DDR Clinic

Moderator: Moderators

Blacktop
Standard
Standard

DDR Clinic

Post by Blacktop » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:30 pm

I've been talking with the guys at Tilt and we were thinking about hosting a DDR Clinic, where the best of IndyDDR would come in for a night to "mentor" newer players on basic (and maybe more advanced) footwork for both tech and freestyle. I was wondering what the community thought about this. Right now it's just in "idea" stage and execution is pretty much a blank slate at this point.
I'm old now

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: DDR Clinic

Post by Riot » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:03 pm

I would like to volunteer to teach Dave101 how to play tech.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Blacktop wrote:I've been talking with the guys at Tilt and we were thinking about hosting a DDR Clinic, where the best of IndyDDR would come in for a night to "mentor" newer players on basic (and maybe more advanced) footwork for both tech and freestyle. I was wondering what the community thought about this. Right now it's just in "idea" stage and execution is pretty much a blank slate at this point.
Eh, I'm not sure how much there is to teach. There may be more teachable opportunities with freestyle, but tech is one of those things that comes with practice. Short of teaching crossovers and spins, I'm not sure what else there is to demonstrate.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:31 pm

teach me how to dougie

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:57 am

I would support this if it had the chance of getting at least one person interested in freestyle. I miss seeing a show when I go out to play. Tech is boring for me to watch as there are very few techniques or achievements I haven't seen someone do at this point. That's not to say I'm able to accomplish most of them myself (nor do I really have any desire to). That's also not to say I'm not still impressed by people's ability to do these things (I can't do), but freestyle offers more opportunity for people to do something I've simply never seen before.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:47 am

Learning tech is so much easier when a training mode is available. I remember, many years ago, slowing down songs like Exotic Ethnic to learn how to do crossovers. I also recall a friend telling me that I needed to go back to standard to work on PA, rather than slop through 9 footers getting greats on every other step.

At my peak I wasn't especially good, and I'm not any good these days so take my advice for what it's worth.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Ho wrote: Tech is boring for me to watch as there are very few achievements I haven't seen someone do at this point.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sigatrev

Every week he does something incredible that nobody else will ever do
Fluffyumpkins wrote:...slowing down songs like Exotic Ethnic to learn how to do crossovers...
LOL and to learn the spins in Healing Vision ~Angelic Mix~