[X-Stomp] PIU Exceed 2 tourney - 8/6 1 pm - X-Site

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:24 am

Thanks to everyone who showed up. You can't have a tournament without players! This was probably the most fun I've had playing a Music game in a really long time.

Oh, and of course thanks to Ho for organizing things, and to X-Site for putting up with us :)
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:07 am

Yes, indeed. Thanks to all who showed up and made this event a success. It was great to see the regulars as well as some new faces, and thanks to the contingent from Louisville and Mark from Ft. Wayne for making long drives to attend.

I received a lot of nice feedback from most everyone about the format and management of the event. I appreciate your kind words and am pleased that everyone seemed to have a great time!

Pictures and hopefully video will be forthcoming. Pictures shouldn't take too long, but I'm expecting the sound on the video to be terrible, and I haven't decided what to do about it yet.

BTW, the results of the tournaments were as follows:

Out of 16 total participants, Jason Dread from Louisville was the winner of the tech event. Our very own Motha Stewart (MonMotha) placed second.

Out of 5 total participants, Jason Dread also won the freestyle competition, and I placed second.

So what does this mean? It means that Indiana needs to start playing a lot more Pump! ;) But seriously, Louisville has some great talent for this game, and I look forward to seeing them again.

On another note, the prize raffle went quite well with everyone who was still present at the end of the tech tourney taking home a prize. I believe that was something like 12 prizes given out. So the majority of the people who entered actually went home with something valued more than their entry fee.

I love this format, and I intend to keep using it! I hope it encourages more people to participate regardless of their ability. I know I, for one, was completely outclassed by at least half the people who entered. Yet I had a fantastic time meeting and socializing with people, watching some incredible talent, and playing (to the best of my own personal abilities).

Well, that's all for now, I'll have some more updates on this later.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:07 pm

I must admit i had had a great time thier. I hope i turned some head with that upset i had in the losers brack beating that dude from KY. This is a definite must do if it happens again.
Warning incoming game!

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:24 pm

^_^ It was indeed an excellent day. I have not been that tired in a long time.

Then again, I haven't tried 12s and 15s lately...Oi. But I feel better now and intend on enjoying the memories over my free pizza.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:38 pm

Yume_Taira wrote:I have not been that tired in a long time.
No kidding! I'm still sore and exhausted. Between the tech bracket, four freestyles, running up and down the stairs to turn the camera on and off, and just the general effort involved in preparing for and running an event, I'm glad I didn't have too much planned for today.

But all-in-all it was well worth it. I had a great time, and am glad that everyone else seems to have also. I'm definitely looking forward to doing it again.

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:45 pm

Ho wrote:But all-in-all it was well worth it. I had a great time, and am glad that everyone else seems to have also. I'm definitely looking forward to doing it again.
I think it's safe to say that this is quoted as truth for everyone there. :)

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:17 am

Sorry I couldn't make it, but out of curiousity, what were some of the songs + difficulties used in the later rounds?

Trenchcoat
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Trenchcoat » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:09 am

Heya. I'm the loud Asian from Louisville. The tournament was lots of fun. I'll definitely make it up for another one. I'm sure the rest of our group would too.
[Signature goes here]

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:39 am

BakaOrochi wrote:Sorry I couldn't make it, but out of curiousity, what were some of the songs + difficulties used in the later rounds?
I'll be posting complete stats, records, and results soon. I have detailed files. ;)

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:47 am

BakaOrochi wrote:Sorry I couldn't make it, but out of curiousity, what were some of the songs + difficulties used in the later rounds?
In the winner's bracket, I don't think I saw anything under an 11 (after I got eliminated in the second round), mostly ranging in the 12-14 range.

I kinda weighted down the Loser Bracket a bit in my round (sticking to sixes and sevens for perfect score goodness), but FLAKK made up for it with a fifteen (I officially hate Monkey Fingers...in all its forms). But the average was usually around that 12-14 range.

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

Post by Ray_Clark » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:42 am

I was pretty cool although I didn't know how to play, lol! But it was great. Met new ppl, great atmosphere and everything. Sorry I couldn't stay long. I had to make another stop. Tell u more about my "Ray on the Run" day. Check it out under DDR forum and special thanks to Ho for not only running a successful tourney, but handing me a Pump it Up butt-whopping! :lol:

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:16 pm

I'm always glad to do what I can to support your events Ho. 8)

This one was absolutely spectacular. I'll have to look over some stepfiles so that I dont have to rely on the "Power of PA" in simple songs next time ^_~.

Oh, and I'll remember my inhaler next time as well. :oops:

But yeah, lets have some more events real soon!

Tounge73
Light
Light

Post by Tounge73 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:45 pm

I wish i could have seen this post eariler, i would have came , My name is Tounge, and i am the Official Pump Supporter of Louisiana. We jus had a Big Tourny in louisiana like 2 weeks ago , you can see pics at http://www.Tounge73.Exonytesrealm.com then click New Orleans tourny. do any of yall happen to visit pump haven?

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:45 pm

Yeah, I post on Pump Haven under this same handle. If I would've thought anyone from PH would have actually been interested I would've advertised the hell of the tourney on there.

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:53 pm

As the tournament progressed pretty much all Crazy songs were used. I can only remember the songlist of a few of my matches:

Dread v TaQa
1 - Love is a Danger Zone CZ
2 - Join the Party CZ

Dread v Ryog Akari
1 - Beethoven Virus HD
2 - Canon D CZ

Dread v MonMotha I
1 - Born to Be Alive CZ
2 - ???

Dread v MonMotha II (Finals)
1 - Solitary 2 CZ
2- Valenti CZ

Ho actually has a Spreadsheet with all the matches played. Thinking about it, that'd would be awesome if you made that available to download :D