9%
BLAH...DDR has always sucked.
9%

Total votes: 11

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:20 pm

Irrelevant. He still makes great songs to dance to. I like the music on ITG a lot better than DDR. Pump I still haven't decided how much I like their music.

But out of curiousity, what's an example of some of this "professional stuff" that you like so much?
groovestats
<3 blackcat

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:21 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:Kyle Ward produces some pretty generic music. If you can actually listen to his music outside of ITG next to professional stuff and still say it's good, then I feel really bad for you.
And yet his music is still better than 90% of whats on DDR/Pump
I'm prettier than you :)

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:54 pm

I'd rather dance to generic EDM than some happy, cheery J-pop star. Hell, even the Japanese people think they sound like shit. Korea has Seo Taiji who is FINALLY getting some representation in Pump. They also have a song from Pia, his project group. Unfortunately, it's their worse one. The Koreans aren't even that hot on Pump's soundtrack. Until more recently, hip hop has been huge there.

And if Kyle Ward is generic, Banya must be Korean for generic.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:15 am

BeatmaniacIIDX wrote:I'd rather dance to generic EDM than some happy, cheery J-pop star. Hell, even the Japanese people think they sound like shit. Korea has Seo Taiji who is FINALLY getting some representation in Pump. They also have a song from Pia, his project group. Unfortunately, it's their worse one. The Koreans aren't even that hot on Pump's soundtrack. Until more recently, hip hop has been huge there.

DDR isn't necessarily just the members of BForU. They actually added some awesome house and electro tracks in SN2. My gripes with PIU are more with the game itself than the music. I wish there was a nice middle ground instead of very easy and very difficult.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:33 am

Same.

I still hate Banya though.

Not quite as bad Darude, I will give him that...

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:45 am

BeatmaniacIIDX wrote:I'd rather dance to generic EDM than some happy, cheery J-pop star. Hell, even the Japanese people think they sound like shit. Korea has Seo Taiji who is FINALLY getting some representation in Pump. They also have a song from Pia, his project group. Unfortunately, it's their worse one. The Koreans aren't even that hot on Pump's soundtrack. Until more recently, hip hop has been huge there.

Seo Taiji and Boys have had songs in Pump since the near beginning. Hayuga, I Know, Unforgettable Memory, and Ultramania premiered on Perfect Collection. They were later taken out even though most of the fans of the game wanted the songs to stay. Kyle Ward does make what I would consider generic techno music. However, it works well for a dance game that you only hear two minutes of music per song. And yes, I also consider BanYa/Yahpp generic simply because they tend to take a 7-9 minute long song, cut it up and make several songs out of them. The worst (or best) example of this is Monkey Fingers and Monkey Fingers 2 which is nearly the same thing except about an octave higher.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:39 pm

Yes, but I want new Seo Taiji. Think Livewire and Heffy End.

No one freestyles worth a damn anymore (myself included) so it's not necessary that every song have some smooth dance friendly beat.

The only advanted to PIU is that your legs are spread so far apart most of the time that your balls don't get all sweaty.