DDR and the popularity of it

Moderator: Moderators

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

DDR and the popularity of it

Post by letshavetea » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:42 pm

As some of you may remember on the old boards i made a thread saying how im trying to spread DDR around town here... and well I just wanted to say that im still trying to get people around here to play it more and more :)

Earlier this week I had a demonstration speech in English class. I brought in my PS2 and DDR mats and did my whole speech part of it... then we got to play DDR for the rest of the hour :P afterwards a lot of the people in the class asked about it and how much it costs to get it...

Well i was wondering if anyone knows of a CHEAP starter pack for DDR that gets you ENTIRELY set up... or one where the person already has a PS2?

BladeFist87
Standard
Standard

Post by BladeFist87 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:24 pm

a PS2 DDR Extreme with one mat runs 60$ @ Target....if thats any help...

And the answer is: Yes, I did in fact, jack this idea from OrangeLounger. Booya.

tang
Standard
Standard

Post by tang » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:15 am

If you want you can alwayd go to level6.com and get a nice pad for 35 bucks.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:08 am

I'd say go for DDRMAX2 and the Levelsix gear as it's the best choice in terms of cashwise.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:43 am

I've seen the DDR Ultramix (yeah, the one for XBox, which I know wasn't brought up, but there has to be an XBox owner interested, right?) pack with the game and a pad for around $60.

And since it's only partly on topic, did any of you buy the Extreme game with the Konami pad? Is the pad any good? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy Extreme that way, or just purchase the game (as I already have one pad, but my pad blows. x_x).
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:36 pm

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:I've seen the DDR Ultramix (yeah, the one for XBox, which I know wasn't brought up, but there has to be an XBox owner interested, right?) pack with the game and a pad for around $60.

And since it's only partly on topic, did any of you buy the Extreme game with the Konami pad? Is the pad any good? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy Extreme that way, or just purchase the game (as I already have one pad, but my pad blows. x_x).
In the world of softpads, I'd put that Konami pad up there. I got to play on one while I was working at Gamerush... it's alright, not TOO much slippage... but I also hadn't beat on it for like, three hours.

Soft pads suck. End of disscussion.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:34 pm

ddr is actually popular, just nobody plays in the arcades or posts here(other than us) because they dont play often and aren't that good.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:18 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:ddr is actually popular, just nobody plays in the arcades or posts here(other than us) because they dont play often and aren't that good.
Did you actually read any of the other posts? Or did you just decide to pop in and be annoying?

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed May 25, 2005 1:29 pm

Like I said earlier, I am trying to spread DDR around here. Well I'm starting to see success because my health teacher (I gave a speach in his class on weight loss last year and played DDR to demonstrate that video games can make you lose weight) and he told the health teacher at the Jr. High and they have a PS2 with DDR EX and 2 pads. Although I think it is illegal to make someone pay to play with a PS2 pad like that (isnt it?) its still cool and I'm glad that DDR is starting to catch on around here.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Thu May 26, 2005 9:07 pm

Yeah, I found it pretty cool that gym in my little brother's elementary school offers DDR as a form of exercise for the children.

Am so proud of my little brat (erm...Joshua), too. He plays at home on my pad, and he can hand any kid in his school their ass when it comes to playing DDR.

*Pinches Joshie's cheeks!*
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sat May 28, 2005 1:54 am

letshavetea wrote:Like I said earlier, I am trying to spread DDR around here. Well I'm starting to see success because my health teacher (I gave a speach in his class on weight loss last year and played DDR to demonstrate that video games can make you lose weight) and he told the health teacher at the Jr. High and they have a PS2 with DDR EX and 2 pads. Although I think it is illegal to make someone pay to play with a PS2 pad like that (isnt it?) its still cool and I'm glad that DDR is starting to catch on around here.
as far as I know, it is not illegal... you own the rights to the game and pads. I would believe there'd be a disclaimer or some FBI mumbo jumbo if it were not to be used at any point for commercial profit. The laws are a bit hazy in that area, you'd have to then ask if it's illegal to charge someone to play any PS2 game... I believe that it is legal... but if you get arrested, don't come to me for bail. When I was attempting to build my metal pads, I was planning on opening a mini-arcade, where it's extremely cheap to play. Unfortunately, after spending around $100 on the pad, I couldn't get the sensors to work without breaking every 5 minutes of playing.... oh well..... but yea... go for the money...
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Sat May 28, 2005 7:47 pm

is it just me or does it seem DDR is kinda dying down a bit???
Team KIMO represent!