PIU ZERO Tournament, Bloomington IN, March 24-25

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:31 pm

Quick question... I don't recall if this was addressed somewhere in the thread, but does your qualifier have to be passed? Like say... I play a song on first stage and technically fail during part of a song, but I continue to play and get an A. Does that still work for my qualifier, or not?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:01 am

Stage break is off, so I was under the impression that yes, that's fine.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:03 am

Hmm... That is definately good to know, as I was thinking about using a song that I have absolutely no hope of passing with stage break on.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:32 am

Jason Dread wrote:Any chance of allowing a Nightmare song to be picked for the final round only?
I actually think that would be a fun idea, but in the interest of time (and not wanting to change the rules at the last minute), I think I'll stick with the original rules ( no Nightmare except for qualifying round).
Secef wrote:Quick question... I don't recall if this was addressed somewhere in the thread, but does your qualifier have to be passed? Like say... I play a song on first stage and technically fail during part of a song, but I continue to play and get an A. Does that still work for my qualifier, or not?
Yes, you could still use a song regardless of how well you did on it, and stage break will be off the for the quals as well as for the regular tournament.

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:50 pm

That works well enough for me, as I won't have to conserve a shitload on energy for the final round. I just figured I'd ask since it's been that way for the past few tournaments I've gone to (although none of them local like this).

But this looking to be one hell of a turnout. I can think of at least 8 people coming from Louisville, possibly 2 or 3 from Lexington, and 1 from Ohio. I'm sure there are a couple other planning on coming, but from what I can remember this is going to be quite the big tourney.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:51 pm

I can't wait to PWN ALL YOU.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:13 pm

You probably will PWN me. I've only played Zero like 3 times. :(
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:29 pm

I've only played Zero 3 times, too :(

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:35 pm

That's twice more than I have.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:38 am

All Chad can pwn is my feelings. :oops:

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:18 pm

Riot wrote:All Chad can pwn is my PIU Zero. :oops:
Quoted for... no good reason.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:42 pm

I have a bit of a dillema on my hands concerning getting to and from Bloomington. I'll probably be riding down there Saturday morning with Ho, but due to a previous engagement (Mistress #6, if I remember correctly...), he will be leaving early, and will not be able to provide me with a ride back.

So, I'm currently trying to get a ride back set up. I'm in Carmel, so if anyone from the general northern Indy area is going to the tournament, I would like to see about hitching a ride from you if possible.

Oh, and I'd pay for gas if you give me a ride.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:40 pm

IMPORTANT LAST MINUTE ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. Freeplay on Friday will actually begin much earlier than 5pm; basically as soon as they can move the machine out to center court in the morning. So if you wanna chance to play lots of PIU for free without a long wait show up around noon tomorrow! (Oh, and I think this applies to Saturday as well; the official start time is noon but I think you could show up earlier and get to play.)

2. Christina confirmed to me that there will be at least 20 prizes available! These are things like T-shirts, free food, food discounts, etc. So we will definitely have a random drawing among all participants on Saturday for some of the prizes.

See you soon everyone!

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:00 pm

When would you like to run the mods tournament? I have class on Friday, so I can't get there until fairly late (4:30-5 or so). I'd be happy to run it myself, though.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:09 pm

Let's say something like 6:30 or so on Friday, and I'd be happy to have you take charge of running it. Since we have quite a few prizes, we could probably also offer a prize to the winner. Sound good?