[FOR SALE] Cheap Stuff

Post items you have for sale or are looking to buy
**Read the rules announcement in this forum before participating**

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:27 am

That sounds like a sweet deal to me (no pun intended)!. The CD-Burner is gone!
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:10 pm

I know you might have some other stuff other than what you are listing that might fit my needs so I'll go ahead and ask.

My friends and I are looking to build a MAME cabby sometime soon and we are looking at our different options. I don't know all of what's needed on the computing end of the MAME so I don't know if you'll have what I need. It doesn't need to be a fancy computer. We are primarily interested in only the older games such as Gauntlet, Pole Position, 1943, etc etc.

If you have enough stuff to throw together a low end computer that could run that stuff lemme know and I'll take it off your hands for ya ^_~

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:15 pm

if he doesn't have something that'll work just get a P2 or p3...they're cheap and will be more then powerful. a p3 500 should be able to play anything thrown at it aside from real intensive mame roms...voodoo 3 3000 should also work or a geforce 2mx. ram should be 128-256mb and the os should be windows 98. use arcade os as the rom loader and you're good to go!
insert code compile execute return

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:31 pm

He ended up with a Celeron 366, 96MB of RAM and a couple hard drives. Since the plan is to run Linux as the host for MAME, rather than Windows, the RAM requirements can be relaxed a decent bit.

The intent is to try the onboard S3 video. For older games that are just fill driven, that should work just fine. If it causes problems, I can probably dredge up an old video card.

The CD burner is officially gone.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:05 pm

I took the 256 MB that I got from you and put it in my top computer to go along with it's 512. Since I only have two slots in that computer I had to remove it's 128 and so now I've put that in my other one (the one I got from you). Effectively, I doubt I'll have issues with the RAM now ^_^

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:56 pm

The 256MB stick was DDR, which most newer PCs will use. The PC I sold you uses original SDRAM (PC66-133), not DDR. It won't even physically fit, let alone work...
A normality test:
+++ATH

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:56 am

that'll be fine if he's using a computer monitor as the video. the reason you need arcade os is because it allows output at 30hz for arcade monitors 8)
insert code compile execute return

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:38 pm

Actually, X will let you do anything your video hardware and driver is physically capable of doing.

Here's a quick config line to put out something that most arcade monitors should like (NTSC spec timed interlaced 480 line video):

ModeLine "NTSCspec-59.94i" 14.318 768 784 848 910 483 484 492 525 Interlace

The problem is that most PC video hardware can't do 15kHz/60Hz anyway. Yes, arcade video (and TV) is 60Hz (well, 59.94Hz by definition, but they'll all sync up at pure 60 due to legacy concerns) vertical sync, it's just interlaced which halves the horizontal sync for the same vertical resolution. Most PC hardware won't go below around 30kHz (usually you can hit 29 or so). After that, the driver will either refuse to do it (since the hardware can't be programmed to go any further) or the sync starts getting such horrible skew as to be unusable.

However, I believe RyogAkari was planning on using a TV, so any video card with SVid out would work.
A normality test:
+++ATH

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:39 pm

I'd like to get rid of that RedOctane pad. Now $25 or make an offer. Buyer pays shipping or meets me somewhere to pick it up.

Most of the cheap/free stuff could even be free if you want to go office space on it - I just require a video in that case :)
A normality test:
+++ATH

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:16 pm

MonMotha wrote:I'd like to get rid of that RedOctane pad. Now $25 or make an offer. Buyer pays shipping or meets me somewhere to pick it up.
Assuming the pad works pretty well, and you'd like to come to the tournament, I'll let you in for free for the prize donation.

That is me offer.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat May 13, 2006 2:19 am

RedOctane pad is still available. Make a reasonable offer. It's much nicer than the Mad Catz pads you'd find at Worst Buy, and I'll let it go for a comparable price.

Did some more cleaning of the basement...

I still have most of the other crap that's on the front page. Pretty much anything is free at this point. I'd just like to get rid of it all. If you do go Office Space on it, I'd like a video, at least :)

The following software is new in-box (still sealed):
  • Warcraft III (in the big box, no less - Orc box art)
  • Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
  • Independence War 2
  • Dungeon Siege
If you're interested in one of the games, let me know. They'll probably go for bargain basement bin type prices (~$10).

I have Minority Report on DVD still shrink wrapped. Widescreen region 1 NTSC. I somehow ended up with two copies of this. $8 or make an offer.
A normality test:
+++ATH

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun May 14, 2006 7:48 pm

Would you happen to have an extra 64MB stick of ram that you don't need? I've got an old HP and I'm looking to double the memory in it.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun May 14, 2006 8:17 pm

I think I do. PC66, 100, or 133? Older 133 (such as mine) is usually downwards compatible. I think the 64MB stick I have is 100. What are you looking to spend?
A normality test:
+++ATH

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun May 14, 2006 9:37 pm

It just so happens that PC100 is what I need. As for what I was planning on spending, I was thinking about $10, and maybe a few tokens if need be.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun May 14, 2006 11:51 pm

64MB SYN DIMM, 100 says the label. So that's 64MB of PC100 - just what you need. $10 buys it - SOLD!

I'll be in town Tuesday evening late. If you'll be at X-Site, I'll bring it there.
A normality test:
+++ATH