Got my Ignition pad today! Woo!

Moderator: Moderators

PrototypePacifist
Standard
Standard

Got my Ignition pad today! Woo!

Post by PrototypePacifist » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:18 pm

I ordered an Ignition-style pad off harts unlimited dot com, and it came today. A day earlier than it was supposed to. :D

I'm going to mod it tomorrow with a piece of 1/2 or 1/4 inch board, haven't decided yet..and one of those carpet cover things for chairs. I can feel the cracks in the foam bend when I step on them. I don't like that. I'm getting way better scores, though, and it doesn't slide much.

Ultramix is in the mail on the way to my box now, which brings up another question. Anyone know of a good PS2->Xbox converter? I can't find any anywhere and ddrfreak.com didn't help much.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:54 pm

I was pretty sure that Red Octane ignition pads had the dual cable that allowed you to use it with both PS2 and X-Box. I don't know if Lik Sang might have anything to convert it but looking there and maybe looking on froogle or ebay would turn something up.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:04 pm

The official RO Ignition pads have both PS2 and Xbox connectors, but according to Pacifist he simply bought an "Ignition-style pad" so odds are that it only has the PS2 hookup.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:34 pm

Only new RO Ignitions would have the dual hookup. Some places may have older stock without the dual connectors. Also, the new dual connector version can be incompatible with the PSX (though fine with a PS2) due to it drawing a little too much current. This will normally only happen if you hook two of them up though.

But yes, if he just bought an ebay special Ignition type thing, it's probably based on the same cheap topway board that RedOctane used to use.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:21 pm

Okay, I just read it like it was an official pad.
When you say PSX are you referring to the original playstation or the actual PSX which very few people have?

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:47 pm

I think you're confusing PSX with PSone. PSX is the original PlayStation while PSone is the newer redesigned PlayStation.

No one cares about the PSone anyway.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:53 pm

Actually, officially, what is commonly referred to as the PSX (original Playstation) is not supposed to be referred to as such (it's just the "Playstation"). The PSOne, which is the small version of the original Playstation, is named PSOne for whatever reason.

The PSX according to sony is like the Playstation Extreme or something like that. Basically, it's a giant media center DVR type thing that also plays playstation (PS2?) games. To my knowledge, it was only ever sold for the Japan region, and pretty much flopped even there due to the extremely high cost.

I'm referring to the original Playstation when I say PSX, though the redesigned PSOne would be included in there also since it's basically the same thing but in a smaller cabinet with an external power brick.

Oh, and I happen to have a PSOne. It's also known as my Dance Dance Revolution Konamix Station.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:55 pm

MonMotha wrote:The PSX according to sony is like the Playstation Extreme or something like that. Basically, it's a giant media center DVR type thing that also plays playstation (PS2?) games. To my knowledge, it was only ever sold for the Japan region, and pretty much flopped even there due to the extremely high cost.
That's what I think of whenever someone says PSX.
To add to the conversation... I never had a PSOne, but I do still have an original playstation.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:20 am

as for a converter... i have a http://www.redoctane.com/universaladapter.html that i used for a while... (i have xbox pads.. i have playstation pads.. never used it much)

i got mine from walmart for $15 ($5 less than what they have on that site) and it worked pretty nice.... i used it more for another controller for xbox... whenever someone would come over to my house who hates xbox i would hook that up and put a ps2 controller on it and make em play halo lol... then they loved it

idiots.

oh and i have both playstation and psone... both still have the orrginal boxes also :D (i collect video game crap)
Oh, and I happen to have a PSOne. It's also known as my Dance Dance Revolution Konamix Station.
haha same... or if i want to bring DDR to a friends house i just fold the ps1 inside the pad and head over there lol...

PrototypePacifist
Standard
Standard

Post by PrototypePacifist » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:03 pm

I have an original Playstation (crappy one at that..I've had it since about a week after they hit the shelves)

I got the Ignition-style pad from http://www.hartsunlimited.com, and it works great. I've had no problems with it yet, except for sliding. The sliding is due to my carpet, though..you could almost call it shag carpet. :roll:

Thanks for the link, too. :D