Stunts and Costumes!!

Moderator: Moderators

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:04 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:is it just me who thinks that butterfly freestyle wasn't very good...
Ya know what? It probably isn't...then again, it was my first try about THREE YEARS AGO. That was back when I would have trouble passing Butterfly on Maniac.

That "freestyle" was a planned impromptu. I knew what I was going to do, got a costume and prop ready, but hadn't rehearsed the moves.

I honestly don't know how it went, because I've never watched the video. Think what you want about it; like it, hate it, I don't care. I freestyled, or at least tried, and I continue to try and do a little more than PA.

^_~ Don't worry, though...if all goes well, I'll have a new freestyle put together in the next few weeks...or months...I dunno.

yamcha61
Standard
Standard

Post by yamcha61 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:08 pm

Ho wrote:
yamcha61 wrote:"](like dressing up in a cowboy out fit with a stick pony, then dancing to Cowgirl)
yamcha,
Out of curiosity...had you actually seen the video of me prior to creating this thread and using that particular example or was that just a remarkable coincidence?
To be totally honest I never even heard of anyone else doing anything like that before I did it. Kinda ironic though (i did much the same things) :lol:
What happens when you get scared half to death twice?

yamcha61
Standard
Standard

Post by yamcha61 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:13 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:is it just me who thinks that butterfly freestyle wasn't very good...
BTW what butterly freestyle? Could you make a link for me to see. PLEASE :o

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:06 pm

God Of Rock wrote:Oh, I might....

Ay ay ay...
Click the link, go down to the bottom of the page and
click the free download link. It will give you a download
ticket and then the dl prompt will come up.

yamcha61
Standard
Standard

Post by yamcha61 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:16 pm

thank you God of Rock.

Honestly I thought for being improv it was very good. A lot better than I can do even today on an improv :D

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:17 pm

No problem

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:28 pm

sorry, didn't mean any offense- I just don't know why you would dress up and have a prop and then not even do much with it at all.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:14 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:sorry, didn't mean any offense- I just don't know why you would dress up and have a prop and then not even do much with it at all.
It's ok. I may have come across as overly harsh toward your comment. My point is simply that I hope this community would encourage its own and be supportive of people's efforts.

Be careful that your criticism isn't seen as an insult. That's why I reacted the way I did to your initial comment. It's alright to not like something. But if you're going to express it, offer some reasoning and be respectful. Your followup post is better because you bring up a specific point of criticism rather than just a blanket statement of it not being good.

I will also take this time to apologize. I think I overreacted a bit. You just said it "wasn't very good" as opposed to a more negative or insulting statement like "it sucked." I may have read a bit more into it since Yume is a friend, but that's why I encourage you to be careful with how you express criticism. It's easy to misinterpret when all we have to go on are words on the screen and we don't get the non-verbal and tone-of-voice elements of face-to-face communication.

Anyway, to address your specific inquiry, I know I've had routines where I had the intent to do something with a prop or costume piece but it didn't work out for one reason or another: missed a cue, got excited and forgot, or just flat out screwed it up. :P

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:42 pm

Okay, no hard feelings 8) .
I'll try to be more specific with my posts so nobody gets the wrong idea. Sorry about that.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Fuzakeru
Standard
Standard

Post by Fuzakeru » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:25 pm

Both of those videos were simply awesome. ^_^

Yume, I really liked your outfit with the little umbrella. It was adorable.
Ho, . . . . . . . wow. xD! -insert constructive awe here-