Supernova 2 Testing is FINALLY happening!

Moderator: Moderators

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:44 am

Cbav wrote:
liquidblue aka DBV wrote:you guys act as if this is anything new
the songlist on DDR games has always sucked
edit?
I mean honestly, as I said in the other topic, you haven't even *played* anything below 5th mix extensively or heard any of the music, so how can you say this?

The song genres are massively different in 4th mix + and below.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:29 am

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:
Cbav wrote:
edit?
I mean honestly, as I said in the other topic, you haven't even *played* anything below 5th mix extensively or heard any of the music, so how can you say this?

QFT

a lot of it (at least from what i can tell) is more along the lines of k-pop, some of them are even the same songs that are in pump (like starian).

but i am just going off what ive played on ONE mix :)
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:00 am

Cbav wrote:
edit?

I'm glad you've informed me that I've never played 4th mix DBV.
I've actually played all of them and my opinion still stands itg is better. lmao

(i make posts like this because i enjoy watching you freak out)
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:17 am

Cbav wrote:
Cbav wrote: edit?

I'm glad you've informed me that I've never played 4th mix DBV.
I've actually played all of them and my opinion still stands itg is better. lmao

(i make posts like this because i enjoy watching you freak out)
1) I haven't freaked out one time on this message board, or any other message board; as I said before, and as Ho understood, it's just debating. I don't get actually angry or frustrated or whatever else, it's just talking over the internet; it'd take a lot more than internet debates to get me irritated.

2) I mistook you for danc; you guys had such similar posts in that last debate topic that i thought you were the one who said you hadn't played anything pre-5th mix.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:16 pm

Personally, I liked 6th, 7th and 8th mixes' (AC) songlists....

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:57 pm

To me, the Supernovas have given much more of an attempt to have some mainstream music, or at least covers of them. The earlier series have had much more niche music...either cute Konami originals, or some neat undergroundish music that was just coming to the surface in some clubs and such (ie Stomp to my Beat). And much of it was just...cute. Max, and Max2 in particular, really tried to go more trancey. Max2 and 4th+ are still my favorite two machines for the feel of the songlists and themes. I'm sure there are some wonderful songs and charts on the more modern DDR games (Seduction, hehe), but they just havent' captured the feel of those older ones for me. Here's to hoping I'm surprised with the newest mix :wink:
People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:23 pm

Jizzon wrote:some neat undergroundish music that was just coming to the surface in some clubs and such (ie Stomp to my Beat).
This music, and the music of Beatmania 5 key, are what I love. If DDR had kept this kind of music, that would be fucking awesome.
Jizzon wrote:And much of it was just...cute. Max, and Max2 in particular, really tried to go more trancey. Max2 and 4th+ are still my favorite two machines for the feel of the songlists and themes.
I really don't get the "cute" statement... all the way up even to 5th mix, I can't think of more than about eight or nine "cute" songs.

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:47 pm

Really? Well, memories are very...skewed things. As DDR in its early incarnations was my first exposure to such genres as J-Pop, I remember it possibly stronger than the actual representation might depict. smile.dk, retro songs like Kung Fu Fighting...then you have the dancers and wacky backgrounds. So yeah...cute!
People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:56 am

Amp Divorax wrote:...the Japanese release is happening on the 22nd.
word

The main arcade I go to installed it today.

You can now track your burnt calories via e-amuse. ZOMG.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:00 am

All that blue kind of reminds me of the icy look of the DDRMAX3 title screen that circulated prior to the release of Extreme.

I realize a lot of people here may not have seen that. I wasn't able to find it in a quick search. I don't know if it turned out to be a scrapped title or if it was just a fake fan-made graphic.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:52 pm

http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php?news_id=446 has news concerning some unlocks in Supernova 2. Of note being new notecharts being unlockable for some old favorites. I still have to ask how in the holy f*cking hell it would be possible to do a practical 10 ft chart for AM-3P.

Also, usually I'm complaining about the US versions missing songs from the JP arcade versions. Well, this time it seems it may be the other way around as this is a list of songs that appeared in the US tests and NOT and haven't appeared in the JP AC release thus far.

JUPITER: The Bringer of Jollity / PLEIADES PRODUCTION
L'amour et la liberté (Darwin & DJ Silver Remix) / NAOKI in the MERCURE
PARANOiA (HADES) / αTYPE-300
Pluto / Black∞Hole
Pluto Relinquish / 2MB
Poseidon / NAOKI underground
Saturn / Mr. Saturn
Uranus / Tatsh SN 2 Style
Arrabbiata / Reven-G改 (Reven-G alternative)
Bloody Tears (IIDX EDITION) / DJ YOSHITAKA
CaptivAte~誓い~ (CaptivAte~CHIKAI~) / A/I
FIRE / Mutsuhiko Isumi
Votum stellarum -forest #25 DDR RMX- / iconoclasm
MARS WAR 3 / JET GIRL SPIN
STARS★★★ (Re-tuned by HΛL) DDR Edition / TЁЯRA
Venus / Tatsh+RayZY

http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v2/ddrgamedb.php?gameid=32 has the songlist.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:31 pm

Oh, I can see the 10 footer for am-3p easy; during the runs, when the extra synth sound comes in, throw in a jump or something, follow the noise a LOT more, etc.

also, supernova is both awesome and shitty at the same time.

awesome because now they are doing challenge charts for old songs (this is assuming there are boatloads of them; if there's like, only these five, then screw it);

shitty because it actually got RID OF THESE SONGS;

-be in my paradise
-celebrate
-jam jam reggae (both versions)
-20,NOVEMBER
-Dr.love

and a few others. I mean, you get rid of one of the flagship songs of the bemani series, the one that has more signifigance to beatmania sure, but still, wow, and the other songs were gold too. wtf?

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:41 pm

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:and the other songs were gold too. wtf?
I don't understand how ANYBODY can call BIMP gold...

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:07 pm

danc1005 wrote:
Do you play doubles? The doubles chart was amazing. Singles was fun too but the doubles I rank up in the top 5 funnest doubles charts, easily. Like a more complicated but slightly slower version of JJR (AMD)'s doubles.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:16 pm

danc1005 wrote:
Do you play doubles? The doubles chart was amazing. Singles was fun too but the doubles I rank up in the top 5 funnest doubles charts, easily. Like a more complicated but slightly slower version of JJR (AMD)'s doubles.
No, actually I don't play any doubles. I was mainly just talking about the SONG, I can't stand it.