XBOX 360?

Discussion of other non-rhythm/music games

Moderator: Moderators

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:16 pm

It's that one tiny issue that is making me get the 360. :( I was wanting to finally play bemani games at home. Oh well, Sony will be entirely screwed over now. I believe Halo 3 for the 360 will be released the same week as the PS3 launch. :D
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:29 pm

sam wrote:i think that patent was blown way out of proportion.
I don't doubt it was, but still- it's what they potentially can do that is getting people scared.
FLAKK wrote:I believe Halo 3 for the 360 will be released the same week as the PS3 launch. :D
That's what I've been hearing too.
One week til release of the 360, correct?

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:45 pm

Yes, I believe the 360 will be released by the end of this month. Oh God, now there's TWO crazy days of the year for shoppers: Black Friday and 360 release day. How many injuries/deaths/arrests do you predict?
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:17 pm

And how many faulty systems?

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:53 pm

Original Sin wrote:And how many faulty systems?
BINGO!

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:59 pm

Lil Dyme wrote:i was playing Call of Duty 2 at Curcuit City and i wasnt too thrilled.... :(
:O you got to actually play it!??!! i tried at Wal Mart here in Auburn and the effin thing wouldnt load.... >.<

Oh and i do plan on gettin the stuff i mean come on DMC4,RE4,MGS4, all hot as hell imho i mean i just find it pertubing that people decide to blow so much money when you could have a little thing called patience i mean come one 399(or more) dollars...eff that ill wait a year and get a used one for 200 and like 3-5 games w/ all my credit from my used stuff :wink: [/b]

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:09 am

seveneleven wrote: i just find it pertubing that people decide to blow so much money when you could have a little thing called patience i mean come one 399(or more) dollars[/b]
Some of us can afford to "blow so much money" on the system. :D

Right now I'm looking to drop ¥57,750 on launch day between the 360, Dead or Alive 4, Perfect Dark 0, and S-video cables, possibly more if I decide to pick up an extra controller or the wireless LAN adaptor...

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:54 am

xK1 wrote:¥57,750
Dang nig, you got so much money you can use crazy japanese symbols.

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:25 pm

djfooboo wrote:
xK1 wrote:¥57,750
Dang nig, you got so much money you can use crazy japanese symbols.
Well, since I'm buying it in Japan, I just figured I'd try to be accurate. :wink:

Would it make you feel better if I said I was dropping around $550?

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:16 am

Wow okay even though this post has been dead since about the time of the 360 release, you guys should know a few things. 1) I own a 360, don't have any games ('cept Final Fantasy XI Beta), and play it 2-4 hours a day at least, 2)How can you say shit about the games? have you played any of them, because even "mediocre" games such as Quake 4 are completely awesome online, and 3) Read this article: http://xbox360.qj.net/2005/11/10-reason ... y-ps3.html (some of the reasons are subjective and opinionated, but most are factual, most importantly the one about the L2 cache).
So yeah, if that doesn't convince you, then either you're not a gamer, or you're a sony fanboy...in which case, SHUN!

-Dan

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:14 pm

1: Not all gamers play games online. I really am fine not playing video games with tards that have to use exploits to win or other various cheap tactics. I have friends in real life who like to play games so I can play with them. I don't have to hear some prepubescent tard scream "FUCK" over and over every time he dies.

2: Most all the games out exist on other systems as well. Aside from that, you don't have to own a system to play its games.

3: I'm not a fanboy to anything, I'm sane. Just because gas costs $2.50 a gallon now does not mean I'm going to pay double for a video game console. I will be purchasing a revolution becaues it will be $200 and is way more future proof than the 360 will ever be. If you ever want to discuss low level function I'd be glad to.

Just for shits I'm gonna rebuttle that list for you.
1. No Live! In fact, sony came out and recently announced that they're not even going to bother to build an answer to Xbox Live.

Sony, you can keep your ability to plug in 7 controllers. I'll take being able to play with 63 other players on live in a fps over 7 controllers any day of the week.
Who's going to play 7 players on 1 system?! I mean fuck! There will be a lan solution eventually for the PS3; it isn't even out yet. If you notice they had one for PS2 (firewire mini port) and it was used in GT3. Nobody thought it was worthwhile so they stopped the link. Maybe 10% of xbox users actually use the lan feature so who gives a crap? I know I never would.

