DanceDanceRevolution II (Wii)

Moderator: Moderators

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

DanceDanceRevolution II (Wii)

Post by Diamondback1996 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:39 pm

This one may be closer to the arcade versions. It will be at E3.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: DanceDanceRevolution II (Wii)

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:00 am

Not gonna lie, console DDR has pretty much always been shitty IMO. Arcade cabinets have been plentiful enough that it's cheaper, in Indiana at least, to just go to an arcade and enjoy a presumably solid mix with arcade pads.

It's not IIDX or other Bemani where there are literally no machines in the US and if you want to play the game at all you'll have to play at home.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:43 am

This one seems like it's going to be better than previous Wii versions, although when you compare it to the arcade versions...

Actually, since X it might be better to play DDR at home. :?

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:04 am

Yeah DDR after Extreme is pretty bad. Sighhhhhh

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:23 pm

It's being released on October 11th.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Not really following this, but saw this on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/dancedancerevol ... 3254580043

Checked out the new Max song and others. A lot of the songs sound pretty awesome... sounds like this mix will have a more Extreme or IIDX-esque style

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:27 pm

I played it a bit. I noticed that Goods keep your combo now and I think the timing window is even larger (could just be me playing Beet too much). Normally I'd be angry, but this is a good thing because my Wii pad is shit and likes to ghost step all the damn time. It also likes to not work half of the time. So annoying.
I can't play it seriously, but I am impressed by the charts for the licensed songs Konami decided "Maybe we shouldn't make the Expert charts as easy as old DDR Standard charts now..." Another interesting thing to note is there are two charts for every song+difficulty. A "short" version (normal DDR charts) and a "long" version (the entire song) which is a really nice inclusion IMO.
No clue how I'm going to play 888 on my Wii Pad, though.
I also played Baby by Justin Beiber ft. Ludacris and I accidentally knocked my power strip off before it saved the data... Dear god I have to play that song again...

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Pokebis wrote:Baby by Justin Beiber ft. Ludacris and I accidentally knocked my power strip off before it saved the data... Dear god I have to play that song again...
haha

Be glad it's not One Time. God I hate that song... >_> Somebody To Love is a good song though and it should have been the only Justin Beiber song.

Anyway, it sort of makes sense that goods don't break combos. I mean, they are "Goods". You could always only count Great Full Combos and up as FCs anyway. That's what happens with AAAs and PFCs.

Still haven't unlocked everything yet... But I have passed Shiny World with a C in RDa.