Just got my cabinet

Moderator: Moderators

Xaero252
Beginner
Beginner

Just got my cabinet

Post by Xaero252 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:44 pm

First post; and well, I am now the proud owner of an improperly labelled DDR Extreme cabinet (DDR Max2 Marquee and a hodge-podge of Max/Extreme graphics) At any rate, I'm happy to let everyone know where I'm at, in Oak Harbor, Washington!
Unfortunately... My cabinet is in moderately terrible condition function-wise (physical condition is fair, and most of the graphics are in excellent condition)
For one... My monitor doesn't work, I think I can hear it hum, but I most certainly don't hear the signature whine of a CRT powering on, nor do I hear cap whine, nor is the tube glowing... I metered the 120v line going to the monitor and its got proper voltage, however the other 2 pin connector has zero voltage, so I'm almost certain thats the culprit - however I don't know where it even plugs in or what it should be reading >< I lack proper wiring documentation (i.e. incl voltage)...
From there, the pads are in... atrocious condition. I don't think they've ever been cleaned... ever. The 12-pin connector between 1p and 2p is partially destroyed, luckily thats just a quick trip to RadioShack and a few minutes of my time... I'm certain about half of the sensors are shot, though I have no real means of confirming this other than metering them, so I'll be purchasing a full set of new sensors once the pay normalizes again. From there things could use a paint-job and some soak time in some mild soapy water.
And finally, the subwoofer neons do not illuminate. I think I found out why, but I don't know for sure, I followed the grey/black wire from the inverter back to a 6-pin cable that wasn't plugged in, but I have no clue where it should be plugged in... theres no open 6-pin on the System 573 box, and the Amp wires are all on the bottom so I can't really see anything right now.

Anyways, any advice on the Subwoofer lights and screen would be much appreciated. If you wanna come take a look at my cab, drop me a PM and I'll be more than happy to reply with a good time and my address/phone number! Once I get it up and running, I'll be throwing a free-play all day party of sorts (I guess if you wanna call it that) And when I get my mini-maid I'll be converting this cab to OpenITG for the remainder of its lifetime.
Thanks for reading my wall of text, and thanks for any assistance you guys can provide!

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Just got my cabinet

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:47 pm

Bumping on this dude's behalf. Can someone point him in the right direction?

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:26 pm

How much did this dude pay for this machine? It sounds like it was extremely beat up

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:37 am

Is this a Japanese or Korean cabinet?

As far as the monitor goes, you should have AC line voltage (i.e. ~120VAC) on the blue/brown wires. The two big red wires on the same harness actually go to the degauss switch. I would typically expect to find 120V on them as well, if you meter it with the switch open, but it'll depend on several factors. If the monitor's not the original, then it probably wasn't even wired up. Colors mentioned refer to the Japanese cabinet wiring. The Korean cabinets have different (and generally inferior) wiring.

Do you know what model monitor it is? If not, a picture of the chassis boardset would help. I'm reasonably familiar with the original Japanese monitor (the Toshiba one) as well as most popular replacements, but I don't know much about the original monitor found in Korean cabinets (the Hong Eun).

As far as sensors, if you do want to replace them, just bite the bullet and buy them from Betson. They will give you a discount if you buy a full set, and they're way better than the ones you get from most of the China "replacement DDR parts" outfits, in my experience. In the end, it doesn't even cost much more due to the outrageous shipping and payment (e.g. wire, Western Union, etc.) costs when buying direct from China. You may not need to replace them, but it rarely hurts. Making sure everything's clean and in mechanically working order does wonders. You may find http://www.indyddr.com/features/stage.htm useful.

I can probably give you more hints on the neons once I know what region cabinet you have. The Japanese and Korean ones are completely different in this regard, unfortunately. If you can get me pictures of this 6-pin cable and the back of your System 573, I may be able to give some pointers.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

DarkSaiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DarkSaiyan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Hey! I just wanted to chime in and say good luck with the cabinet. I just bought one and am located in Kirkland, WA. A bit of a drive, but could be useful maybe in the future if we run into questions or just want to bulk order parts. :)

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:36 am

Thanks for the ocular update!