2. The 36.5 megabits per second blu ray drive that Sony is squeezing into the PS3.
This guy seriously has no clue what he's talking about. A DVD rom is read just about as fast and you never need to cache 256 MB of textures all at once. It's usually done on the fly based upon what models are going to be first shown.
3. Opting for 8 USB ports and multiple memory card readers over a HDD.
You poor, poor warez kiddy. Who needs a hd for real? The xbox HD used maybe 200MB of hd space when you have billions of saves so the extra 6 gigs was used for nothing. Why waste money on unused hardware? Flash mediums are just fine if you're not into pirating. My video console is for VIDEO GAMES. I don't need it to play my iPod. I have a $3000 home theater that it plugs in to and sounds much better. The PS3 is going to have computer-like functionality (possibly linux loadable) so the 8 usb ports would actually have a use for pc peripherals.
4. Sony disabling the ability to have LAN parties (without getting wired controllers) by insisting on using bluetooth controllers over Infrared ones.
WHAT?! the 360 doesn't use IR you fucktard! Hell they haven't used IR ever since the wavebird came out. Get some SNES IR controllers and find out how awesome IR performs. They probably will have a lan functionality, cell chips can be networked together to share cpu power so I don't see why they'd not include an ethernet port for standard lan... Plus knowing sony it'll have a built in web browser and all that glittered crap like PSP.
5. The Cell.
No. Just no. If you're going to bag the cell processor just shut the fuck up. It is going to revolutionize game processors forever. The L2 cache is completely insignificant because the cache is used for the processor that controlls the SPUs. It's a completely different design for a cpu atypical to a standard design. It's made with vector processing in mind rather than assembly churning which makes it extremely usefull for 3d-esque calculations/stretching/blits/whatever.
6. No requirement to make developers use 720p.
No hdtv; don't care. They say something like 80% of all households don't have a HDTV and considering the standard is STILL not even 100% finalized why would I buy something that could be useless in 2 years due to the fact that it doesn't have specific DRMed connectors?
7. Accessible cost
Yes since everyone knows how much the ps3 is going to cost. If we're going to bitch about cost, REVOLUTION wins. Why does everyone forget this?
8.The Games.
OMG A SYSTEM THAT ISN'T OUT ALREADY HAS GAMES?! HOW DO THEY WORK? QUANTUM VIDEOGAMING?
9. The Design.
which isn't even finalized. if you look at every trade show they had a sign saying it was a concept.
10. Developer Hell.
Yes, because it's a completely different platform. Once adopted and developers understand how to properly use SPUs for pixel shading and anything else...well...let's just say that the ps3 CAN have amazing graphics if someone programs some kickass algos. How a ps3 operates is completely against conventional cpu design. Of course it will be rocky at first but once learned it will shine. The revolution will actually be the easiest to develop for out of all of them. So again, why are we getting no revolution love?

Oh wait that's right. Xbox fanboy.
insert code compile execute return

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:28 pm

oh god that was so funny (and true). Funniest part is the use of IR controllers :D
a couple addendums:
the blu ray drive is not supposed to be phenomenal for reading speed, but moreover storage space (I'm sure revolution will also have a very good medium, but I haven't heard anything about it).

everything else sam said I agree with

oh and if you're going to post an argument on why xbox360 is better than ps3.... don't cite an article from a domain: xbox360.qj.net
http://xbox360.qj.net/2005/11/10-reason ... y-ps3.html (not a good source)
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:28 pm

insert code compile execute return

Blaze
Standard
Standard

Post by Blaze » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:04 pm

I would like to see the controllers get reworked. They look alittle too much like a boomerang to me.

Also, arguing over a video game system is like arguing over politics: If you are speaking, you are right, everyone else is wrong. Besides, the only one that's out is the 360, and personally I'm not that impressed with it. The graphics are gorgeous, but honestly, it's like megapixels: The difference is minute and costs $25-35 more for every .1 megapixel.

The PS2 held it's own against the Xbox, I don't expect Sony to be floored this time around either. The Xbox 360 took this market first, but PS systems have customer loyalties built up.

This was posted on a Sony Vaio Desktop with a Sony LCD Screen while it runs on Microsoft Windows. Like my computer let's all be open to the idea of intercorporate breeding.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:17 pm

First of all, Sam: I love you. That was beautiful.

And of course this guy isn't giving the revolution any love, he's an Xbox fanboy...which is quite amusing, concidering he's accusing others of being Sony fanboys.

And I still say...'What the fuck' when it comes to these arguments, especially to the guys boasting about the Xbox's 'amazing' capabilities. If you're that into the technical aspect of a system, BUY A FUCKING PC.

I'll buy whichever system has the games I enjoy the most. I don't give a flying fuck which one reads faster, or what it's got under the hood, so long as it works for the games that I'm playing on it.

Oh, and about the Xbox live bullshit... I've got Quake 4 AND Call of Duty 2 on PC. I can play them online whenever I want, without the whiney little Xbox live kids that have to hack to win anything.