The greatest soft pad is coming back possibly!

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

The greatest soft pad is coming back possibly!

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:41 am

Ok, so who remembers this? I know I do and it only came out in Japan. Well... that may be changing according to http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php/ne ... e-show-744
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Re: The greatest soft pad is coming back possibly!

Post by letshavetea » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:40 pm

I dont!

For those of you who also don't know wtf he's talking about.... according to that article it looks like a Konami made ignition...

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The greatest soft pad is coming back possibly!

Post by Ho » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:22 pm

I remember.

Yes, the Deluxe pads were similar to Ignition pads in that they had a foam insert that zipped inside. These existed in the Japanese market long before Ignition pads and were an official Konami product rather than a third-party product.

Konami also sold a product called the "manner cushion" which was a foam piece to put underneath their regular soft pad. The idea behind this was to reduce the vibration and sound of playing since lots of Japanese live in hi-rise buildings with neighbors below them. The Deluxe pad took the idea to the next level and put the manner cushion inside the pad.

I've played on a Deluxe pad a couple times. The experience was as good or better than an Ignition. Also, I know people who have had them for years and years and they still hold up, so the quality was apparently quite high. Of course the price was also quite high (as I recall, > $100 to import), so you would hope for them to be good.