New ITG2 (dedicated cabinet) in Fishers/Noblesville

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

New ITG2 (dedicated cabinet) in Fishers/Noblesville

Post by Ho » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:47 pm

The new Pinheads bowling and entertainment center in Fishers has a brand new ITG2 in its gameroom. It's located between 131st and 141st off SR37 right next door to Ben & Ari's.

I dropped in today to check the place out. It's a pretty big place with a couple dozen bowling lanes, duck pin bowling, pool tables, a cafe, a game room, a kids play area, and some other space. It's a brand new building and quite nice...and non-smoking throughout!

The game room is pretty good sized, but it's all redemption games except for one racing game (two seats) and ITG2. The machine looked pretty much unplayed when I was there this afternoon. The high score tables were blank as far as I could tell. I didn't actually play it, but I'd assume it's in good shape unless it's suffering the same "break in period" that the machine at Laser Flash seemed to.

I'm still generally unexcited about ITG, so I don't really see myself going there to play it. But I'm excited to bowl there. It's further from my house than Stardust in Noblesville, but I much prefer to leave not smelling like the bottom of an ashtray. I imagine I'd probably play a game or two while I was there. I wonder what dancing games are like in bowling shoes...hmm.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:57 pm

Seems like all of Indiana is getting DC's but Fort Wayne.

*sigh*
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:20 pm

Almost every "arcade" in Northern Indianapolis (most of which are facilities whose main purpose is not arcade gaming, such as Laser Tag or Bowling) is in a revenue share agreement with Shaffer, who happens to be the local distributor for Andamiro. This is why Andamiro stuff (ITG2 dedicated cabinets, Pump It Up) is showing up left and right.

Hopefully they'll treat these better than they did their DDR machines. If not, you've got a year or two to play before everything starts sucking again.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:29 am

To confirm MonMotha's statement...

The machines at PinHeads bear the familiar Shaffer Distributing stickers.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:05 am

SoDeepPolaris wrote:Seems like all of Indiana is getting DC's but Fort Wayne.

*sigh*
it seems all of indiana has a ITG machine except NWI. lol
Team KIMO represent!

Trenchcoat
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Trenchcoat » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:44 pm

How much was it per play?
[Signature goes here]

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:08 pm

Hobo wrote:
SoDeepPolaris wrote:Seems like all of Indiana is getting DC's but Fort Wayne.

*sigh*
it seems all of indiana has a ITG machine except NWI. lol
I thought Mishawaka was part of NWI, guess not. However, all of southern Indiana is without ITG to my knowledge.

Also...I haven't been there, but because it's a Schaffer arcade, odds are it's 75¢ a game :(

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:54 am

Price was set at 4 tokens.

Trenchcoat
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Trenchcoat » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:31 pm

How many songs per play?
[Signature goes here]

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:52 am

I didn't play it, so I don't know. But I will post if I find out--if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:52 pm

It'll be four tokens. That's what Shaffer's is trying to get every ITG set at: 4 tokens for three songs.

Laser Flash actually kinda defied Shaffers, putting theirs to 3 tokens/4 songs. Which reminds me...I need to stop by there and get code 2 in.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:23 am

I went to PinHeads last night. I can confirm Yume's pricing supposition. It is indeed four tokens for three songs.

The machine played fine. However, the stage was closer to the cabinet than I prefer--an issue exacerbated by the larger monitor they use in ITG dedicated cabinets (compared to DDR).

The volume was also just a bit low. It wasn't a problem except that there were a couple basketball games to the right of the machine, facing it. When they'd do their attract mode music cycle, they all but overpowered ITG. I imagine if the arcade had been busier and louder it could become a problem, but otherwise everything was fine. Fortunately, neither of these issues is at all difficult to remedy.

And in case you were wondering, the bowling was great! The smoke-free environment rocks. It's nice to have all new equipment that works. And it was nice to have a wide selection of bowling balls that don't look like they've served as cannonballs. The shoes are new as well, but that doesn't really affect me since I have my own. :)

Trenchcoat
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Trenchcoat » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:26 pm

$1 for 3 songs isn't great, but better than the 50c/1 song in Lexington. We may make a trip up there sometime. And we'll probably visit the EX2 at Xsite again.

Thanks for the info.
[Signature goes here]

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:30 pm

Be sure to let us know, and I'll try to make some time available to join you.

Karl
Standard
Standard

Post by Karl » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:11 am

Still waiting for somewhere within an hour of here to get even an ITG1...
The internet is serious buisness, kids.