ever one is in max cs), and some other things were passed! (doubles hvy)

And back to beatmania, i finally passed summer vacation! I had to use hs 3 though... Which leaves love is dreaminess left as my only normal. Hyper hasnt exactly been going along too well though...
You will be baked

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:05 pm

Unlike DDR, there's really no stigma against using high speed on IIDX. Pretty much everybody uses it, and until RED CS came out with additional options, whining about wanting more high speed (faster and more fine-grained control) was common.

In fact, DDR seems to be the only Bemani game (heck, music game in general) where speed mods are often frowned upon. Just about everybody uses speed mods on pop'n and IIDX, most players I've seen speed whore the crap out of Guitar Freaks (and, to a much lesser extent, DrumMania), and of course many Pump players instinctively put it on 4x when they start, turning it back down for fast songs.

Using two hands for the keys on the other hand... (just kidding, most people use two hands)
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:01 am

MonMotha wrote:In fact, DDR seems to be the only Bemani game (heck, music game in general) where speed mods are often frowned upon.
I think that attitude is all but gone at this point.

I think it may stem from the fact that DDR didn't have speed mods from the very beginning--in fact, it received them rather late in the series (DDRMAX). So I think anti-speed mod attitudes are more old-school sentiment than anything.

But heck, even the gatchoon and I have started using speed mods at this point! ;)

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:18 pm

that wasnt a 'but i suck and used hs3' but more of a 'but i finally tried it on hs3 and passed' ^_^
You will be baked

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:04 pm

I passed jelly kiss hyper!
You will be baked