Other DDR Forums

Moderator: Moderators

DarkSaiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Other DDR Forums

Post by DarkSaiyan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:50 am

Hey guys! I've only been a member here for a day, but already people seem SUPER helpful and friendly. I'm recently bought a DDR arcade machine and am in the process of refurbishing to new condition (I'll start a thread and post my progress as I go). My question is; Are there any other good DDR forums out there? It seems like DDRFreak.com hasn't been posted to in years. I'm specifically looking for the arcade machine side of things, but the DDR community has always been pretty awesome.

One random question. I've been a member of bemanistyle.com for over a month and still cannot post new threads or reply to current ones. I've tried emailing the moderator several times but have received no response. Anyone here a member there and can tell me what I need to do in order to post there? Thanks!

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Other DDR Forums

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:36 pm

There is a Facebook group you might be interested in joining.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/180601838781725/

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:41 pm

I'm a member on bemanistyle, but I can't say I've ever been very active there. I don't recall there being any particular requirement to post, so either that's something new or they're having some sort of issue.

There's a Facebook group for people that own cabinets that has been pretty active lately. I think I can invite you to it if you friend me on Facebook.

Several people like yourself have been coming here for tech help with machines in the last couple years or so. I think it's kind of ironic that what was originally a pretty regionally focused site has turned had more new members from out of state and even out of the country in its recent history. But whatever...I'm glad if we can still be relevant in some way for anyone.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:13 pm

This site will always be relevant for me. Always and forever.

DarkSaiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DarkSaiyan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Thanks for the link. I just requested to be a member of that Facebook group.

You know, I remember playing DDR at the arcade about 10 years ago. Lots of local groups and interest back then (I'm in Seattle). It's too bad that it's died off, but that's the natural course of things. Now that I have the space and the means (it's expensive to own a DDR machine at the age of 18) I finally got one. Of course now, information is harder to come by and parts are all older and harder to source. This machine I have will be a good learning experience though. I'll try to help out anyway I can as I learn more. I'll be posting a thread a bit later with photos of my ongoing project. Hopefully it'll help others who in similar shoes and are just buying machines and rebuilding them apart.

For anyone that's interested, I purchased my machine about a month ago and it arrived at my house just two weeks ago. It's in ok shape, not great, but not terrible. I'm not sure which mix it was originally but it was converted to ITG. The seller informed me that it was in a convention center in Sacramento, CA and the power went out there and fried the system unit. So he sold it to me cheap. As a result I am without that unit and looking for one. Not in a huge rush though. I have a lot of other things to do. My goal is to completely overhaul that machine and bring it back to "like new" condition. I just finished completely disassembling the right side pad (it was beyond filthy) and going to start on the left today. Lots of stripped screws due to the age. Future items to do (other than just physically reconditioning it) include countersinking all the screws, adapting a flatscreen to it, and hooking it up to a PC to run StepMania. Hopefully I'll be able to get it to switch between real DDR and PC. Any questions, let me know!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:26 pm

You've got about 5 hours to jump on this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141078987185?ss ... 1423.l2649

It might go up in the closing minutes/seconds, but it's pretty darn reasonable at $102.50 right now. I was thinking about getting it for myself as a spare, but I've got enough other pending projects that I should probably focus on vs. obtaining more parts for something that's actually working.

DarkSaiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DarkSaiyan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Damn. Thanks for looking that up! I've been looking all morning but under different keywords. I'm stalking it now. As long as it does go above $300 I'm in.

JzN
Standard
Standard

Post by JzN » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:31 pm

I just recently refurbed my machine with help from members here.

one advice i can give is DONT ORDER FROM UNIARCADE. i just got jibbed $170AUD i ordered new arrows and light inverters which never came. I tired to contact them again (for 3 months now) and they just ignore me since they've been paid.

learn from my mistakes. Don't trust China!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:45 pm

JzN wrote:I just recently refurbed my machine with help from members here.

one advice i can give is DONT ORDER FROM UNIARCADE. i just got jibbed $170AUD i ordered new arrows and light inverters which never came. I tired to contact them again (for 3 months now) and they just ignore me since they've been paid.

learn from my mistakes. Don't trust China!
Makes two of us. They goofed up an order of DrumMania parts.

JzN
Standard
Standard

Post by JzN » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:07 pm

Not trying to hijack this thread but was there any other place i can get the arrow covers?

Also did they goof up the order by sending you the wrong thing or just nothing at all?

How long ago was this? My order was in april 2013.