Japan Beta Test for new DDR game.

Moderator: Moderators

WyomingMyst
Standard
Standard

Japan Beta Test for new DDR game.

Post by WyomingMyst » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:23 am

Well it is all over the net, there is a new beta test in Japan for a new DDR, simply called "DanceDanceRevolution" (no subtitle name). Here is the opening song list as reported by BEMANISTYLE.COM:

Songlist
Tommie Sunshine - Ah La La La ?BPM SP[1/5/7/12] DP[?/?/?]
jun feat.DJ Silver vs Milo ft. Becca Hossany - Back in Your Arms 132BPM SP[2/5/8/10] DP[?/?/?]
REDALICE feat. anporin - Beautiful Dreamer ?BPM SP[3/7/9/12] DP[?/?/?]
Brooke - Everything I Need 130BPM SP[1/4/6/9] DP[?/?/?]
nc ft.SAK - Find the Way 165BPM SP[3/7/10/12] DP[?/?/?]
S-C-U - heron ?BPM SP[3/6/9/12] DP[?/?/?]]
猫叉Master+ - night bird lost wing ?BPM SP[3/7/10/14] DP[?/?/?]
Harmony Machine - Sucka Lova 118BPM SP[?/?/?/?] DP[?/?/?]]

FINAL STAGE
TAG - Another Phase ?BPM SP[4/7/11/15] DP[?/?/?]
Sota F. - Blew My Mind ?BPM SP[4/9/12/16] DP[?/?/?]

NOTES & NEW FEATURES
-New mode called "TAG MODE" which is a versus mode. When the two players hit the same arrow with the same judgement, they receive a bonus. This is currently replacing the current versus mode for the location test only.
-The up and down arrows on the cabinet (not the pads) now change the music sort.
-A GOOD judgement will no longer end your combo.

Here are my thought to the mysterious new name:

I do not find it surprising to find them returning to a basic test name. It could mean two things, this name may be intended to serve to make this one of the final releases of DanceDanceRevolution. The reason I come to such a conclusion is the lack of support for the franchise in the U.S. these days (it has been over a year since the last home version [which was only for Wii]) and over two years since the limited release of DDR X2 for arcades (there has been an DDR X3, but was not released in the U.S.) and the title could imply making this a universal mix with changing song content through update packs downloaded through Konami’s e-Amusement service or manual installs. This way the game could in theory be on the market longer than a year or two (the average life span of a current mix for any BEMANI game).

The title could also imply they want to make the series available to the U.S. again since they did skip X3. I strongly suggest we write to Konami, our distributors and arcade operators if we want to see this newest title on U.S. shores. (You can find Konami’s mailing address on their website.)

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Japan Beta Test for new DDR game.

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:30 am

Semi-relevant - Taiko did the same thing after 14. There was also a significant hardware change at that time. I don't know if other arcade games have done this as well.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:39 am

DDR died after Extreme came out. I am convinced that every mix after Extreme is just a part of some horrible fever dream that I've been living for the last nine years.

But to contribute, aren't all the new cabinets God awful or is that just exclusive to the US? I'm talking about the pads specifically, I know the JP cabs have some weird side speaker attachments that never made it over to the US but I could not care less about that. Didn't they move over to some new UI with X2 to match a console release that's akin to 4th mix's UI? Man that was a bad decision - why do these motherfuckers keep trying to reinvent themselves?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:44 am

Having visited Japan and played on the new cabinets introduced with DDR X myself, I can report that they not only look absolutely gorgeous but play every bit as well as the classic design. The US DDR X cabinets share only a vague resemblance to the Japanese cabinets in both aesthetic and function. I don't think the two designs even share any parts--including the internal hardware that the game runs on.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:45 am

Nothing good is made in America anymore I am moving to Canada fuck this shit.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:46 am

Merk wrote:Nothing good is made in America anymore I am moving to Canada fuck this shit.
See ya.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:51 am

Shit, I just read that nothing good is made in Canada either except for fishing poles and hunting rifles. I'm definitely NOT going to go to Mexico (I'm not a big Pump It Up guy) so it looks like I'm stuck here. Shucks....

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Merk wrote:Nothing good is made in America anymore I am moving to Canada fuck this shit.
...and nothing of value was lost.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:
...and nothing of value was lost.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:25 am

Oh shit, its Merk's personal white knight and stooge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGL_HzuqOAw&feature=plcp
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!