MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

[FOR SALE] Cheap Stuff

Post by MonMotha » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:26 am

RedOctane DDR Pad
HAS BEEN SOLD!!!

Reasonably priced or cheap, but not free
10BaseFL <-> 10BaseT (fiber/copper) media converter. Just one, sorry, no pair, but you do get the AC wall wart and an approx. 3ft. fiber patch cable with it. Make an offer.
Cannon CanoScan FB620P - I'm told it works, but I've not tried it. If you're interested, I'll hook it up and test it. I believe this is a parallel port model.
4GB Laptop HDD, exact model upon request

Cheap, maybe free, stuff
The following are free if you actually have a use for them. Going office space on them costs money.

Intel Pentium 75MHz (bare processor), known working
Intel Pentium 120MHz (bare processor), condition unknown
Intel 486DX 33MHz (bare processor), condition unknown
Intel 486SX, 33MHz (bare processor), condition unknown
Karaoke Machine - but not really, no screen or anything, just some tape decks, a couple microphone connectors (one broken), and a Radio. Also has a line level input on the back. Tape decks have a motor issue and eat tapes. Use it as a dirt cheap PA amp. Radio works. Mic 2 works. No power cable, unless you're nice enough to get me to find it.
Archer/Radio Shack "Space Patrol" CB/AM base station - worked when I quit using it, but the antenna is broken. You can actually transmit low power AM in the broadcast range with this, as well as CB. Runs from D batteries or an AC wall wart (not included)

I also have a bunch of fairly low-end PCs (a couple 486s, some P133s) that I'm interested in getting rid of. Let me know if you want specs.

Not free, discuss deals

Also, if you like the old Decipher Star Wars CCG, I have a crapton of cards, mostly in mint condition (like 4 of those 1.5' boxes). Mostly Premiere through Cloud City. Let me know if you're interested. I can see if I have certain cards, but making a full list would be tough.

My preferred method of payment is cash on the spot. If you're not local, we can discuss things (I do not have a Paypal account, sorry).
Last edited by MonMotha on Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:00 am

More Almost Free Stuff
RC Car - Comes with car, battery (should work OK), 24hr. charger, and 15 min. quick charger. $15

Intel PII 266MHz, 512kB cache - Comes with attached heatsink, no fan. $10

I also have the following games new in box (sealed) if anyone is interested:
*Warcraft III (in the big box, too)
*Dungeon Siege

All prices can be a starting point for negotiation
If you're not going to just go office space on it, I'm willing to make deals (all the way down to free on some things).
Last edited by MonMotha on Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

uhpotter
Standard
Standard

Post by uhpotter » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:09 pm

I might be interested in one of the computers but I am not sure if I could host a ventrilo server on one of those with windows xp... Not sure how much I'd pay for one.. mabye 5 bucks or something. (not an offer just a heads up mabye offer later)

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:08 pm

XP requirest (at least, probably more) 64MB of RAM. These have 16 or maybe 32. If you're lucky, you'll get Win2k to boot. They are suitable for Linux or old Windows/DOS use only.

One of them served very happily as my server for a few years (hell, my current server is only a K6-2/350). Of course, it was running Linux, not Windows, so the overall system requirements can be much lower.

Also, no OS is included, unless you want me to throw Debian on it or something.
A normality test:
+++ATH

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:33 pm

Just an FYI. Minimum spec for XP (from Microsoft) is 128 MB. It works, but I don't know if I'd really call it useable at that level. 256 is still marginal but at least acceptable if you're not planning on doing too much...or at least not too much all at once.

Windows 2000, on the other hand, calls for a minimum of 64 MB. I don't know that I've experienced W2K at that level, but I do have one at home at 128 MB that works fairly well.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:36 pm

2000 boots on 32 (it refuses to run with less). It is practically unusable, but it will boot to a desktop.

Linux 2.2 will happily boot with 4 (though 8 makes things a lot easier), 2.4 and 2.6 really want at least 8MB of RAM.
A normality test:
+++ATH

uhpotter
Standard
Standard

Post by uhpotter » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:43 pm

Well I am not sure if I would want to use linux but I suppose I could get used to it and run that way. It is probably better for a server than xp anyways.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:07 pm

Ho wrote:Just an FYI. Minimum spec for XP (from Microsoft) is 128 MB. It works, but I don't know if I'd really call it useable at that level.
I know for a fact that XP can fully run on 128 MB. That's what my Compaq I got a few years back had, and it came with XP. Now, it didn't allow for very good multitasking, but it worked.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:55 am

I had a friend who came to my old LAN parties back in the day (I really should have another one...). He had a Compaq running XP w/ 128MB of RAM and a GeForce 4MX 440 PCI: at the time, this was one of the best cards you could get in PCI, which he used since he didn't know if he had an AGP slot when he went to buy it - this was back in the era of crappy onboard AGP video using shared system RAM.

We were playing UT2003 (brand new), and his system took FOREVER to load up a game. We got a real chuckle out of one time we did a particularly quick CTF game. Right as he finally got the level loaded up and joined, the announcer proudly proclaimed "You have won the match!". The system put him on the winning team :)

Back to the actual topic at hand:

How would you like to pick up your computer? It certainly isn't worth shipping it. I'm leaving for Terrible Hole again over this weekend (so I won't be at Tuesday PIU for a while), but I can leave it with someone who can get it to that. I've got a P133 w/ either 16 or 32MB of RAM (not sure - if it's only got 16, I'll look through the RAM bin and see if I can throw some extra in for you). If you'd like to use more it takes either 72p EDO SIMMs or SDRAM DIMMs up to 64MB (I think - I know it has one DIMM slot). It works fine as "that generic linux box". No CD drive, Trident POS video (good enough for something you don't care about), 1.2GB HDD, 10MBit PCI NIC.
A normality test:
+++ATH

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:19 am

WhiteDragon wrote:
Ho wrote:Just an FYI. Minimum spec for XP (from Microsoft) is 128 MB. It works, but I don't know if I'd really call it useable at that level.
I know for a fact that XP can fully run on 128 MB. That's what my Compaq I got a few years back had, and it came with XP. Now, it didn't allow for very good multitasking, but it worked.
Yeah, it runs if you're willing to do small things one at a time. Otherwise you invoke "swap file hell" and get to sit and listen to your hard drive make grindy noises for a few minutes. :P

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:12 pm

The wifi card has been sold. I still have everything else.

BUY MY STUFF!!!!11!!!eleventy-two!!!
A normality test:
+++ATH

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:55 am

is it a 'real' rc car? brand name?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:08 am

No, it's a POS Radio Shack, though it was surprisingly good for such a thing.
A normality test:
+++ATH

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:59 am

CaseyDidder wrote:is it a 'real' rc car? brand name?
lol ya right.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:23 am

Dibs on the CD-RW burner.

I'll trade you 2 packs of Ale-8 (12 cans each), some Ski, and some monies for the rest for it.

Hopefully I'll see you Saturday, but if I don't I'll leave it with Brian and pick it up again next time I see him.