Does anyone here actually have a Cobalt Flux pad?

Moderator: Moderators

bscbari1
Light
Light

Post by bscbari1 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:57 pm

a pad i reccomend is the BNS V3 DDR pad on http://www.buynshop.com ; it costs about $138 for one pad and will last you for a long time.

i've had mine for one year, and the only bad thing that's happened to them (i have 2, actually) is the back buttons on both have accidentally cracked thanks to my 1st grade cousin stomping on them unnecessarily.

so as long as you don't let your litlle relatives abuse it, it will last a long time.

my pads still work, the pads are just cracked, but it doesn't bother me.

you can play in socks or shoes, but if you play barefoot there is a small chance you'll hurt your foot on a screw or a corner of the pad.

i give them a 9.5 out of 10. :)
"I don't remember being part of your crappy script." -Leon, RE4

fur-e
Beginner
Beginner

Post by fur-e » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:41 am

My CF hasn't given me any trouble.. Well finding a working adapter and driver so I could use it in StepMania was a pain. But once I had that taken care of it was all good. I like being able to play with my shoes but it does put me at a disadvantage when I play else where and they have the soft mats.. My CF doesn't move around really. Its helped me get better at the arcade as well (as rare as I go there). I found it to be worth the money. I've had mine for over a year and have only cleaned it a few times because I was bored. I've only had to bend back 1 arrow which I believe is up. I blame Boom Boom Dollar 3rd Mix (light mode) for that one. Also, only 3 other people have played on it so I guess it doesn't take a lot of abuse. ( I have very few friends. It makes my pad very happy )

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:06 am

I can't remember where Adam got his pad, but it's highly authentic, and definitely hardcore. It stands up to both our styles of gameplay (and even some new players!) Without much of a problem at all. I'll ask him about them and relay the info to you.

I love being able to play in shoes...

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:52 pm

I finally got around to ordering the arcade mod for my Flux (a matter of minutes ago). Over the summer I was out in California and played a lot on arcade machines. Since I've gotten back, I haven't really used my Flux much, and have found myself going down to Laserflash a lot more. Hopefully putting the arcade mod on my pad will get me to start using it more.

I'm also going to get a set of the official ITG2 Cobalt Flux decals printed out for it. Plaguefox (ITG developer) recently released the fullsize images for the custom decals he made, which include new character art. I'm not sure which center decal I'll use on my pad though. I'll probably just get both printed out so I can use either one. Of course, then I'll have three sets of decals for one pad (I also have custom Zim decals). Oh well, variety is fun.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

BladeFist87
Standard
Standard

Post by BladeFist87 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:34 am

the new afterburner pads kick ass, not gonna lie...2 friends on campus have got them and they are amazing...never played on a CF, but the RO is as real as an arcade pad gets without a bar

And the answer is: Yes, I did in fact, jack this idea from OrangeLounger. Booya.