Looking for official announcer files for 1-8 Mix.

Moderator: Moderators

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Looking for official announcer files for 1-8 Mix.

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:34 pm

Yo,

This is kind of an odd request, but i'm looking for all of the announcements made on 1-8 Mix. The sayings such as "Your dance is like sunshine on a cloudy day!", "Can i call you a dancin' masta!?", etc. I briefly searched Google with obviously no luck.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:37 pm

Grab a copy of the CS mixes and run a program called psound on it. You'll get just about everything you could possibly want (and sometimes some that the game seems to never use).

Failing that, do the same to the arcade CDs. I know it works there.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:38 pm

Another route is to just download StepMania theme packs and pull them from there. 3rd-5th should be all the same. I've never really decided if 1st and 2nd are actually different from 3rd-5th. They may just sound different because they're encoded differently. I haven't really played either of those mixes often or recently enough to really listen for commonalities. If it's the same guy, phrases were definitely added in later mixes. 6th-Extreme should all the be the same as well except there are a few new phrases that got added along the way in those too.

Moved to General DDR.

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:45 pm

Ho wrote:Another route is to just download StepMania theme packs and pull them from there. 3rd-5th should be all the same. I've never really decided if 1st and 2nd are actually different from 3rd-5th. They may just sound different because they're encoded differently. I haven't really played either of those mixes often or recently enough to really listen for commonalities. If it's the same guy, phrases were definitely added in later mixes. 6th-Extreme should all the be the same as well except there are a few new phrases that got added along the way in those too.

Moved to General DDR.
Yo,

Extreme seemed to be announced quite differently than Max 2 when i played it this weekend, i've yet to play a Max. I wasn't paying much attention to the gameplay announcements, but at the grades, the only thing i heard that was the same was when i got a AAA.

Edit: StepMania announcer files were what i'm looking for, but they didn't have everyone's favorite "1,000 Combo!"
Last edited by O 16581 72452 5 on Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:13 pm

I admit I don't pay a huge amount of attention to everything the announcer says. It's the same voice. Like I said, some phrases have been added (for instance, I know the combo count announcement goes higher in Extreme than it does in MAX2). They may have also changed what triggers which sound from mix to mix. But if you're just after the sound files, an Extreme announcer pack should be pretty all-inclusive for MAX-Extreme.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:29 pm

O 16581 72452 5 wrote:Edit: StepMania announcer files were what i'm looking for, but they didn't have everyone's favorite "1,000 Combo!"
http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~martinbv/ddr/1000combo.wav

You can't get any more authentic than that - It's ripped straight off the CD from Extreme AC. And yes, it appears to be plural ("1000 combos!")

Edit: Here's every sound from Extreme: http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~martinbv/ddr/exsounds.zip
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:34 pm

MonMotha wrote:
O 16581 72452 5 wrote:Edit: StepMania announcer files were what i'm looking for, but they didn't have everyone's favorite "1,000 Combo!"
http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~martinbv/ddr/1000combo.wav

You can't get any more authentic than that - It's ripped straight off the CD from Extreme AC. And yes, it appears to be plural ("1000 combos!")

Edit: Here's every sound from Extreme: http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~martinbv/ddr/exsounds.zip
Yo,

Haha, thanks!

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:38 pm

hmm the extreme one didnt work for me....oh well, i guess i'll just stick with my 7th mix one
Team KIMO represent!

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:23 pm

What do you mean it "didn't work"? That's not like a stepmania soundpack or anything. It's just a zip of wavs of every sound ripped straight from EX AC. Some of them will even have the wrong sampling rates, but it's all there as it is in the game. The URL seems to work fine (and I verified that the file is actually in the webspace).
A normality test:
+++ATH