Credit Line Bullshit

Moderator: Moderators

The X
Standard
Standard

Credit Line Bullshit

Post by The X » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:15 pm

Post stories of Credit line Bullshit here. I know we all have at least one.

I'll begin.

Yesterday at GW I was waiting in line to play some Didder. I was next in line(finally). All of a sudden, someone who just got there trid to go in front of me and say"dude, that's my credit in there. I was next because I put it in there. I was just walking around to pass the time."

Ok. #1. Don't fuckin' get up and expect to play right when you get back, especially when no one else knows you, or is willing to save your spot.

#2. If a credit is dormant for that long, it won't be there, more than likely, when you return.

You get the point. BULLSHIT.

Post your stories and discuss.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

yamcha61
Standard
Standard

Post by yamcha61 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:28 pm

I got a story as well. Except mine is with token lines.

I was at Ben and Ari's at which time many players were there with a token line. Then some ppl which no one knew went up to the machine and tried to play. So we all said you have to wait in line those are our tokens up there, and we explained the system to them. At which time they said this is "Bullshit" and tried to take our tokens. All and all a staff member saw them and "threw them out"

I feel your pain X this is only one story of many.
What happens when you get scared half to death twice?

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:21 pm

There was this one time when this dude was all like, "I'm gonna play me some didder, whether you like it or not." I then proceeded to smack him with my radioactive cock.

subhuman
Light
Light

Post by subhuman » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:22 pm

You gotta tell us when stuff happens Matt. Kicking people out is half the fun of working there.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:58 pm

subhuman wrote:You gotta tell us when stuff happens Matt. Kicking people out is half the fun of working there.
Wow, I really want to go to GW now.

I loved it at Putt-Putt, some stupid person had to go and complain to the management, because we were "hogging the machine". It was awesome, because no one else even attempted to play. It's like: "hey dipshit, if you wanna use the machine, you have to actualy let people know. Ya know, as opposed to just standing 10 feet away from the machine."

Duuur. Fort Wayne is smrt.

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:59 pm

Meh, I don't see a problem with people who put a token up, and walk around while they're waiting or play something else, as long as they don't miss their turn. It's terribly boring watching someone play, and if you have to sit through 10 rounds, by the time it gets to you, you don't want to play anymore. Plus sometimes, I've been #10 many times, and in those 9 people before me, I've seen them go AGAIN, and it's like, wait WTF, since when do you jerks get to go twice? Just because YOUR FRIEND put their token up also?

Hrm, token line stories...I've seen people take mine, and sometimes I just let them. Then as they start leaving, I start talking to a friend really loudly while their walking away (but can hear me) about how cheap and pathetic some kids must be to steal 1 friggin' token because they can't afford a quarter for their own token. Then I watch as they kind walk out fast from the arcade.

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:39 am

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:40 am

I remember hearing once that they way they set up how you play while you're at DDR-A-Thon is by writing your name on a Lego and then building a tower with it, instead of using a token line.

I think that's a great idea, if you've got a ton of people around.

My info is probably all screwed up (heh. n_x), but that seems like it would be a system that would work. The token line stuff, though..eww.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:44 am

That is indeed how things are done (or at least were at 4, and apparently in the past as well) at DDR-A-Thon. It works pretty well, as long as people actually pay attention to it: much like a token line, but your name is written on the block so there's no confusion with large numbers of blocks.

Basically, when you show up, get a lego, and write your name on it. Put it on the top of the tower. When you're at the bottom of the tower, take your block off and put it on the top (along with whoever is with you, for versus). The lego tower at DDR-A-Thon 4 was about 1.25 feet high (these were Duplo, mind you).
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:54 am

Token lines don't work. They get jacked too frequently which sets the mood for many angry customers. That, and if people know people well enough, they will often put yours in back of theirs so they can all go faster.

Credit lines aren't much better. Credits tend to get jacked too much as well(I speak from personal experience).

Legos would works if someone would remember to bring some, but that usually dosen't cross the mind of a carfull of energy-ridden teenagers/colleges students/DDR freaks racing to the arcade to play.

Another story.

Dateline:TBT. Many many months ago.

I was about to play when someone gave me a slight shove and started fucking with me like he created the game, saying shit like"No My Turn Cause I AAA'ed Like every song all over your mama more times than you've counted to ten."

And he failed his seconed song.....

Mind you, I would've done something. But at the time, I was still a lil' wuss.

Like Penn & Teller say: BULLSHIT
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

subhuman
Light
Light

Post by subhuman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:11 pm

If you guys ever need the legos at Gameworks just let us know. We bought bunch of them and the dry erase markers right around when everyone stopped playing. They're in the venue somewhere, we can dig 'em out for you.

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:56 pm

Token lines don't work, but neither does credit lines; I've seen retarded kids take TWO credits instead of inserting an extra credit for their friend, and not only will they fight you defending their claim, they make it not worth your time.

In short, fcuk DDR.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:42 am

There's one guy I recall at Gameworks who did the same thing to me when I used to go there. He'd occasionally come into the arcade about three hours after I got there and whine.

"Hey, bitch, I had a credit in. What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Then he wouldn refuse to let me on the machine and steal my credit.

That's one thing I hated about Gameworks. The stupid credit lines. That's why I go to an arcade where nobody ever plays DDR. I have the machine all to myself, yes!

Matt, you should've used your almighty godlike powers and smitten the fool or something. You know you wanted to.

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:05 pm

Baka: I ALREADY SAID THAT!!!! :D

Steve: I'll let ya know when we need to bust out da blocks.

Intermezzo: I did. Twas a good feeling.

Yet another story.......

This happened at the Star Wars Con a few months back.

These goth lookin' folk were like hoggin the machine nonstop. Basically, they put in credit after credit after credit and kept playing accordingly, playing all the credits while a long-ass line was gettin' p.o.ed.

I put one in......BIG mistake.

When my turn was up, they were all like"uh....excuse me. It's our turn. we had credits in there" While I was trying to explain to them that we like to be polite and take proper turns, that being you play ONE TIME and get off until the next one, they went into a bitch fest and tried to start a fight with me.

So, I did the only logial thing at the time.......I snitched on the bastards.

Afterwards they tried to apologize to me. I accepted........

Right before they got booted out. :D

Lesson here: DON'T DO said "BULLSHIT" and there will be no BULLSHIT.