573 question

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Re: 573 question

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:54 am

Have you tried putting in my 573 to see if USA will run?

Edit: Since we're sure it worked at one point, it might be a good test.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:04 am

................ Yes

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:33 am

Might have been worth posting then durrrr since you can't seem to figure this out on your own.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:44 am

You see when I said "Yes" in response to your "Have you plugged the USA 573 back into the cabinet" that was a complete lie.

BUT I have a very strong suspicion that it won't work, I am going to appeal to authority here and say that Brandon it totally right in his assessment that the monitor went berserk after hooking it up to the minimaid and it "forgot" how to handle signals from the 573 so it just changes all its brightness/contrast/whatever levels to 0.

I'm mainly concerned with how long it would take for MonMotha to provide us with a sweet, sweet remote because we should have one anyway since adjusting brightness and shit on a monitor is a great feature that we're currently lacking.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:07 pm

You might actually want to perform that test. It would provide very valuable information.

That said, it still wouldn't rule out EEPROM corruption on that monitor. That model is famous for it. It has nothing to do with switching inputs; it just happens randomly. It usually takes all the settings (on every mode) out, though.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Yes, I will test it this weekend.

With that being said, let's assume I still get no picture with the DDR USA 573, what time frame are we looking at in getting that sweet, sweet remote? I will beat any price.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:38 am

So uh, any word on this? I got a shit load of money, if we could make this happen sometime this week I would be absolutely ecstatic.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:32 am

durrrrrrr NEVERMIND I am an idiot and didn't see that Chad's little cube computer that he runs Stepmania off of had a giant VGA cable sticking out of it that plugged into his DDR cabinet's monitor. I plugged the VGA cable out of his computer, plugged it into my DM's 573, and now we can get picture and install BAMANI on it. Thank God 573s have a VGA port!

Gonna burn Extreme tonight while I wait for my DVD drive to come in and finally play the songs that I used to play 9 years ago lolololololol you can close thread.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 am

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:44 pm

So let's say, hypothetically, I've tried installing multiple games and, while most of them do install, NONE of them will play music. The announcer, crowd noises, and other auxillary sounds play just fine but absolutely none of them actually play the actual game music.

It's the weirdest thing, I figured if only one game had an issue then it might be a bad burn but I've installed three different games and each one has the same issue. Is there something completely obvious that I need to check? I have the audio cables plugged into the little Red/White audio out ports near where the I/O inputs are in the 573 and I have the other end plugged into "Line 1" in the little audio box thingy inside the cabinet. Plugging into Line 2 does not resolve the issue, obviously.

There are two little mystery outputs on the back of the 573 that look like audio outputs but they aren't colored, they are black. I tried plugging the audio cables into those instead but that only gave me no sound at all so I have no idea what those ports are for.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Check the cable that runs from the IO board in the 573 to the "CDDA Audio In" on the 573 mainboard.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:02 pm

I will give it a look after work tomorrow!

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:35 pm

That fixed it, Adrian's 573 that he gave me did not even have the cable between the I/O board and the CDDA pins so I ganked the one off my DrumMania 573. Thanks guys!