Worst DDR injury

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Worst DDR injury

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:44 pm

Let's hear 'em.

The reason I bring it up, the guys at Bowlami fest talked about how awesome Do You Remember me doubles is. I figure I'll give it a shot. I accidentally slid off of the side of the pad and landed my knee right onto the corner of the machine. Left a little cut, but the impact hurt like all get out. I tried to keep going without failing, but it was too late. At least I got to finish the song before failing out.

I didn't even swear or hit anything! I'm growing up.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:26 am

im always sliding off the pad on doubles... but nothing has happened yet :D

wasnt there already one of these threads?
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:58 am

Pheonixguy wrote:wasnt there already one of these threads?
Yeah in the PIU area
http://www.indyddr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1488

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:13 pm

Erp, you're right. Lock this.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:41 pm

But Tim hasn't gotten to talk about his infamous "knee-drop-screw-implant" cut and post disgusting pigs!

[Edit] Pics*...typos suck.
Last edited by Jeff Jeff Revolution on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:34 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:But Tim hasn't gotten to talk about his infamous "knee-drop-screw-implant" cut and post disgusting pigs!

OK, Jeff, there you go. Thread can be locked now.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:35 pm

Probably my pride, or my masculinity.

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:04 am

Well, I'll lock it if you really want, but not before my favorite stories...

LazerLite used to have a DDRMAX machine, and at one point it was in a righthand corner. I decided to try MAX300 Heavy Double. Remember the part earlier on in the song where you're basically running figure-8's on the thing? While heading for the right arrow on the 2P side at full force I ran SMACK into the very nearby wall and fell off the machine on my ass. Yay!

Josh still has my favorite...WAY back, say late 2000 through early '01 when "the Fishbowl" was the place to play DDR (US Mix...how far we've come), Josh and I used to play around on Trip Machine ~luv mix~. Now I did a few stupid things, but Josh just loved to do stunts like aerials and backflips over the bar. His favorite part was during that spot in the middle where both the arrows and the music kinda break away for a few seconds, during which he'd usually grab the bar, kick off the front of the machine (this was back when it was supported against some much heavier machines, so it was stable), and vault backwards off the machine over the bar before leapfrogging back on to land the next jump. Whew. If you look back to the beginnings of the IndyDDR photo archive you can actually see a few shots of him in midair. No, I won't link it; you have to go look for yourself to see how crazy we were, and how young and stupid we all looked. February and March of 2001. Anyway, he'd done this so many times, but noooooo one knew what DDR was back then, so he had a crowd of several dozen people watching both inside and outside the "bowl" in a sort of entranced awe. Which, of course, made it seem like several hundred people. Now that the stage is set...

...the music drops, and so does Josh, hard. He got the kick of his vault okay, but while he was as vertical as the Eiffel Tower, his hand slipped, and all of his momentum and weight came crashing down full-force on the left rear part of the 1P stage; lying there, his back half on, half off the platform, eyes WIDE OPEN and motionless. It was such a hard hit, it took the breath out of EVERYONE watching. You would have thought they all just watched a baby get hit by a train, the looks of shock and horror on their many faces. The manager, who seemed miles away at her little desk, was up on her tiptoes with this look that could only have portrayed one of two possible frames of mind: either surprise buttsex by a frighteningly well-endowed stallion, or "Oh SHIT, he's dead, I hope this place doesn't get sued out of existence!" Everyone just stood there after that, motionless and frozen in their looks of terror and concern, as Josh laid there, possibly dead, as he was equally frozen. Naturally, after a few seconds, I did the only thing I could...and laughed my ass off. "Oh my GOD, dude, are you alive?" Josh is a trooper, so of course he started laughing too, and followed up with a healthy "OW!" Everyone just shook their heads and breathed a sigh of relief. He really screwed up his upper back and shoulderblade on that one, as it was the equivalent of jumping up really high and doing a somersault back-first onto metal stairs. It is without a doubt my most vivid DDR memory, and it always will be.
People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.