I'M BACK! WITH NEW AND IMPROVED CABINET ERRORS!

Moderator: Moderators

TaQa
Standard
Standard

I'M BACK! WITH NEW AND IMPROVED CABINET ERRORS!

Post by TaQa » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi friends! It's been a while...

As some of you may know, I own a DDR Extreme cabinet, and I also am not that savvy with figuring out how to resolve the issues that come with it! I've had my machine for a few years now, and about 1.5ish years ago, I was getting an error asking me to replace my security cartridge, which instead of doing, I considered different options, only to put everything to the side for what I thought would be about a month (and here we are...).

I'm really interested in getting my machine back up-and-running, and am back to exploring options. The only options I'm really aware of are getting a MiniMaid, or to replace the cartridge. Either of these would be fine with me. However, before we dive into that, I'd like to make sure I can replicate the error, which I can't! It hit's a different error prior to getting to the security cartridge check (Error 189, unknown cabinet). I figure something came loose when I moved the machine, but all of the places I would think to check appear to have their connections secure (the two connectors inbetween the two pads, the three connectors leaving the stage, and the three connectors entering the machine). Any chance anybody could point me to what else might be an issue on this one?

Thanks guys!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I'M BACK! WITH NEW AND IMPROVED CABINET ERRORS!

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:36 pm

I'd say you probably just need a more forgiving bootleg from the pig site that doesn't check for a lot of those things. You may still have issues once you get booted up, but the more recent (relative term) bootlegs tend to get going in spite of problems that may be present. At that point whatever was causing the error 189 may reveal itself as you find out what's not working.

Also, welcome back! :D

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:45 pm

Thanks Ho :D

Question 1: What is the pig site? Are install instructions intuitive/clear?

Question 2: Should I have leftover pizza or tacos for dinner?

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:16 am

I think the unknown cabinet error is generated if the 573 can't detect the pads - make sure the pad I/O board and its wires are all securely connected, I believe the I/O board is on the 1P side underneath the metal panel that is closest to the pad umbilical.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:18 am

Yes, "unknown cabinet" means it couldn't find the stage IO boards. Said modern bootlegs are usually patched so as to not even bother checking for that, though you may have other issues depending on what's causing it once the game boots.

Also, if you want a minimaid, I might be able to hook you up with a source.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.