How did you get into DDR?

Moderator: Moderators

MSGAddict
Standard
Standard

started...

Post by MSGAddict » Fri May 27, 2005 11:34 am

I started about 5 years ago at my cousins. She had gotten it the second after it came out in US. I think... Well, I played there a ton and then when Konamix was released, I got that then started to get good. I got Dance Dance Revolution USA about a year later. When MAX came out, I couldn't resist...
...I bought a PS2 then got the game. I got really good in my DDR MAX time. Now, here I am with mad skills and every version but MAX 2. And am eagerly awaiting the release of Extreme 2 for the internet play!

Pumeleon
Standard
Standard

Post by Pumeleon » Fri May 27, 2005 12:10 pm

I originally started playing a dancing game at "Dave and Buster's" in Marietta, GA. It was Pump it Up. I tried, sucked, couldn't make sense of the arrows, and said "Well, I'll find someone who knows how to play and have them teach me!" so I looked for a while, until I couldn't find anyone.

So in the interim, I logged on to IFPL (Internet Furry Proximity Locator) to find some furs in the area. I found a wolf on the other side of town and during an IM conversation he asked me if I play DDR. I was like "I'd like to learn."

Now here's the interesting part : His boyfriend at the time was none other than DM Ashura, and HE taught me how to play. I started playing one day, and then in about a week I was on standard. I downloaded Stepmania to learn the patterns and rhythms, and eventually (in about a month) got to heavy.

It's been about a year now, and the only song I can't pass is PSMO. :D
Penis size is inversely proportional to signature size.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sat May 28, 2005 1:59 am

Before I became enlightened, I used to make fun of DDR players and how they "had no life" and how they "just memorized arrows." I said these things, but deep within me there was a lust to just get up there and tear it up. One winter day in 2003, I went over to my friend's house, who had just gotten DDR and two madcatz pads. I remember it clearly, the mystifying music of healing vision, my first song, and it took me by the throat and told me it was my daddy. I didn't know what to do, so the next day I bought the PS2 version, and started playing every night with one of my good friends and would play around 4 hours a night at least. We got to standard in just about 3 weeks, and shortly afterwards, we were playing burning heat and rhythm and police. It's nothing short of a TV soap opera... ugh I need to go to sleep...
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.