How did you get into DDR?

Moderator: Moderators

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Re: ...

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:08 pm

letshavetea wrote:
Darkstarwebstar wrote:i just went out and was llooking for a new game and sae ddr so i blew like 60 dollars on a game and pad and still have both of those to this day. but that was a year and 1.2 ago so i should get a better pad.
yea same here... i still have my orriginal pads (but mine are like... 3.5 years old) neither of them work now... and so im going to nail them to my wall :P
cool
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

UmmeiGenkai
Standard
Standard

Post by UmmeiGenkai » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:56 pm

one of my friends got introduced then draged me with her and i fell in love. it was about a year and a half ago that i started. i was really slow moving... i'm still jsut playing sevens and eights, and a couple nines. mostly eights. i need to practice for the ddr-a-thon so as not to embarrass myself again

DDRWayne
Light
Light

Post by DDRWayne » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:07 pm

i got hooked about 6 months ago when one of my friend's friend's told us about it. Then everyone in our group of friends started to play and i was just thinking all of these people are crazy. i did like 3 songs on beginner mode and failed them all horribly. i just watched my friends keep playing for about another month or two until i tried it again on light mode. Now i'm better than them all HAHA
I am the greatest DDR player ever........except for him.......oh and that guy........and the group of people over there.........

XenophonicScream
Light
Light

Post by XenophonicScream » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:08 pm

I was standing on the DDR pads watching someone play a different arcade game, and my friend thought I wanted to play it, screamed at me to turn around and pretty much forced me to play x___x I think it was "Speed Over Beethoven" on beginner, which I recently AA'd on heavy :D

This was in June of last year, so I still have about 3 1/2 months till I'll have been playing for a year :)
/kæ
Body Modification Is NOT A Crime.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:30 am

I was in 6th grade (now in 10) my friends Dane and Drew(twins) were like DDR is the SHITE!!! So im like WTH i find a machine at random at Fun Spot and i played Twilight Zone on light........got...........owned...........then loved it i aas many people without a job got MANY soft pads after purchaseing DDRMaXX2 then just yesterday got a Dual Platform RO Ignition now i have been upsince 2 am playin till now and i still love it $300 out of my pocket that i now owe my Grama THANKS DANE AND DREW :twisted:

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:16 pm

I got on the stage and started playing(seriously).

End.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Crotis Jivefunk
Standard
Standard

Post by Crotis Jivefunk » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:15 pm

went to ben and ari's with friends a few weeks ago to watch a friend's band. they were playing it while they waited, so i gave it a try. i liked it, so i started going a few times a week.

aao_sedah
Light
Light

Post by aao_sedah » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:53 am

It was almost two years ago that I got into it. I saw one of the machines at the arcade and decided to try it. I sucked at first and stoped playing it. A month later I tried it agin, and ended up with a huge crowd of people around me. It was awsome.
A wise monkey never monkeys around with another monkey's monkey.

Pink Pheonix
Standard
Standard

Post by Pink Pheonix » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:53 pm

Well the first time i had actually seen DDR was....the summer 2001. Someone that knew my boyfriend at the time had been talking to me on the net most of the summer. So once i got back home from vacation i met up w/ this guy and a bunch of his friends at the arcade and i watched them play. All i remember is my jaw dropped when i saw em play. And then they were like "You try you try!". Heh, i didn't. The arcade is insanely intimidating when you've never played. Flash forward to November 2004. My friends wanted to go hang out at Chad's. So we get there and i hear this loud stomping. I was like wtf? And then i thought, "whoa, i haven't seen this for about 3 years". They had me try it. And i was addicted. *sigh* I remember the day the red octane pad was taken away...
One time, at Latvian camp...

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:19 pm

Pink Pheonix wrote:Well the first time i had actually seen DDR was....the summer 2001. Someone that knew my boyfriend at the time had been talking to me on the net most of the summer. So once i got back home from vacation i met up w/ this guy and a bunch of his friends at the arcade and i watched them play. All i remember is my jaw dropped when i saw em play. And then they were like "You try you try!". Heh, i didn't. The arcade is insanely intimidating when you've never played. Flash forward to November 2004. My friends wanted to go hang out at Chad's. So we get there and i hear this loud stomping. I was like wtf? And then i thought, "whoa, i haven't seen this for about 3 years". They had me try it. And i was addicted. *sigh* I remember the day the red octane pad was taken away...

You started to cry... as if you'd never be able to play again.

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:14 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Pink Pheonix wrote:Well the first time i had actually seen DDR was....the summer 2001. Someone that knew my boyfriend at the time had been talking to me on the net most of the summer. So once i got back home from vacation i met up w/ this guy and a bunch of his friends at the arcade and i watched them play. All i remember is my jaw dropped when i saw em play. And then they were like "You try you try!". Heh, i didn't. The arcade is insanely intimidating when you've never played. Flash forward to November 2004. My friends wanted to go hang out at Chad's. So we get there and i hear this loud stomping. I was like wtf? And then i thought, "whoa, i haven't seen this for about 3 years". They had me try it. And i was addicted. *sigh* I remember the day the red octane pad was taken away...

We wanted to play drinking games with ddr!
I'm IndyDDR's Favourite #1 Bitch

Pink Pheonix
Standard
Standard

Post by Pink Pheonix » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:44 pm

dancing queen iu wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:
We wanted to play drinking games with ddr!
Oh great...we had to bring it up again. :shock: *sigh*
One time, at Latvian camp...

Jensito
Light
Light

o.O

Post by Jensito » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:47 pm

Oh yeah, well me about 4 months ago..I had heard of it..saw it..played it..decided Beginner was WAAYYYY too easy..got on Light..got 4 A's...was happy...now I play a lot. >.> I am currently on Heavy kickin arse..xD
o.O DDR freak..meh..uhm..nothin else special. I can make sites and games...meh. Aren't I boring?

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Sun May 15, 2005 1:04 pm

yea same here... i still have my orriginal pads (but mine are like... 3.5 years old) neither of them work now... and so im going to nail them to my wall

I already did that two years ago :shock: they look awsome under a black light :D

Vince
Standard
Standard

Post by Vince » Sun May 15, 2005 4:52 pm

Someone was playing SM in a computer class back in my senior year of HS... I started playing it, got good, then just recently I caved in and finally started playing DDR.
-Vince
"I was seein this real good lookin woman for about six weeks until somebody stole the binoculars out of my truck." ~Larry the Cable Guy