does anyone know how redoctane soft pads?

Moderator: Moderators

Gumby
Standard
Standard

does anyone know how redoctane soft pads?

Post by Gumby » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:01 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows enough about the workings of a Redoctane Ignition 2.0 pad to fix a frizzled or "sticky" arrow? Is it worth fixing or is it just easier/cheaper to buy a new pad? If anyone knows how to easily fix one without tearing up the pad I could contract someone to fix a couple of them.
I don't fear death; I fear not living.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:42 pm

There are two types of damage to an Ignition I've noticed in my experience with them with the Rose club:

1. The wires connecting it to the playstation get wonky and it stops working altogether or only works sometimes. However, this will affect every button. Note that the lights (LEDs) on the pad (if you have one of the older, non X-Box compatible ones) will still light up when you hit a button.

2. The pad gets physically damaged.

#1 is fixable with a soldering iron and some wire cutters. Just hack about 6" off the cable, open up the box at the top of the pad, and solder the wires frmo the cable back into the same place as the old ones were. You'll lose your strain relief, so be careful with it, but it's a 5 minute fix for a $100 pad.

#2 is pretty much not fixable. They use capacative sensors (just like the cheap ones) that are pretty much not user-servicable in any way.

Hope this helps.