Bumble Bee is coming to ITG2

Moderator: Moderators

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Bumble Bee is coming to ITG2

Post by pkmnx » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:52 pm

Along with Follow The Sun and Typical Tropical.

DDR songs make this topic fit in with this forum, I swear. >_>;

Discuss.

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:53 pm

Okay, going with the DDR theme are there any others
coming with those?

LiLTT
Standard
Standard

Post by LiLTT » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:18 pm

YEAA!!!

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Post by pkmnx » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:57 pm

No more are confirmed AS YET, but what was at ASI was a PRE-pre-beta; the earliest version of the machine that anyone has seen.

A few more may slip in before the final release.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Re: Bumble Bee is coming to ITG2

Post by RyogAkari » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:54 am

pkmnx wrote:Along with Follow The Sun and Typical Tropical.

DDR songs make this topic fit in with this forum, I swear. >_>;

Discuss.
Man, they really want a lawsuit, dont they?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:10 am

Supposedly (according to the screens that say you're not allowed to use DDR aracdes outside of Japan), Konami lets the authors of the songs (and other art for that matter) retain the copyright to their works. This means that those artists are likely (though not guaranteed, they could have granted Konami perpetually exclusive rights) allowed to license their works as they see fit, especially now that DDR is old.

I'm assuming Roxor isn't stupid enough to use copyrighted works without permission. That could look very bad, especially since the games they're making aren't made by them anyway (ITG is Stepmania with a new skin, and Tuxracer is, well, Tuxracer; both of which are opensource, GPL, and freely available; they just put them in arcade cabinets).
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Post by pkmnx » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:16 pm

A) DDR songs are licensed individually; that's why Furuhata's Theme and other popular songs rarely get more than a few mixes. Some, like Butterfly, were outright purchased by Konami, giving them the freedom to use it however they please. While these songs were licensed in the past, any legal contract surrounding them has certainly dissolved by now, especially considering today's attention on the legality of music. I highly, highly doubt that Roxor would have gone into this without doing their research.

B) Konami doesn't care.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:11 am

MonMotha wrote: I'm assuming Roxor isn't stupid enough to use copyrighted works without permission. That could look very bad, especially since the games they're making aren't made by them anyway (ITG is Stepmania with a new skin, and Tuxracer is, well, Tuxracer; both of which are opensource, GPL, and freely available; they just put them in arcade cabinets).
quit trying to randomly insert your argument from earlier into this thread. Wrong place, even I know that. But then again, you'll try to find SOMEWAY to justify your words.

leave it to a mod to abuse his powers :)
Last edited by CaseyDidder on Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:59 pm

Just like Starian on PIU. I have a feeling several DDR songs will end up on either in the future. Plus, since there is no Konami arcade division in the US, maybe they'll liscense out existing songs in the US.