Incrediplex - Far Northeast Side - DDR X2

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Incrediplex - Far Northeast Side - DDR X2

Post by Diamondback1996 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Went here because I heard there was a DDR X2 machine. This is correct.

It's a Betson X2 so don't expect much. The P1 side's up panel was stuck the entire time I was there. The sound was turned almost all the way down. The P2 side's up panel got stuck for a while but eventually fixed itself. The P2 right panel was just iffy in general. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

I asked them to turn the volume up on it, especially the bass since there was none. They left the bass alone but turned up the marquee speakers to the max. Also mentioned to the front desk as I was leaving that the machine needs work.

Now that I've played on an X2 for more than a few rounds, I have to say that Tilt's old X was much better, but I know it was modded. I guess if I ranked all machines and Tilt's old machine based on pad quality it would go:

X JP series = red cabs = Betson SN series = Original JP cabs = K cabs > 2013+ >>>>> Tilt's old X > Betson X2 >>>>>>>>>> Namco crap-o-cabs > Stock Betson X

And overall quality (just as a side note):

X JP series > red cabs = 2013+ > Betson SN series > Original JP cabs >>>> K cabs > Tilt's old X > Betson X2 >>> Stokc Betson X >>>>>>> crap-o-cabs

Although this is coming from someone who's played on like 2 Korean cabs, 2 Betson SNs, a Betson X, and 2 Betson X2s.

The place itself is fairly nice. I'd say it's basically a community center. There's an arcade, a couple bowling lanes, party rooms, bounce houses and such, food, a bar (!), and a huge athletics area. Not typically a place where you'd find DDR, but where is anymore?

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Re: Incrediplex - Far Northeast Side - DDR X2

Post by yindesu » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:40 pm

Diamondback1996 wrote:And overall quality (just as a side note):

X JP series > red cabs = 2013+ > Betson SN series > Original JP cabs >>>> K cabs > Tilt's old X > Betson X2 >>> Stokc Betson X >>>>>>> crap-o-cabs

Although this is coming from someone who's played on like 2 Korean cabs, 2 Betson SNs, a Betson X, and 2 Betson X2s.
Totally off-topic, but 2014 > new X JP (pretty much extinct) > new red cabs (extinct) >>> aged X JP (a lot of these all over Japan) >>>>>> 2013.

2014 is a thing that Konami says fixes 「白筺体はチョット感触が固かった…」 and to me they succeeded because I hated 2013 in its launch week that spring, but currently love 2014 pads (and have some serious issues with aged X JP pads).

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 am

Didn't even know there were 2014 pads, I just thought all white cab pads were the same. I heard that they did have to be broken in first, at least the 2013 ones.

I'd say older (maintained) ones are still better simply because you can tell if a panel is stuck or if the sensors are just bad.

yindesu
Standard
Standard

Post by yindesu » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:07 pm

Diamondback1996 wrote:I heard that [2013] have to be broken in first
I'm pretty sure that was one guy's opinion during launch week and that it never panned out. I think it's a myth because Konami actually announced a 2014 revision to replace 2013 to address the problem.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:18 pm

I would go after work at some point, but I am unsure of if it would be worth it or not given the platform issues.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

GMSRocks104
Standard
Standard

Post by GMSRocks104 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:08 pm

I just visited Incrediplex today and it was warming to finally find a real Komani machine. I think they took the requests about the low volume because it was fairly loud. The Up arrow on P1 was consistently triggered.. so I played P2 and it was meh. It would lose my held notes even if I was standing completely still.

However aside from DDR X2, I had plenty of entertainment from drunks at the bar! :lol: Lastly, the facility up front was incredibly rude :evil: they acted like middle-schoolers and even snickered at one of my family members and I glared at them for abit to the point they laughed at me. I confronted them to say the least..