9%
BLAH...DDR has always sucked.
9%

Total votes: 11

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:41 am

First off, hermione gets a free trip on the worlds most offensive, expletive filled pain train in the world. You can pick up your free pregnancy any time you're in Bloomington. If you don't mind, I have a few people that would like to watch.

Why DDR sucks... Oh dear. Lets go back in time to a galaxy not so far away, roughly 5-6 years ago. Common interests between people here... Japanese culture, anime, Japanese music, electronic music, Hot Topic culture, and video games. Nowadays things are a lot different. Some people (most notably me) hate Japanophiles. I'm not racist and I don't hate it, but I'm not going to spend every waking moment wishing that I'm there. I used to be one so my hatred for these people knows no bounds. I guess the main point is, we grew up. We've changed and no longer enjoy each others company as much.

Add that to shitty song lists and swallowing any competition... Game over. I'm honestly more interested in ITG2 than anything else. I like EDM, not this corny, synthetic happiness filled eurocrap that seems to plague the Bemani series. Now ITG no longer exists and Konami is working on a new Winning Eleven.

I love this thread too, danc1005. If you're a female, not obsessed with anime, and not fat, would you like to go on a date sometime? Just pay for my food and I will be impressed with you.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:22 am

I guess my biggest thing I see wrong with this argument is just... When my sister "discovered" DDR... seven years ago... she showed all her friends it, I picked it up and showed all my friends it... and I still am...

No shit it got popular... just like anything you get a few hardcore people raving about it and people will go crazy about it.

Hell Wednesday night I brought this 36 year old mom to an arcade to show her DDR. Her kid is fat, he's a gamer... and I know that DDR got me off of my ass.

To say that the popularity ruined the game... is just you being too impatient to wait your turn at the arcade. When I took Chris to the arcade on Wednesday the first one we went to was packed.. so we left and went to another one that I know not many people go to. Problem solved.

If you were to have bitched about the shitty songlists or an actual aspect of the GAME then it'd be passable, but in all honesty... I'd say Konami is trying to grant your wishes of lessoning the playerbase... it's obvious with their songlists nowadays.

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:14 am

BeatmaniacIIDX wrote:First off, hermione gets a free trip on the worlds most offensive, expletive filled pain train in the world. You can pick up your free pregnancy any time you're in Bloomington. If you don't mind, I have a few people that would like to watch.

Why DDR sucks... Oh dear. Lets go back in time to a galaxy not so far away, roughly 5-6 years ago. Common interests between people here... Japanese culture, anime, Japanese music, electronic music, Hot Topic culture, and video games. Nowadays things are a lot different. Some people (most notably me) hate Japanophiles. I'm not racist and I don't hate it, but I'm not going to spend every waking moment wishing that I'm there. I used to be one so my hatred for these people knows no bounds. I guess the main point is, we grew up. We've changed and no longer enjoy each others company as much.

Add that to shitty song lists and swallowing any competition... Game over. I'm honestly more interested in ITG2 than anything else. I like EDM, not this corny, synthetic happiness filled eurocrap that seems to plague the Bemani series. Now ITG no longer exists and Konami is working on a new Winning Eleven.

I love this thread too, danc1005. If you're a female, not obsessed with anime, and not fat, would you like to go on a date sometime? Just pay for my food and I will be impressed with you.
I looked up the name Casey in the Thesaurus , and it refered me to Faggot and Asshole.

Way to prove your gay AND a poser, Danc1005 looks like Clark Kent also, not much of a chick IMO, but who knows what you like.
I'm prettier than you :)

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:59 pm

letshavetea wrote: Hell Wednesday night I brought this 36 year old mom to an arcade to show her DDR.
COUGAR COUGAR REVOLUTION.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:07 pm

hermione wrote:
BeatmaniacIIDX wrote:First off, hermione gets a free trip on the worlds most offensive, expletive filled pain train in the world. You can pick up your free pregnancy any time you're in Bloomington. If you don't mind, I have a few people that would like to watch.

I looked up the name Casey in the Thesaurus , and it refered me to Faggot and Asshole.

Way to prove your gay AND a poser, Danc1005 looks like Clark Kent also, not much of a chick IMO, but who knows what you like.
Shut up woman. You speak when spoken to. I'm going to guess since you play DDR, you probably look like a man with a gut to make Ricky from TPB blush (but you have tits with unattractive 20 in. in diameter nipples!) or you're a raging whore with a vagina that resembles a 100 day old, dried out, lemons.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:48 pm

BeatmaniacIIDX wrote:resembles a 100 day old, dried out, lemons.
Lysol fresh.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:22 pm

BeatmaniacIIDX wrote: Shut up woman. You speak when spoken to. I'm going to guess since you play DDR, you probably look like a man with a gut to make Ricky from TPB blush (but you have tits with unattractive 20 in. in diameter nipples!) or you're a raging whore with a vagina that resembles a 100 day old, dried out, lemons.
Actually, hermione is quite attractive..."hott" you might say :wink:

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:26 pm

Ohh... In that case, I'd fuck her. ;)

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:01 pm

danc1005 wrote:
BeatmaniacIIDX wrote: Shut up woman. You speak when spoken to. I'm going to guess since you play DDR, you probably look like a man with a gut to make Ricky from TPB blush (but you have tits with unattractive 20 in. in diameter nipples!) or you're a raging whore with a vagina that resembles a 100 day old, dried out, lemons.
Actually, hermione is quite attractive..."hott" you might say :wink:
It's true, I'm probably hotter than you.

Being a girl and all.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:44 pm

another solution for the over popular ddr... pump it up

like none of the trend ddr players know about it and none of them want to play it because its 'stupid' because the layout is 'hard'

and on another note i think this is what happened to harry potter when the movies started coming out :( (and a lot of other books)
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:48 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:another solution for the over popular ddr... pump it up

like none of the trend ddr players know about it and none of them want to play it because its 'stupid' because the layout is 'hard'

and on another note i think this is what happened to harry potter when the movies started coming out :( (and a lot of other books)
but PIU sucks, this has already been discussed.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:45 am

^ speaks truth.

ITG has a better chance as it at least provides geeks a chance to indulge in whatever their fantasy (usually homosexuality) is. The R21 upgrade is the solution to the shit songs of DDR.

KeeL>Naoki. Unless you suck Japanese dick.

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:10 pm

Pump is for players who can't get the timing right on DDR because they suck :/

It's also for people who walk out of tournaments because they have no chance of winning since they saw who is entering.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:42 pm

Kyle Ward produces some pretty generic music. If you can actually listen to his music outside of ITG next to professional stuff and still say it's good, then I feel really bad for you.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:49 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:Kyle Ward produces some pretty generic music. If you can actually listen to his music outside of ITG next to professional stuff and still say it's good, then I feel really bad for you.
This could not be quoted more for truth.