chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

So I heard a rumor...

Post by chocobojoe » Mon May 16, 2005 12:16 am

Actually I read it....
http://www.livejournal.com/users/qkumbr/429329.html

Plus to add to the rumor...
http://www.paulaterry.com her latest news seems a little suspicious...
Seeing how Naoki is allegedly "taking a break" from producing bemani music and how he doesn't work on songs for home mixes anymore (at least to my knowledge)

DISCUSS, MY CHILDREN!

tang
Standard
Standard

Post by tang » Mon May 16, 2005 1:22 am

yra..I read about it onkyddr earlier..this shall be interesting...

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon May 16, 2005 2:15 am

This sort of rumor has popped up before every major game exhibition since Extreme started getting remotely old. There is some evidence that they may actually have something planned this time, though (hence why they sued Roxor).

Oh, and unbootleggable my ass. Extreme was supposedly "unbootleggable" too. I give them 6 months if they're still using S573 and the old digital I/O board. If they changed hardware completely, it'll be "unbootleggable" simply by way of being the only game to run on the new hardware.

Hopefully it won't be like DS: Fusion (which is Extreme US with a few different songs, stuck in an arcade cabinet). I'd really like to see them have fun and do some crazy mod stuff, tempo changers (go play Wax crazy on Pump and tell me the temp changes aren't awesomely fun), etc. There's so much potential (esp. if they upgrade the hardware to something PS2 based), that I hope they take major advantage of it. I want to see something like Trick x10 (not that I can pass Trick :-), except maybe not quite so stupid at the end. ITG's Caddywhopus had the right idea. Throw in some crazy tempo changer action, and you've got a fun combo. Oh, and spins and hands. Must have spins and hands (mines are optional). Pump has had em' for a long time (hands, that is). DDR needs them.

The only issue with a new Japanese release (especially if it's "unbootleggable") is getting it here in the US. Unless Betson manages to get their hands on some, you'll be stuck trying to buy them (new) from Japan directly. Quite possible, but you pay a premium (on top of what is probably already a very expensive new cabinet, since we have all their old ones here stateside now) to do that, and many arcades (especially around here) probably won't be willing to pony up. There's always the possibility of a real US release, but with KCEA not having an arcade divison, that's not likely. Even if there was one, it would likely be neutered of all the licensed tracks as well :(
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon May 16, 2005 2:58 am

I say it's bootlegged within 2 weeks, 3 tops. If Microsoft can't make "unbootleggable" software, Konami sure as hell can't.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon May 16, 2005 10:53 am

I realized that I completely forgot about the possibility of conversion kits. If they make those, we may actually see some of these in the US (though probably not as commonly as Extreme and MAX2 are right now).

I should upgrade a machine to Extreme ][ now. User walks up and sees the flashy new Marquee that says "DDR Extreme ][", they put their money in and it proudly announces "Dance Dance Revolution - Extreme...TWO!", they hit the start button and the warning screen comes up, but it says "COMING SOON!" and the announcer says "Everybody's waiting for it!", then the machine locks cold.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

Conor
Light
Light

Post by Conor » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:34 am

MonMotha. damn thats hilarious. you would make so much money. you would also get a lot of death threats.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:35 pm

actually

windows xp's activation system has yet to have been cracked. windows xp and 2003 are verified by a loophole in how it works. A simple patching fixed this in longhorn which is why you don't see activation cracks nomo
insert code compile execute return

Pumeleon
Standard
Standard

Post by Pumeleon » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:42 am

Okay, sorry to feed the necropost, but I have something PERTINENT.

I heard from a very reliable and high-profile source within the in-house music production team at Konami that there will be a DDR ARCADE LOCATION TEST in Japan in September.

Given who it was from (I shall NOT divulge this information, because he wasn't supposed to tell anyone), I'm pretty much going to have to believe my source.

In a few days, I can get the city in which the location test will occur, and I will post this information.

Trip to Japan, anyone? :lol:
Penis size is inversely proportional to signature size.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:02 pm

Dammit, all the cool shit comes out once I leave Japan. Happy Sky, new DDR...wtf!? I couldn't even find a fscking Toy's March machine...
A normality test:
+++ATH

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:41 pm

MonMotha wrote:Dammit, all the cool shit comes out once I leave Japan. Happy Sky, new DDR...wtf!? I couldn't even find a fscking Toy's March machine...
And you didn't play Boong-Ga Boong-Ga either!

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:59 pm

boon-ga boon-ga is the only arcade game i have a desire to try. i want to try fisting it, shoving my foot up the ass and any objects that i have on hand
insert code compile execute return

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:26 am

Ho wrote:And you didn't play Boong-Ga Boong-Ga either!
...brings a whole new meaning to the term bar raping....
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:36 am

jus so its said that kcumber guy or whatever LJ you linked from, he is a total fucking idiot. I met him in PA when I went to a few tournaments there, and hes an absolute dick to anybody better than him. He basically avoided Me, DJStunna, Xavier, and Pirin when we went on a Roadtrip to 1 tournament.

Hes full of shit too :)

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Post by pkmnx » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:15 am

I saw a Toy's March in Japan.

Discuss. >_>

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:27 am

pkmnx wrote:I saw a Toy's March in Japan.

Discuss. >_>
Yes, but did you play it?

(If you answer no, I may have to take a drive to smack you around a little. ;))