Guitar Hero

Other music/rhythm games without specific coverage above

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:24 pm

Yea, I played it at my friends house yesterday, really fun when you get used to it, but the type of music is not realyl even close yto my fav. But all in all id like to play more to get better at it.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

TheVaulting1
Standard
Standard

Post by TheVaulting1 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:32 am

Im gonna post my scores OK, I got 5 stars on all the mediums and am working on getting 5 stars on hard, i already have the first 5 done.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue May 23, 2006 2:55 pm

Do you usually play with or without a shirt?

-Dan

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue May 23, 2006 3:37 pm

I don't really like it mainly because of the music.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:14 am

I just bought this game yesterday. I've only played it once before (at the Ho house) but I knew right away that I'd really enjoy it.

I've been looking at various fan sites online and discovered that there are at least 2 hidden songs that can only be unlocked by entering a code via a hacking device. Has anyone here tried doing that yet?

Oh, and if anyone wants to bring a guitar over for 2-player mode, let me know!

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:57 pm

Well, I've joined the ranks of the many, the slightly sheepish, the Guitar Hero owners. The kit was given to me today as a surprise gift (!), so I've played it only briefly thus far, but it seems mysteriously addictive.

It's also more my short-term speed (no pun!) than most of the insanely challenging Bemani line (IIDX, anyone?), though I guess the hallway perspective might take a bit of getting used to.

Anyone know if there are online sites dedicated to Guitar Hero (or even Guitar Freaks, which I might pick up myself) akin to ddrfreak.com, ph-online.net, etc.?

This is not the bump you are looking for. Move along.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:37 pm

The web site I discovered with very useful Guitar Hero stuff is scorehero.com. It has song charts for every song, a lively forum, and a score keeping system. Very nice!

And yes, one of the great things about Guitar Hero is that it starts off relatively easy (my daughter has mastered Easy level), but gets quite difficult.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:08 pm

Yeah, I've noticed by now that it gets harder... I was able to ***** all the standard songs on Medium today, but there are still songs I can't even pass on Hard and Expert difficulties.

Thanks for the link - I'm browsing it now, and it IS very nice.

Hmm, back to the guitar controller for me... must clear Hard Career Mode. Grrrrrr.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:40 am

Arka wrote:Yeah, I've noticed by now that it gets harder... I was able to ***** all the standard songs on Medium today
Guitar Hero's difficulty has driven Arka to swearing!

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:20 pm

Ho wrote:
Arka wrote:Yeah, I've noticed by now that it gets harder... I was able to ***** all the standard songs on Medium today
Guitar Hero's difficulty has driven Arka to swearing!
<groan!>

This post made me laugh out loud. (Giggle out loud? I probably shouldn't admit to giggling on this board.) Note to self: abbreviate 5* in future...

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:04 am

The first time i played it i put it on expert... and i had no idea what i was doing. :)

It seems like it would be easy once you got used to (what i call) the EVIL ORANGE BUTTON!!! :evil:
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:03 am

Evil orange button? You should play more violin. It's great for training the hand positions involved.

And: IIDX seems like it would be easy once you got used to the EVIL EXTRA TWO BUTTONS (whichever those are)! :wink:

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:04 am

As much as I'd love for it to become true, I don't think my dream will:

that of Drum Hero to accompany this outstanding game formula.

Aside from a slew of reasons that I don't think it would be successful (finding a solid but not-too-expensive controller solution, maintaining a difficulty accessible by all, etc.), I was under the impression that MTV had the U.S.'s 'drum simulation' patent with it's p.o.s. arcade game.. but I could be wrong.

Either way, it's nice to dream. I've been such a fan of GH since I bought it that such an addition would make me very happy. :twisted:

Fluffyumpkins

Re:

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:52 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of rock music, but I did enjoy the game. Only thing that bothers me is that it's style of grading is 'hit' or 'miss' much like Frequency or Amplitude. That and every song is 3+ minutes. The songlist is pretty neat though, and the replay value is high as a kite.

Rofl. Man my opinions of this game sure changed.

Fluffyumpkins

Re:

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:53 am

ShammerS wrote:As much as I'd love for it to become true, I don't think my dream will:

that of Drum Hero to accompany this outstanding game formula.

Aside from a slew of reasons that I don't think it would be successful (finding a solid but not-too-expensive controller solution, maintaining a difficulty accessible by all, etc.), I was under the impression that MTV had the U.S.'s 'drum simulation' patent with it's p.o.s. arcade game.. but I could be wrong.

Either way, it's nice to dream. I've been such a fan of GH since I bought it that such an addition would make me very happy. :twisted:
Dream come true Sam. You're living it.