Who wants to design a marquee?

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Who wants to design a marquee?

Post by Merk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:06 am

As you all know I have a new DDR machine and in the next coming weeks I will be fixing it up and bringing it up to the standard of "playable." My marquee arrived off the shipping truck torn to pieces to the point where the plastic marquee panel and the Max2 marquee behind it were effectively trash. While this isn't necessarily game-breaking, it does look shitty and it gives me an opportunity to put up my own custom-made marquee.

In the spirit of community spirit, I'd like to make an open request for anyone here to design and post a marquee! Things to keep in mind:

* The marquee is 53.0W x 68.4D (source: http://www.arcadespareparts.com/arcade_ ... 12119.html)
* You will have to use vector graphics otherwise your image will look shitty and grainy when it gets printed out.
* This is going in a private residence so it doesn't need to be family-friendly but I am not going to put a giant picture of a dick on my DDR machine
* I will post sweet, sweet pics for everyone to enjoy when the marquee is in the cabinet

With all that being said, I fully expect no one to create anything and I'm going to go with my "just print out the IndyDDR.com logo on a white background and slap it into the marquee" idea. For that idea, I have two questions:

1) Where can I print out a 53 x 68 logo?
2) Is the indyDDR.com logo "vectorized" and will it look like shit if I print it out?

Reflectivity
Standard
Standard

Re: Who wants to design a marquee?

Post by Reflectivity » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:19 pm

I would love to!
I'm a bit new to DDR (and the community). If you could link me to some official marquees that would be great, and it would also give me a starting point :D

If you are unhappy with my result though, I can always make your idea for you.
Answering 2): Unless the person who has made the logo in the first place has a vector file around, it is NOT a vector, it is an image. This means you (or someone else) would have to vector it again so it could be blown up to the size you want (without sacrificing any quality, of course! :D)

JzN
Standard
Standard

Post by JzN » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:45 pm

Did anyone actually send anything in or did you settle for the dick?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:11 am

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:42 am

MerkMerkRevolution

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:47 am

Merk-A-Thon 4

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:16 am

Is there a place on the internet where I can get a marquee printed out and shipped to me or am I actually going to have to go out of my way and talk to a real ass human being and ask them to print out this little picture that Reflectivity posted on IRC.

Speaking of which, does anyone have the original image Reflectivity posted in IRC or am I stuck using the little Chad photoshop that he posted in this thread?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:48 am

That was a Riot orig. There was a section in that byoac book on marquees. Remind me sometime and we can look it up.

Reflectivity
Standard
Standard

Post by Reflectivity » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:45 pm

Sorry for the late response. >.<
If you want something different, let me know.
If you do pay me for this it will go towards buying me a new dance pad (mine's busted :I)
http://i.imgur.com/RfXc1JB.png