Happy birthday, Extreme!

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Happy birthday, Extreme!

Post by Merk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Christmas is almost here which means that DDR Extreme has turned 11 years old. 11 years later and it's still the best mix. Let's talk about our favorite Extreme moments!

I remember Wayne Rec, a bowling alley in Fort Wayne, was the surprisingly first place to get Extreme - even before Putt-Putt. For the first and last time Wayne Rec was a relevant arcade since Putt-Putt got Extreme shortly thereafter. But man, for like two weeks Wayne Rec was the place to be. I didn't have a car so I had to depend on one of my friends (who later become a psycho) to get there and I think I only got to play there once or twice. Being a bowling alley the machine was in awful condition and the music was essentially inaudible so of course everyone would fuck up songs like Stoic and Saint Goes Marching.

And that was my first experience with Extreme.

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Happy birthday, Extreme!

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:12 am

Here's a few:

* My first AAA on Kind Lady. I was so feeling myself. I ran a lap around the arcade and made way too big a production out of it.

* I slipped and fell during the end jumps in Afronova. I was so mad I kicked the machine then stormed off.

* Hanging out at Lazerlite with the locals arguing about who would pay 25 cents for a pitcher of water.

Extreme was definitely the mix I sunk the most time into. If only there were a cabinet nearby... :(

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:35 am

First played Extreme in January 2004 over at Gameworks (now Tilt) during an Indianapolis stop when I was on leave after graduating boot camp. Played regularly when we had an arcade nearby until it shut down.

Wait, that was almost ten years ago....

Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Flynn Scifo
Light
Light

Post by Flynn Scifo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:45 pm

My favorite Extreme moment was trying the Legend of MAX for the first time. Even though it was on Beginner, I still found it to be a challenge back then. And I don't think I even passed it...